Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuclear Explosion)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
ASLY

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuclear Explosion)

Post by ASLY »

Nice job Feralidragon! :tu:
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

All I can say is :gj:
I know that this might delay the release by a few days but can you add help text at the bottom of the screen (you know, that yellow line with text on it)?
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

I have no words for it :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Thanks all :tu:
GEx wrote: I know that this might delay the release by a few days but can you add help text at the bottom of the screen (you know, that yellow line with text on it)?
Well, some weapons (the ones slightly more complicated to use) have text already (very short sentences) to indicate what to press and how to use them, but when I mean "slightly more complicated", I mean just the Megaton and its decoder, which work differently relative other weapons.

As for the rest, there isn't really a need for such text imo: you press fire or altfire and the results are pretty much direct, there aren't any special combos on them unlike the previous version, since this complicated their usage and thus the dose of fun they should provide, so I made all of them simple.
You have tons of possible configs for them to modify their behaviour, and for this I will make documentation, but in-game their actual usage is very direct.

But I guess I can detect if the pack is being run for the first time and make an automatic intro on all the different weapons and how they work (like some new games do). :)
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I ment that you should add that text on some configs (like in NW2X, I had no idea what opaque crosshair ment :? ) so that you could explain what it does and what other options you should enable/disable (like ''in order to use this option, you must enable that option''). Just my small suggestion.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Oh, so you mean in the menus themselves have some sort of context help explaining what each setting does instead of having only the docs to resort to?
That makes sense indeed, will add that to my todo list. Thanks for your suggestion. :tu:
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

So often as developers we discuss things using jargon that not everyone understands. I'm as guilty as anyone of thoroughly explaining a question but leaving the person who asked it going "Ehh, WTF?" Change the blurb to see-thru-crosshair and then everyone will get it. I find it incredibly hard to be non-technical since that explains my point the best but it's not the way that most people will get what I mean.

Can't wait to play Ferali. I know you've worked so damn hard on this.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Feralidragon wrote:Oh, so you mean in the menus themselves have some sort of context help explaining what each setting does instead of having only the docs to resort to?
That makes sense indeed, will add that to my todo list. Thanks for your suggestion. :tu:
No prob. :tu:

I have a question:
What might happen if I launch the alt-fire of your translocator in the sky? Would it just bump off?
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Well, yes, eventually (once it hits the level boundaries, there's no way I can detect accurately if the translocator is on the high sky or a really large cave of sorts in most maps, so it is that way).
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

You have a point there. I guess you know what you're doing. Anyway good luck on finishing this project. :rock:
Meindratheal
Average

Post by Meindratheal »

Things have gone a bit quiet, I hope everything's alright :/
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Ferali is working really hard ...you will see it is worth it. ;)
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

I am still working on fixes, optimizations and enhancements for the weapons, but although they were relatively fast for most of the weapons, things didn't go so smoothly for graviton: spent the last entire week fixing a single online sync problem relative the beam (I had literally to reinvent a way to keep it in sync with the server, it worked though) and another problem relative how rotations in UT work (also fixed now, thankfully if it wasn't for my knowledge in "truth tables", I would be screwed, "good theory makes good computer algorithms" proves to be correct once more).

But now, I am going on to the Freezer and on to the rest of the weapons for optimizations, hopefully since no one has elastic physics they shouldn't give me any of these issues.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

You are going to the freezer to get .. some snacks! Good luck while finishing! The remaining %`s are always the hardest and longest ones.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

He's just stalling for more time :loool:
So long, and thanks for all the fish