Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuclear Explosion)

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuclear Explosion)

Post by EvilGrins »

In case you were unaware, your weapons pack to be has been mentioned over at Mapraider · http://www.mapraider.com/forums/thread/?thread=1769

They had a question that I guessed at.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I was aware of that one, but back then (almost 1 year ago) there were no replies in that topic so I even forgot that topic existed at Mapraider (thanks to FreakinMeany for even making it a news item in his site, highly appreciated :D ).

Anyway, yeah, you provided the right answer there. In fact, NW2 had a very poor bot support, in this one bot support is light-years ahead.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

If you say so. When I play MH with those weapons the bots have a field day with them. Granted, I play with bots a lot but still...
...I think they use them better than me...
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Still in the phase of fixes and enhancements (almost done, next a few more features and interface), but since some months have passed and someone at moddb just screamed "update please!", I thought... well, why not?

To whoever saw the 2nd preview of NW3, in the end of the video I have shown the Megaton nuclear explosion at the time and the guided nuke HUD.
If you don't remember those, I invite you to just check the nuke part of the video to see the "old" ones.
Anyway, I found those a bit "meh.." and decided to enhance both (along with all the nuclear explosions and many other NW3 weapons).

This is the result of the Megaton nuke enhancement and guided nuke HUD enhancement (the "red lit environment" caused by the ongoing nuke, lens, atmospheric ring, etc), still not perfect, but I won't enhance these any further, so this is what you should expect in the final release (which should happen soon):
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Further proof that pink is evil.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Feralidragon wrote:Still in the phase of fixes and enhancements (almost done, next a few more features and interface), but since some months have passed and someone at moddb just screamed "update please!", I thought... well, why not?

To whoever saw the 2nd preview of NW3, in the end of the video I have shown the Megaton nuclear explosion at the time and the guided nuke HUD.
If you don't remember those, I invite you to just check the nuke part of the video to see the "old" ones.
Anyway, I found those a bit "meh.." and decided to enhance both (along with all the nuclear explosions and many other NW3 weapons).

This is the result of the Megaton nuke enhancement and guided nuke HUD enhancement (the "red lit environment" caused by the ongoing nuke, lens, atmospheric ring, etc), still not perfect, but I won't enhance these any further, so this is what you should expect in the final release (which should happen soon):
Ok now I have to hurry up with my fan project ... Fighting Nalis.
You will get new skins to your mod Ferali ... :satan:
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

WHAT THE FU... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Muhaahahahaha, muhahahaaa!
Looks awesome ferali!
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Meindratheal
Average

Post by Meindratheal »

Things have been quite for too long, hope everythings still OK!
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Hey, he did too much to just drop the whole project, so there's no turning back for him. Just wait a few more weeks...
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Don't worry, everything is ok. Actually I am working on it at full steam as I post this, there's very little left to do actually.

Right now I am finishing the main mutator (the one that is going to replace the weapons and all), the thing is, this one is not a simple weapon replacer, it's far more complex as it allows far more things (any weapon replacements (even from other mods if you wish), any default weapons (weapons you start with on respawn), full "loaded" support, LMS support, playing with NW3 and normal weapons at the same time if desired, make some weapons only appear under certain conditions (by filters in the ini for each weapon, for example: added map height and size filters to the ionizer and ultimaprotos so it doesn't appear in maps like Deck16), replace 1 weapon by multiple weapons as either a full weapon locker, or in a randomized/sequencial way, and many more useful things).
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
(any weapon replacements (even from other mods if you wish), any default weapons
:tu:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Judging by the screenshots, one must wonder how many trees were sacrificed in the process of developing these deadly weapons.

Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Idk about the number of trees, but a lot of bots and other pawns sure didn't like to get obliterated... :mrgreen: (they already got their payback while I was testing their AI though)

Anyway, since this topic has been touched, here's a screen about the new weapon chargers:

These chargers glowing color can be fully customized (when I mean "fully", I mean absolutely any RGB color, so you can set them to be green, red, yellow, pink, purple, a darker purple, brown, orange, whatever color you possibly want).
You can also customize their animation (no animation, flickering and how intense, pulsing and how fast, etc), and in team games they acquire team colors (so in games like Domination, if they are near a Blue control point, they will be blue, once the control point changes to Red, Green or other, the color of the closer chargers will change accordingly. However, you can also disable team colors in team games for each weapon, ammo or other replaced pickup if you wish.

There are a second kind of chargers which besides the color, you can customize their size and the texture itself (basically they are simple sheets with a texture on them, good for who wants to fully customize their server with clan logos or other stuff).
You can opt to not have chargers at all if you want.

Unlike the NW2 chargers, these are extremely low poly (around 20x less polys), so no lag from these anymore in NW3.
iloveut99
Skilled

Post by iloveut99 »

Looks awesome. :gj:

Keep it up!
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

New UDamage: