Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Re: Nali Weapons 3 - Release

Post by GenMoKai »

Pretty!
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Is this how it kills? Dracula style?

Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Basically this oversurrection spawns a big ice crystal (violently) from the ground, and more ice crystals start to pop out from the ground as well creating an ice crystal "forest" of sorts over time.
Now, if the enemies are near or on the ice crystal, they run the risk to get either:
- frozen exactly where they are (damage done over time);
- frozen AND impaled by those ice spikes (as you see in the screenshot).
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

:shock:
Can a flamer or the magma, melt it ?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Okay, it's magically delicious.

When are you gonna release the thing so we can play with it?!?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Dr.Flay wrote:Can a flamer or the magma, melt it ?
No. The oversurrections are fully independent of each others, and generally independent of their surroundings.
So the FlameTracker oversurrection magma cannot be solidified either by this ice.
EvilGrins wrote:When are you gonna release the thing so we can play with it?!?
I don't know yet. There are a couple more oversurrections to do (Vulcan next, then The Miner, MultiMissile Launcher, IRPR, Cybot Launcher and finally UltimaProtos), which I already have fully clear ideas on what exactly I am going to do (which didn't always happen through the development hence some others taking longer), and once I finish them all I will be able to make a prediction on release, until then, I just don't have any idea.
This one for instance took a good while longer, not only because I was still making experiments in what worked out and looked good and whatnot, but mostly because I took a break from modding for the past 2~3 weeks.
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

Y do you need to make a Oversurrection of UltimaProtos??
UltimaProtos is itself a Super Weapon in NW series.

I wonder about the Vulcan Oversurrection. Could be like Huge and Massive Minigun Cannon which is placed on one static Place and killing everyone whatever comes in its way? :O
Ah no I think my idea is similar to the W.R.E Oversurrection.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Rocky wrote:Y do you need to make a Oversurrection of UltimaProtos??
UltimaProtos is itself a Super Weapon in NW series.
Because its oversurrection is one of the main reasons which drove me to create the Oversurrector in the first place. :)
The actual effect of it will be mostly for display, the pinnacle of all the UT effects and displays I have ever done (or at least going to try to), and believe it or not, if it doesn't sound possible: deadlier.
And it won't be a nuke like the UltimaProtos itself, it will revolve around something else, as just like in every other weapon, the UltimaProtos has a theme of its own.
Rocky wrote:I wonder about the Vulcan Oversurrection. Could be like Huge and Massive Minigun Cannon which is placed on one static Place and killing everyone whatever comes in its way? :O
Ah no I think my idea is similar to the W.R.E Oversurrection.
The Vulcan oversurrection has nothing to do with a minigun, and for now that 's all I am going to say (I don't want to spoil it yet).
However the IRPR one is going to be something close to your description, but I am not going to spoil it yet either.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

I say you make the Oversurrection of UltimaProtos anti-climactic. The one and only one that makes just a teeny tiny spark...

...and then the entire landscape explodes.

Pity one of them, like the bio-rifle, doesn't create zombies.
heliumcat
Skilled

Post by heliumcat »

It's probably been discussed before and I hadn't actually had the time and opportunity to notice it in the game myself or on this forum, but do monsters actually attack cybots when cybots don't start attacking them first? Do they actually attack cybots at all?

Off-topic: I've noticed that the ChaosUT turrets (despite of them being awesome on their own) don't attack anything but enemy players and bots and vice versa, so I guess these turrets could use a fix or an update maybe.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

heliumcat wrote:do monsters actually attack cybots when cybots don't start attacking them first? Do they actually attack cybots at all?
Hell yes they do!
They threaten them, they chase them... though most monsters are horribly outgunned by most cybots.

Still, some of the more powerful monsters do manage to kill them from time to time.

Admittedly the monsters displayed here have insane amounts of health as their maps were setup for redeemers and other powerful weapons.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

heliumcat wrote:It's probably been discussed before and I hadn't actually had the time and opportunity to notice it in the game myself or on this forum, but do monsters actually attack cybots when cybots don't start attacking them first? Do they actually attack cybots at all?
Yes, they do. Cybots are specifically coded to "provoke" enemy monsters and bots to attack them when they are close by. But just like EvilGrins pointed out, they generally win because they are more powerful (not only because of the projectiles, but also because they're programmed to dodge and do certain kinds of movements to avoid getting damaged).
If you lower the damage of the projectiles (and a few other things) in the settings, or increase the game difficulty, you can see clearly how monsters and bots behave against cybots.
heliumcat wrote:Off-topic: I've noticed that the ChaosUT turrets (despite of them being awesome on their own) don't attack anything but enemy players and bots and vice versa, so I guess these turrets could use a fix or an update maybe.
Well, with the ChaosUT team disbanded, it would be up for someone to do so (it won't be me though), although the mod construction is a bit messy so it may be hard to do it without breaking anything else in the mod.
heliumcat
Skilled

Post by heliumcat »

Feralidragon wrote:
heliumcat wrote:Off-topic: I've noticed that the ChaosUT turrets (despite of them being awesome on their own) don't attack anything but enemy players and bots and vice versa, so I guess these turrets could use a fix or an update maybe.
Well, with the ChaosUT team disbanded, it would be up for someone to do so (it won't be me though), although the mod construction is a bit messy so it may be hard to do it without breaking anything else in the mod.
Perhaps someone could just "extract" the turret (and the other stuff where the turret depends on) from the mod and make his/her own version of it that works independantly from the rest of the mod and "fix" the turrets code there?

I'm using stuffswapper anyway for weapons and items so I could just import the separate weapon in there via ini or the import app stuffswapper has.

That would at least be less of a hassle than to break and alter the whole mods code.

Could be wrong though since I don't know that much about coding but I guess it should be better?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

In Wormbo's Rockets-UT (or was it UT-Rockets?) is a rocket launcher (spawns randomly on the Redeemer spot) which can place a team based Cannon ...this cannon behaves just like the turret from ChaosUT plus you can attache it on every bsp surface.
heliumcat
Skilled

Post by heliumcat »

papercoffee wrote:In Wormbo's Rockets-UT (or was it UT-Rockets?) is a rocket launcher (spawns randomly on the Redeemer spot) which can place a team based Cannon ...this cannon behaves just like the turret from ChaosUT plus you can attache it on every bsp surface.
I love that mod and it's weapons, but the weapons seem to cause crashes in some situations when they're used with the weapons of nw3, (the latest version of) apocalypse weapons and chaosut in stuffswapper and I think the turret launcher turrets in rockets-ut also ignore monsters and cybots just like the chaosut turrets sadly enough (from what I've noticed at least).

They're awesome turrets though, equally as good as the chaosut's ones, yet cybots :slime:slime: beat the shit out of both of them in terms of basically everything lol.