Fake players mod detection [WIP]

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Hitman
Adept

Re: Fake players mod detection [WIP]

Post by Hitman »

If there was a disable-mod to add to NPLoader I would happily add it to all my servers without losing any sleep cos i forced it, its a cheat and a spit in the face for us that trying to keep UT pure, and for those admins who use it, why dont you play on your own servers to attract players ? instead of using fake ones ? and for you medor, regain your UT honor and please delete these files for the good of game.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Dr.Flay wrote:
Chamberly wrote:Dark, I could say it will be very simple just to have another server tab with nobots being displayed. Because there is some peoples out there who just rather play with bots or humans by choice. Even both.
We aren't wanting to filter bots, only fake players.
You see bots, you get bots. No problem. We like bots.
You see fake names, you get an empty map and then an unknown number of real bots start spawning, all with more random names.
How often do you see the UT bots being advertised on a UT server? Not often right?

What I mean is, having a tab to filter to view all real players (excluding those so-called fake players mod) without a view of the advertise names in the server list.

Are you guys even against an bot advertising with the bot tag on it or something? :loool:
I seen one with [BOT]Loque on another server lol.

---

I know MEDOR do not host cheats as I scan the downloads and view through couples of thing. But telling someone to upload cheats is actually against their will and the community. Such disgrace.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

papercoffee wrote:
TheDane-PM wrote:Please remove them asap!
Sorry, but how would you react, if I would talk to you in such a tone?
The remaining PM is written in a polite manner but this one line can be misinterpreted as "Boss-Talk".
Ehm?!?!? Please explain to me HOW and WHY you came to read my PM? PM = Private Message.
Now about that phrase - it was not ment as a dictation? And since you agree to the rest beeing polite howcome you see this as dictation? I ask them both to please remove the files asap. Is it the asap that makes it sound like it's a dictation? I used that term because I happen to feel this was an important issue for me, I'm sorry that you don't see it like I do, but can't you for once try and see it from a neutral point? Try and pretend that it was someone else but me who wrote it and then see what you made of it? English is not my native language, I may not be the worlds best person to formulate my Words. The way we construct our sentences here in Denamrk are much different from how they are constructed in English, just as medor is having difficulties with English too?
papercoffee wrote:The only thing we can score against medor are his insults against Kelly, because this was too much.
Medor is a honorable member because of what he did good for the community ...I know honorable member who did some mistakes in the past, too. Should we also revoke their rank?
As you said, because of what he DID. I don't think like you do, I happen to think that if a person has screwed up in the past, but have learned from that and are behaving better today, then that is WAY better than a person having acted great in the past but now has started to screw up? The behaviour of a person should always be better as expiriences are gained - not the other way arround? The way you say it, it's just like stating that once you get the green suit it's a lifetime thing to wear. There are some mighty truly honorable members in that Group - you are not making them look any better by doing it this way.
Chamberly wrote:I know MEDOR do not host cheats as I scan the downloads and view through couples of thing
Define cheats then? If faking players isn't a cheat, what is? Who gets to say a cheat only works one way?
Retired.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Hmm. Perhaps it is in the translation ?
"Please remove them asap!" is urgent.
"Please Remove them immediately!" Is more like boss-talk, but they mean exactly the same.

Dane, you run your own forum so you know exactly how and why, so don't bother looking shocked.

Well actually Chamberly, Medor has openly admitted to hosting the fake-players, so yes he does host them.
But yeah I had been playing with the logic of this already. A solution of sorts to listing something not there.

If the "fake-players" were actually spawned as bots with the same name on entry, and to exactly the same number.
That would be delivering what was on offer, but only if they are set as normal bots that do not register player stats.

As a "pre-order" of what you are going to get, it does not constitute false advertising.
If someone is crazy enough to join a CTF Face map listing 32 bots, they should get 32 x crazy. I would spectate that !
The server will remove bots if people join, so no problem.

Couldn't there just be a simple mod that shows the amount of bots the admin has set for the maps, before you join ?
Topic for another day.

Anyway. This thread moves to another site now, as it has already been crippled here. and I'm going to have to lock it for the sake of my sanity.