server help:( please help

Discussions about Servers
shadow-
Novice

server help:( please help

Post by shadow- »

okay i am trying to get a my own server. I went to start new multiplayer game. I filled all the information needed on the server and customized levels and bots and everything else to my liking. I went to dedicated, so then it minimized and oped up an icon for the server, like all the advanced options, the level, current amount of players and what not. So then i opened unreal tournament again and did start this time. It brought me to the opening level and everything seemed like it was working. I pressed f2 and all the information came up about the server. So i was playing on it and everytime i was playing against bots. So then i went to find internet games and went on a different server and told someone to try and find my server i made and play there. So i waited a while and no one came up, just bots. So i went back to the server and asked to him if he found my server and he said it didn't come up in the list. So then i looked and couldn't find it either. I didn't register my server on any site, so that might be what's wrong. I tried on this one site and it says like query port and join port and i didn't know what it was. So i left it how it was 7777 and the other one was 7778. And then something came up like could not scan. Also when i go to start multiplayer game i leave it at port 80 so maybe i should change it., not sure though. So if anyone can tell me a site to register my server that would be good. If anyone can help me i will be so happy.
thanks
Leader: Shadow
unreal://76.243.207.199:7777
http://www.freewebs.com/unrealblackout
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Re: server help:( please help

Post by GenMoKai »

http://unreal.epicgames.com/utServers.htm

This is a bit the basics to start your own server, thats the only thing what i can help you with
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
lauren
Skilled

Post by lauren »

This is a problem that nearly everyone has that they cannot see their server i the server's list.
if you have a router you need to open your router and tell it can run a server(sounds weird rofl)

However most people cannot open their router which is a big problem
LT
aaBlueDragon

Post by aaBlueDragon »

Hey, you need to forward the UT port to your local IP.
click Start -> Run -> type "cmd" and click enter.
type "ipconfig" and click enter
-the last box, default gateway, is your router's IP.
-the first box, IP address, is your LOCAL NETWORK IP.
type the gateway IP in your internet browser and enter, if it asks for a password, try admin, or Admin combination.
This is your gateway's configuration interface.
there you have to forward the UT99 port (default 7777) to your local IP.
if you have a DMZ (Dimileterized Zone) option in your router's settings page, you could use that, although you should know that it will forward all ports to your IP, exactly like you were connected directly to a modem, which means you are more exposed, use with caution.

Good luck,
aaBlueDagon.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

actually you need to give your ut server a static ip .. preferably an ip thats not part of the dhcp pool. for instance you get an ip 192.168.1.100 well most likely your router hands out addresses lik 192.168.1.50-100 so you want to use an ip outside that range like 192.168.1.200-254

then you have to go to your router 192.168.1.1 in web browser ( some routers differ with ips i.e 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.2, or 10.10.1.1)
you need to find port forwarding. once found you need to forward these ports

7777-7779 - 192.168.x.x (which ever ip you made your server)
27900 - 192.168.x.x (which ever ip you made your server)

oh and i almost forgot!!! make sure in your ut.ini that DoUplink is set to True

GG

Im here all week
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB