UT99 War (New gametype) - [ON HOLD]

Discussions about GameTypes
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: UT99 War (New gametype)

Post by Feralidragon »

So, here's why I can't do all the vehicles by myself, my modelling skills suck (new IRPR (InfraRed Precision Rifle - top screen) and the remake of MultiMissile Launcher (bottom screen). The screens are the models "raw", without any skin and flat shaded (polys display):

So, are you convinced now to model some vehicle to this mod? This is the potential result if I model all the stuff, and I am sure you don't want them like this.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Hmmm to be honest... the multi missle launcher looks scary :tu: i like it ;) and yes, im also conviced for the vehicles, i cant do any better with simple brushwork skills i have. You also want to keep this weapons for your mod?
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

GenMoKai wrote:Hmmm to be honest... the multi missle launcher looks scary :tu: i like it ;) and yes, im also conviced for the vehicles, i cant do any better with simple brushwork skills i have. You also want to keep this weapons for your mod?
Yeah, I want to use my new weapon pack for the mod, with a little skin work on them, they should look a little better.

As I am done with the weapon models, I am going to do the ammo pickups models (easy) then the fire effects.
I didn't make the weapons as detailed as I wanted due to poly count limit, only the MultiMissile Launcher has above 1000 polys.

My new weapon pack will have the remake of all previous Nali Weapons (6 weapons) and 4 new ones. As opposite the previous pack, my main worry will be balance, so BoltRifle won't be as powerfull as it was, and Graviton will have another 1st Fire mode instead the vortex. The new Nali Weapons I can spoil the name:
- Cybot Launcher
- WRE (War Ready Enforcers)
- Vulcan
- IRPR (InfraRed Precision Rifle)

And thanks GenMoKai for the help :tu:
GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

Feralidragon wrote:My new weapon pack will have the remake of all previous Nali Weapons (6 weapons) and 4 new ones. As opposite the previous pack, my main worry will be balance, so BoltRifle won't be as powerfull as it was, and Graviton will have another 1st Fire mode instead the vortex. The new Nali Weapons I can spoil the name:
- Cybot Launcher
- Vulcan

Thanks for what ?! :shock: didnt do much exept talking and small discussions via PM

About Vulcan and those WRE (Love those names for those weapons) Also totaly new remake? or just orignal unreal/unreal tournament weapons with some small projectile/sound (and more) changes?

Agian about Vulcan... it sounds like a armor piercing weapon :P like a massive minigun or something or a fire damage weapon instead of bullets... Maybe a bit more info about those new weapons? I'm to curious!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

GenMoKai wrote:
Feralidragon wrote:My new weapon pack will have the remake of all previous Nali Weapons (6 weapons) and 4 new ones. As opposite the previous pack, my main worry will be balance, so BoltRifle won't be as powerfull as it was, and Graviton will have another 1st Fire mode instead the vortex. The new Nali Weapons I can spoil the name:
- Cybot Launcher
- Vulcan

Thanks for what ?! :shock: didnt do much exept talking and small discussions via PM

About Vulcan and those WRE (Love those names for those weapons) Also totaly new remake? or just orignal unreal/unreal tournament weapons with some small projectile/sound (and more) changes?

Agian about Vulcan... it sounds like a armor piercing weapon :P like a massive minigun or something or a fire damage weapon instead of bullets... Maybe a bit more info about those new weapons? I'm to curious!
Thanks for a potential future war map and a well done brushwork on a cargo :tu:

All my weapons have totally new models (even the The Miner model looks like a reshaped Flak Cannon, but I swear that I did it from scratch), new effects (I will try the best effects I can do), some new fire modes and unique features from the weapons.

About your thinking about Vulcan, I only can say BINGO. lol Yes, it's a massive minigun, but it don't only fires bullets, as it fires something else too :twisted: but everything balanced, I promise, nothing overpowered.

More info about the weapons, well, just a curiosity: I was going to use them in a Single Player campaign and tell their story, but I think a Single Player campaign won't be possible now. Well, I am thinking to go back into the Single Player development again, this next weekend I will see. Maybe I finish the gametype, and meanwhile some people develops maps for it, I can develop the Single Player campaign with these weapons.
Basically, they are 10 weapons built by Nali a long long time ago, but by 2 different opposite races: the Elemental Nali and the Advanced Nali.
Elemental Nali developed 5 weapons based on their religion, the Elemental Weapons, and Advanced Nali took their most advanced technology and built another 5 weapons, the Tech Weapons. Now, which are what (Tech or Elemental), you guess, here's the full list of weapons:
[quote]- WRE (War Ready Enforcers)
- Flame Tracker
- Bolt Rifle
- Graviton
- Freezer
- Vulcan
- The Miner
- MultiMissile Launcher
- Cybot Launcher[/quote]
GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

Ghehe :P the cargo ship is just a simple thing ;) But if you want to i can make more of such ships/airplanes/boats with a bit "ready for war" look like the cargo ship.

Owke further about your stuff. Dont know, maybe you can make a development team or something? Mappers/scripters/moddelers/etc... (owke you are a good scripter/modeller) Remember, some of our people are good at mapping and if you can draw there attention for this mod, maybe they also want to help with mapping (maybe even a simple tutorial map for start?

Like the ideas for those weapons (some i already know from other maps you made with those weapons, it sounds good in my ears) Maybe i ask to much... but also some new pickup ideas ? (like armor/stealth/healtvails/Udam and stuff)
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

GenMoKai wrote:Ghehe :P the cargo ship is just a simple thing ;) But if you want to i can make more of such ships/airplanes/boats with a bit "ready for war" look like the cargo ship.

Owke further about your stuff. Dont know, maybe you can make a development team or something? Mappers/scripters/moddelers/etc... (owke you are a good scripter/modeller) Remember, some of our people are good at mapping and if you can draw there attention for this mod, maybe they also want to help with mapping (maybe even a simple tutorial map for start?

Like the ideas for those weapons (some i already know from other maps you made with those weapons, it sounds good in my ears) Maybe i ask to much... but also some new pickup ideas ? (like armor/stealth/healtvails/Udam and stuff)
The vehicles, yeah. I have a pack with brushworked vehicles, but only a few tanks and planes are good, the rest are just good for deco or just have too many BSP holes.

About the other stuff, yeah, I thought of that, but when I just told some story in unrealsp.org, major of them were: What's this?! Nali don't know nothing about weapons!! How they would...? etc
Just a few told me, that the idea was very original, and it was very different from the typical: "you're alone in a planet, get your ass out from there" or something.
I will try to recruit a little team when I'm done with all the story weapons and vehicles, and with an intro trailer map.
My SP vehicles will all be done only by me, I just asked more for the war gametype, because I will only do a few for the sp campaign. Well, in resume, time will tell...

About pickups, I want to do some yes, but the only thing that came up in mind (and actually Creavion's mind too) and actually I already coded was UBerseker. Creavion has it for this mappack, but it still needs to be completed and compatible to some stuff, ask Creavion for more details about this pickup.
But I hadn't any more ideas for pickups so far, maybe while I'm doing the weapons and the vehicles, I can think in somethink good, or maybe not. Again, time will tell.
GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

Feralidragon wrote:About the other stuff, yeah, I thought of that, but when I just told some story in unrealsp.org, major of them were: What's this?! Nali don't know nothing about weapons!! How they would...? etc
Just a few told me, that the idea was very original, and it was very different from the typical: "you're alone in a planet, get your ass out from there" or something.
I will try to recruit a little team when I'm done with all the story weapons and vehicles, and with an intro trailer map.
My SP vehicles will all be done only by me, I just asked more for the war gametype, because I will only do a few for the sp campaign. Well, in resume, time will tell...

About pickups, I want to do some yes, but the only thing that came up in mind (and actually Creavion's mind too) and actually I already coded was UBerseker. Creavion has it for this mappack, but it still needs to be completed and compatible to some stuff, ask Creavion for more details about this pickup.
But I hadn't any more ideas for pickups so far, maybe while I'm doing the weapons and the vehicles, I can think in somethink good, or maybe not. Again, time will tell.
About story, yes i knew such troubles will came... But remember ONP (Operation Na Pali for the people who dont know) They knew "how to use those weapons" Also Nali's are paranormal/magical creatures... like the elemental nali's in your story, they COULD enchanted normale weapons during the skaarj/humans were on Na Pali. You know those SP projects ;)

But about those Advanced Nali's... Just like humans we love to learn stuff...For example (maybe a rude one) In Europe we invented a lot of stuff... but those chinese just copy cat all the stuff ;) Just think at Yamaha/Toyota/Sony/Samsung (orignal idea's were from US or Europian in inventions, it are facts ;) ) Those nali's could have done the same

I hope i gave you a idea for your story line

About those pickups, i know the stuff :) Creavion already showed me some stuff and they look nice though. But maybe a little idea agian :) Like in UT2k4, you can run faster when you have 100 adrenaline... Maybe you can use it also as a pickup, like you can faster run/walk for lets say... 20 seconds? And in combo with other pickups it maybe can speed up the weapon even more (Like Beserk)

Let me know what you think ;) Just some idea's, you doesnt have to use it. only some ideas
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

But the main story itself already has a strong base, I just know it will be very controversy, but about that I can't do much. There are people that will accept, and people who don't, life is that way.

About the 2k4 combos, I forgot that, it is indeed a good idea :mrgreen:
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

Feralidragon wrote:So, here's why I can't do all the vehicles by myself, my modelling skills suck (new IRPR (InfraRed Precision Rifle - top screen) and the remake of MultiMissile Launcher (bottom screen). The screens are the models "raw", without any skin and flat shaded (polys display):

So, are you convinced now to model some vehicle to this mod? This is the potential result if I model all the stuff, and I am sure you don't want them like this.
HOLYSHIT!!! THAT'S NOT A MISSILE LAUNCHER, THAT'S WMD (Weapon of Mass Destruction)!!! and I thought the BFG 9000 kicked ass. I just got a really big grin on my face thinking about the damage I can do with that... That rifle-while not the best I've seen-looks pretty kick ass too.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Lee_Stricklin wrote: HOLYSHIT!!! THAT'S NOT A MISSILE LAUNCHER, THAT'S WMD (Weapon of Mass Destruction)!!! and I thought the BFG 9000 kicked ass. I just got a really big grin on my face thinking about the damage I can do with that... That rifle-while not the best I've seen-looks pretty kick ass too.
Thanks, that missile launcher has a mass destruction mode indeed (you need 100 ammo to that mode).
Yeah, I told you my skills are noobish, this is the first time ever I modelled weapons, I never modelled a rifle or a missile launcher before in my life. That's why I am not the best guy to model the vehicles neither (even that I will try model some).
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

Hm... i think the barrel would look much better if you make it a bit longer. 8)
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers
GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

Shade wrote:Hm... i think the barrel would look much better if you make it a bit longer. 8)
Agree, and maybe a little change in the ammo

Maybe this is a idea :) i dont want to bring your weapon down, cause i really like them, but maybe the rifle need a little adjustment

here we got a example. I love my p@int-zkill0rz!
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

The barrel, yeah, looking at it again I think is too short too, I will make it a little longer.

About the ammo and the other changes, I like it like it is now, and I already made the ammo pickup model, besides, the rifle will look a little different with a skin (vertex lighting), sorry. I will only make the barrel a little longer. I really have to make a new model for Graviton and WRE (or maybe I will let WRE stay as it is, but I don't like it very much, looks like a mini shotgun LOL, no, I think I have to do a new one).

I forgot that I have the UltimaProtos (weapon) model to do too.

P.S.: Good MSPaint skills GenMoKai, it looks like a genuine model LOL
GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

Feralidragon wrote:P.S.: Good MSPaint skills GenMoKai, it looks like a genuine model LOL
LOL yeah right :P i only can work with MSPaint, but you dont need to say sorry for the things you want to change and not to change ;)
it looks overall very good and i (we) know you do your best at this gametype! Keep on the good job :tu: uhmm... maybe some new shots ?