Teleporters Texture not visible on server

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Barbie
Godlike

Teleporters Texture not visible on server

Post by Barbie »

In a map I want to have a (moved by AttachTag) teleporter with a appearance like a translucent ball, for example like Texture GenFX.LensFlar.Dot_B. So I took a teleporter and changed the following properties:
  • bHidden=False
  • bStatic=False
  • bUnlit=True
  • Texture=Texture'GenFX.LensFlar.Dot_B'
  • Style=STY_Translucent
  • DrawScale=2
If I play this map locally, everything is fine. But if I put the map on the server and play it, that teleporter is not visible.
What setting did I miss? :omfg:
Editors View
TeleporterLensFlar.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: Teleporters Texture not visible on server

Post by Red_Fist »

It might be the skin or multiskin selection textures.

Just a guess, but it might have to do after changing from normal to translucent affecting things. You could try a quick test and set it to "normal", see if it shows up. like I said, just guessing.

Or botpack is forcing things for online ,have make a new class. ?
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

See Script for Teleporter and Actor class - section replication - there you can see what gets updated in client and what is not updated.
There are somehow many actor properties which are not very replicated. NavigationPoints are poorly updated. Different things are done more for mesh holders and game related things. Even light is incomplete.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Red_Fist wrote:changing from normal to translucent affecting things
Nope, I tried but that didn't change anything. But thanks for the hint.

...later...

Now I've found the setting: if Teleporter.bStatic==True, the Texture is shown if map runs on server. But then I cannot move the Teleporter by AttachTag. So I'm going to use the Knife/Candle disguise trick...
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I sure hope meshes and/or Deco work while attached, moving online. That MH map I am working on, have some attached. It's a "pillar" deco. Not sure if it's a stock UT deco.
Binary Space Partitioning