Calling Sektor...

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Calling Sektor...

Post by Loose Cannon »

Hey Sektor,

You created a really cool ghost for me to use in a map. I liked it so much I wanted to add a couple more. I used the same tags, but can't get the other "ghost" to move with the mover. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Also, when I move the female "ghost" around in the editor, she doesn't move in the map?? . Need your expertise :D
Thanks.
Attachments
practice ghost.unr
(8.18 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Calling Sektor...

Post by sektor2111 »

I'll take a look over it, properties of "ghost" are important.

Edit: I would like another decoration there - a movable one (book by example with meshes changed). I don't see major issues (it works) at male but at female we have several things which have nothing to do with purpose of a ghost:
Physics - leave these to NONE because they are not supposed to move autonomous or such. ( even at male doesn't make sense - carcass is not swimming )
bCollideActors should be FALSE - we don't need them losing mover base at some encroachment.
I removed Physics related setup and bCollideActors turned to False + pulling "female" a bit closer to mover. Now both of them are moving ( after starting game of course ). Go get a try doing these settings and... get rid of SPACE from map-name.
Loose Cannon
Skilled

Post by Loose Cannon »

OK, thanks. I'll try those things. Thanks for the advice!!!
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Keep in mind that for some un-common stuff several tweaks are doable in MyLevel... These ghosts performing animations ?
Threatening, waving, taunting, etc. Depending on ambience you can create something scary or whatever haunted place. It's possible making these ghosts to do evil things (dropping rocks). See AS-Mazon as a stock example...