Recommended MonsterHunt server version?

Discussions about Servers
User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
Posts: 6397
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: On the roof.

Re: Recommended MonsterHunt server version?

Post by sektor2111 »

iCTF ? After a search it was showing some UT4 cup (OFF topic) and a few mapvote things and the rest of gaming no that much, yes, I think MH must be everywhere like I said it's not a game-type, a development with still 40+ servers and game number 4, it's a... nvm, I can see entire forums based on MH and here doesn't even have a section, so maybe I won't dedicate a separate time for working at it since it's not that important, I'll suggest iCTF instead if this is a method to deny MH
User avatar
Chamberly
Godlike
Posts: 1963
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:32 pm
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora
Location: TN, USA

Re: Recommended MonsterHunt server version?

Post by Chamberly »

papercoffee wrote:Fan count is irrelevant. Or else we have to consider iCTF as well.

But...
sektor2111 wrote: XC_Engine [...] deserve a Section [...] like SDK [...] XC_Engine used normally (not as I do with it) does improve a normal server, that stuff deserve an entire section, many of those old troubles were vanished by Higor.
Good point. I would subscribe this.
I made a joke about it, but you are right.
I could agree about XC_Engine having it's own section. There could be many things for it because it support many different area of the game. This is like a wish list lol.
@Shade
Image
Image
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Pileyrei
Masterful
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:10 pm
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Re: Recommended MonsterHunt server version?

Post by Pileyrei »

I'm currently running MH503 with UTJMH29 and NW3.
The server needs some serious work so was just wondering what version of MH you went for?

Thanks
Piley
Image

Our Server
Image

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
User avatar
Barbie
Godlike
Posts: 2770
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:01 pm
Location: moved without proper hashing

Re: Recommended MonsterHunt server version?

Post by Barbie »

Pileyrei wrote:what version of MH you went for?
Not sure what the guy who asked me has decided for, but I think it is "MonsterHunt2Gold" what he is running now.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Pileyrei
Masterful
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 3:10 pm
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Re: Recommended MonsterHunt server version?

Post by Pileyrei »

Thanks Barbie

Will give that a go then :)
Image

Our Server
Image

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 10433
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.

Re: Recommended MonsterHunt server version?

Post by papercoffee »

Barbie wrote:
Pileyrei wrote:what version of MH you went for?
Not sure what the guy who asked me has decided for, but I think it is "MonsterHunt2Gold" what he is running now.
MH2-Gold has an awesome score board... :mrgreen:
User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
Posts: 6397
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: On the roof.

Re: Recommended MonsterHunt server version?

Post by sektor2111 »

If Scoreboard is more important than how game do runs, this is the answer, else get a nice scoreboard and import it into some MH2 with tunes and have a joy.
User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
Posts: 6397
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: On the roof.

Re: Recommended MonsterHunt server version?

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump here because I was getting a bit of light around this problem.

By conforming a good MH compilation and good files, your MH will get improved 300% if some of those "fixed" Levels are going to be removed. Logic is simple, if a Map has Fix2 FixX this means it was a bad one, any of those trying to fix it did not fixed all problems, so map keeps being bad even after 10 revisions. Get rid of such Levels, recompile MH, conform the rest of needs properly and... you can play MH 1 week with no break if you can stay awake. This is my 2017 year conclusion.

To quote some useless things happening in default engine:
- we get a pickup - other pawn might get a pickup as well - All OF These collectors are getting "ClientMessage" calls - A.I. doesn't even need any crap like that, "headshot" included and the rest of blabbering which only Player is using;
- some cheating ConsoleCommands aka "IAmTheOne" are good to be eradicated because are pointless ON-LINE and others as well, they should trigger an automated kick for sender which doesn't have rights to use these as admin tester;
- we don't need a few PlayerCanSeeMe checks (fragment class as sample) a "lifespan" might be less expensive for CPU than computing view angles and more suitable.

By getting rid of such similar engine useless processes you are in charge for a smoother action - to not forget mentioning that ScriptedPawn improvements/fixes are doable with less CPU used for tweaking, by simply executing the right code by default without any "Push-Fix" code. Other game-types might go improved this way as well...

I would like to know these years ago...
User avatar
Barbie
Godlike
Posts: 2770
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:01 pm
Location: moved without proper hashing

Re: Recommended MonsterHunt server version?

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote:Logic is simple, if a Map has Fix2 FixX this means it was a bad one, any of those trying to fix it did not fixed all problems, so map keeps being bad even after 10 revisions.
That's your point of view, but in general a fix is done to solve problems ("never run a program with a 0 minor version...") So I always prefer software ("maps") with a higher patch level.

To turn your logic into opposite: if a software ("map") never has been fixed all errors remains in there.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett