First Maps (CTF)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!

Re: First Maps (CTF)

Postby papercoffee » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:16 pm

sektor2111 wrote:
papercoffee wrote:Your randomiser irritates me every time those Gasbags pop up at the start of the map... but that fits better in another thread.
Like I said, I'm using that only for certain DM maps not for everything because that mutator doesn't have eyes and not even for myself it's not a must have everywhere. In any potential future version I won't remove those temporary checkers (not gasbags) they are saying/testing which node is suitable for being mobile so are the main mutator core and I want them VISIBLE - feel free to modify it in another way.

Yeah I get it that those Gasbags are just visualisations ...
The randomiser works for DM or TDM the best.
But also in CTF can it force the bots to use different paths. It makes the opposing team of bots more unpredictable.

SkYlInE wrote:(are they the same like a player start for the bots anyway?like player start is an replacement for a path node)

Player starts are player starts ...but technically could you path a map with player starts only. But that would be insane.

Hm.... insane is exactly my kind of thing. I have to experiment on this idea. Or are there any limits how many player starts I can put into a map?
papercoffee
Site Staff

Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: First Maps (CTF)

Postby sektor2111 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:30 pm

For preventing thread hijack I won't insist that I thought at some mutator (not exactly like NavAdder) which might use paths toggling in CTF games (and/or others). The problem comes in first map analysis - writing correctly a sort of "eye" or configurable based on map-name, and delayed. Some team-work would be appreciated here but I don't see any candidates for getting into this task.

Returning to the topic: Valid Tutorials are those written by people coding this game and other rebels demonstrating facts not stories. Reduce the number of paths and learn to debug the network using said commands, it won't hurt anything in range.

papercoffee wrote:Player starts are player starts ...but technically could you path a map with player starts only. But that would be insane.

Hm.... insane is exactly my kind of thing. I have to experiment on this idea. Or are there any limits how many player starts I can put into a map?
Nope, more than 16 are useless for spawning and PlayerStart has another purpose than telefraging Pawn running through there. You can adjust default PathNode, complete map, build paths, save, end of problem, it's what builders done by me are doing - preparing pre-pathing stage that can be more fine tuned as well... resulting a different way of doing.
sektor2111
Godlike

Previous

Return to Mapping