UnrealArchive.org

If you have found new Downloads or created something by your own, please announce it here

Re: UnrealArchive.org

Postby UnrealGGecko » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:10 pm

No, those files would be clasified as misc. files. They're not a problem.
The reason there's a problem is that the dragon doesn't qualify as any of the catagories that are currently available. In order to put the dragon in here, there 1st needs to be a section for either UED scripts or pawns. :noidea
"NHL Rock The Rink" (PS1) announcer wrote:...And there are no stunt doubles in this game, folks!

My work for UT99: Counter-Strike VP, MaleOne+ & FemaleOne+ voicepacks (NEW!), DM-XC-NaliTreeV2 (from the ut99.org Xmas Contest mappack), my small spec of files at Google Drive

List of console converted maps, models & more!
UnrealGGecko
Site Staff

Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Postby rjmno1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:39 pm

Its no need the uploaded to your site it was already on the moddb website wich you can find here:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-psx-rework-rise-of-jrath/downloads/unreal-dragon

The names of the authors are also in there.If you accept the upload it can be orginized in the unreal section of your website.
I have deleted the pcx and the 3ds files and the wav files.
Uploaded with only the uc files and the u files as, dragon 2015.rar.It can have a place in the unreal section of your website.
The Original 3ds files are also deleted.I think some one did a great job with 3ds max.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
rjmno1
Masterful

Personal rank: masterfull

Postby Shrimp » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:50 pm

Ah, I see.

The Archive website won't accept it because it's not a player model or anything like that, it's a piece of content people should place in their maps, which isn't really something I can automatically categorise.

I hope to have some sort of generic file depot thing one day where we can dump and manually categorise files like this, but at the moment, it can't support it, sorry :sad2: .
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 20 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
Shrimp
Average

Postby rjmno1 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:37 pm

Shrimp wrote:Ah, I see.

The Archive website won't accept it because it's not a player model or anything like that, it's a piece of content people should place in their maps, which isn't really something I can automatically categorise.

I hope to have some sort of generic file depot thing one day where we can dump and manually categorise files like this, but at the moment, it can't support it, sorry :sad2: .

Thank you for your time shrimp. :gj:
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
rjmno1
Masterful

Personal rank: masterfull

Postby Dr.Flay » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:48 pm

The Dragon is easy to classify, it is a Pawn.
Dr.Flay
Site Staff

Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Postby Shrimp » Thu May 02, 2019 6:09 am

Did a mass data update of about 13000 Unreal and UT maps:

- Some maps have multiple `LevelInfo`s in them (the result of multiple copy/paste/import/export cycles?!) so often the indexer didn't use one with author/title information. Also fixed missing screenshots when there was just a `MyLevel.Screenshot` that wasn't linked to the `LeveLinfo`.

- For Unreal/UT maps, now using the `LevelEnterText` as the description, when available.

- Also fixed wrong character encoding used for decoding strings, so now authors/descriptions with non-ASCII characters show up correctly. Only applied to Unreal/UT maps, still need to re-index the UE2 content.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 20 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
Shrimp
Average

Postby UnrealGGecko » Thu May 02, 2019 1:15 pm

Great news, thank you for your hard work Shrimp. :gj:
"NHL Rock The Rink" (PS1) announcer wrote:...And there are no stunt doubles in this game, folks!

My work for UT99: Counter-Strike VP, MaleOne+ & FemaleOne+ voicepacks (NEW!), DM-XC-NaliTreeV2 (from the ut99.org Xmas Contest mappack), my small spec of files at Google Drive

UnrealGGecko
Site Staff

Postby Hook » Fri May 03, 2019 1:32 am

Yes, Thank YOU so much for your hard and dedicated work Shrimp! :tu:
:gj:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
Forums: http://hooksutplace.freeforums.net
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777
Hook
Masterful

Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Postby Carbon » Sat May 04, 2019 2:35 am

Great work @Shrimp but one thing: where does one get the "unreal tool" for mirroring? It is mentioned time and time again on the site, but seems to be a ghost. Also, any Windows environment support planned for the tool? I'd think the archive would be more widely mirrored if this were to happen. :)
Carbon
Inhuman

Personal rank: Hoarder.

Postby Shrimp » Sat May 04, 2019 6:34 am

Carbon wrote:Great work @Shrimp but one thing: where does one get the "unreal tool" for mirroring? It is mentioned time and time again on the site, but seems to be a ghost. Also, any Windows environment support planned for the tool? I'd think the archive would be more widely mirrored if this were to happen. :)

Good points. I'll try to add the actual tool to the archive itself.

In terms of windows support; It should work as-is for mirroring purposes, though I need to actually test and document that process. I'm trying to make better use of the issue tracker, so I've opened an issue for this.

Thanks for the feedback :thuup:
ShrimpWorks
Shrimp
Average

Postby UnrealGGecko » Sat May 04, 2019 12:06 pm

Issue: the ut-files and medor no-ip mirrors do not actually work as they don't link to the file.
Example, the map DM-Machine from ut-files
Link that I get: http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=M ... achine.zip
Link that I get: http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=M ... achine.zip
(Seems the & in the link is being changed to %26 and brakes the link)

Same issue with medor's mirrors.

Also, if a file has ] or [ in its name, the uttexture mirror breaks as well.
Example: this map https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... b34f9.html
Gives me the link http://uttexture.com/UT/Downloads/Maps/ ... d%255b.zip
But it should be [url]http://uttexture.com/UT/Downloads/Maps/DeathMatch/MapsW/dm-whitedwarf][.zip[/url]
Again, seems some ][ get changed to something else and breaks the link :noidea

UnrealGGecko
Site Staff

Postby Carbon » Sat May 04, 2019 3:18 pm

Ok.
Last edited by Carbon on Sun May 05, 2019 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carbon
Inhuman

Personal rank: Hoarder.

Postby Neon_Knight » Sun May 05, 2019 3:32 am

Hi! Undusting this account to say AWESOME JOB, SHRIMP!.

I've been trying to clone the unreal-archive-data repo to my PC, it has several files with invalid characters. Took me the entire day until I could manage to clone the repository. Here's the issue.
"Practice good sportsmanship. You were a n00b once, too." - UT3 Loading Screen
"Level Designers are 1 part architect, 1 part artist, 1 part game designer, and 1 part beta tester!" - Cliff Bleszinski
"The ratio of critics to creators is something like 10,000:1. The ratio of good critics to bad: 1:10,000." - Fast Eddie
Neon_Knight
Novice

Previous

Return to Report new Downloads