UnrealArchive.org

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
Shrimp
Adept

Re: UnrealArchive.org

Post by Shrimp »

Thanks. I still need to address the linking to those problem.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

If anyone's interested in it, there's a bunch of Rune content on there now.

Still need to add a bunch of mods and patches and stuff, but the basics like maps, models, and mutators are there.

It's a bit outside of "Unreal", but it looks like there's a bit of community overlap, and it also seems the Rune community doesn't have as many options like Medor and UT-Files for keeping their stuff safe.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Shrimp wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:55 am If anyone's interested in it, there's a bunch of Rune content on there now.
Yes, looks interesting - now just need to know how to convert Rune models to UT :P

I don't know if it is only temporary but all the Rune models except those with names beginning with A resolve to a 403 Forbidden when clicking on the links.
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

OjitroC wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:01 am I don't know if it is only temporary but all the Rune models except those with names beginning with A resolve to a 403 Forbidden when clicking on the links.
Ah, weird. Fixed, thanks for the spot.
ShrimpWorks
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Welp, time to run through my regular sites yet again to look through Rune items :D
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

I've added read-only mirrors for the BeyondUnreal Wikis - Unreal Wiki and Liandri Archives.

https://unrealarchive.org/wikis/index.html

Specifically, because on occasion the Unreal Wiki specifically has gone offline, and because the offline download went away at some time in the mid-late 2000s, and the current mirrors/download/archived versions are from around that time, I felt like it was a good time to make a complete mirror.

The data for these was collected via the API both of these have available, so it's based on the currently published versions, rather than the old dumps. It's available as a collection of YAML files at https://github.com/unreal-archive/unrea ... data-wikis, which includes the MediaWiki rendered HTML as well as the original wikitext and various bits of metadata for each page. The intent with this is to make it easier to work with and/or "remix" or publish in different formats.

It's possible to build your own offline version, and I'll update the Mirroring Guide to include that information.

There may be some oddities in the layout or presentation of some pages, but the sources also included a bunch of custom styling and HTML at times. Also they're very table-heavy layouts.

I'll be working on search as well.
ShrimpWorks
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

I will like this.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

I can't raise this as an issue on GitHub as there is no link but have a look at this page https://unrealarchive.org/patches-updat ... index.html - the two links at the bottom of the page resolve to an UnrealArchive NOT FOUND page.

Another thing I have noticed : Map Packs -> Unreal here Capture The Flag appears twice (once as shown here and once with 'the' rather than 'The').
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Recently I searched for files containing "{" (like "MH-Beginning_{HoF}" or "MH-BunchOfHP{Endfixed}" - it gave no results and even the line "No results matching your search" didn't appear.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I just noticed that 3 maps of mine are missing ...they are on mapraider and one fixed version on Mediafire.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Barbie wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:07 pm Recently I searched for files containing "{" (like "MH-Beginning_{HoF}" or "MH-BunchOfHP{Endfixed}" - it gave no results and even the line "No results matching your search" didn't appear.
Yea. With search there often issues.
https://unrealarchive.org/search/index.html?q=Face2
https://unrealarchive.org/search/index.html?q=Face2face
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

papercoffee wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:28 pm I just noticed that 3 maps of mine are missing ...they are on mapraider and one fixed version on Mediafire.
Fixed it :mrgreen:
Auto merged new post submitted 10 hours 15 minutes later

Shrimp wrote: ...
I just noticed that in my three uploaded maps was my artist nick mentioned instead of my gamer name.
Can this be fixed?
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

papercoffee wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:10 am
papercoffee wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:28 pm I just noticed that 3 maps of mine are missing ...they are on mapraider and one fixed version on Mediafire.
Fixed it :mrgreen:
Auto merged new post submitted 10 hours 15 minutes later

Shrimp wrote: ...
I just noticed that in my three uploaded maps was my artist nick mentioned instead of my gamer name.
Can this be fixed?
Need to remember to do more of those author merging txt files
Attachments
papercoffee.txt
(18 Bytes) Downloaded 9 times
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

What that?
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Just a txt file which combines multiple author names into one. So say if the author used multiple names or mistyped it in a map, it can be labeled into one.
Explained in this post: viewtopic.php?p=127539#p127539

And they go here:
https://github.com/unreal-archive/unrea ... er/authors