UnrealArchive.org

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
Shrimp
Adept

Re: UnrealArchive.org

Post by Shrimp »

I've spent the last couple of weeks moving all storage from B2 host f002.backblazeb2.com to their new S3 compatible storage, as it simplifies and consolidates some of the mirroring/backend store implementation.

If you have permalinks for whatever reason to the above host, they will become invalid imminently.

With this move completed, I'll try to get submissions back online soon.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

I recently uploaded some maps and I'm really missing the processing result… Was the file accepted? :???: If not, what was the reason for rejecting?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Virgile
Average

Post by Virgile »

I had also tried, several weeks ago, to send files that had become untraceable or unknown because they came from the French community that didn't put anything online, but they were never found on the site, so I really wondered if the upload system was functional. x)
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Most I know right now is the latest post here and this:
https://github.com/unreal-archive/unrea ... ssues/2791 (There were uploads during this time though so not sure if that github issue is still relevant.)

Yea sucks it doesn't tell weather the uploads are on but I'm just super grateful we have this site in the first place :) Worst case I can upload stuff I found on Google Drive for the time being.
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Sorry guys, as per my last post above, uploads are still down.

I'm still working on some backend changes, and have been actively working on the uploads.

I'll post here once it's back.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

Barbie wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:37 am I recently uploaded some maps and I'm really missing the processing result… Was the file accepted? :???: If not, what was the reason for rejecting?
Procesing result with percentage and indication will do the trick when uploading a file indeed.And also when the file is done uploading.
That programming is another thing.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

I want bulk download all maps for one game type. In this case CTF. 6345 maps. How I can done that?
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Hmm, the local download functionality doesn't let you filter by game or type, so you can't really do that at the moment.

That's a good idea though, let me see if I can make that a function.
ShrimpWorks
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

Shrimp wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:32 pm Hmm, the local download functionality doesn't let you filter by game or type, so you can't really do that at the moment.

That's a good idea though, let me see if I can make that a function.
Hey @Shrimp I have a suggestion, when navigating in some download section from unrealarchive (Example ctf gallery maps for ut99) Could you add some filtering technique to know if the map/s has preview photos, if it has dependencies or if it has support for playing against bots. I don't know, you could do something like what I have done in this picture (it's an idea, you could try to put it somewhere in the map gallery or content, it's highlighted in red circle (see attached picture).

The reason is Im "discovering" maps that does not have screenshots attached to it, and a bunch of maps due to the unattractiveness of downloading maps without a preview of what the content looks like, the possibility of finding good pieces and adding them to the collection is lost (for the final user). Besides going faster in the search according to the search criteria chosen. I have put as idea in the text box values like yes/no/show all.

Thanks for your time in keepin alive ut series .)
Attachments
Untitled-1.png
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Here is a new tool. uMOD Converter.

https://unrealarchive.org/umod/

This allows you to upload a zip archive or umod file, and it will convert it to a plain zip file.

I find this handy to avoid digging out extra tools and things.

The files you upload aren't added to the index and aren't stored. The download links will also expire after a few hours.

Have fun!
ShrimpWorks
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Masterserver master-de.unrealarchive.org not work.

Code: Select all

array (
  'master.333networks.com:28900' => 'IPs: 626, unique: 585, time: 0.28949999809265',
  'master.hlkclan.net:28900' => 'fail',
  'master.oldunreal.com:28900' => 'IPs: 585, unique: 585, time: 0.20450019836426',
  'master.errorist.eu:28900' => 'IPs: 585, unique: 585, time: 0.2979998588562',
  'master.hypercoop.tk:28900' => 'IPs: 91, unique: 91, time: 0.43900012969971',
  'master.openspy.net:28900' => 'IPs: 286, unique: 286, time: 0.67549991607666',
  'master.gonespy.com:28900' => 'IPs: 286, unique: 286, time: 0.84299993515015',
  'master.telefragged.com:28900' => 'fail',
  'master.qtracker.com:28900' => 'fail',
  'master.newbiesplayground.net:28900' => 'IPs: 585, unique: 585, time: 0.20350003242493',
  'master2.oldunreal.com:28900' => 'fail',
  'master-uk.unrealarchive.org:28900' => 'IPs: 584, unique: 584, time: 0.50850009918213',
  'master-de.unrealarchive.org:28900' => 'fail',
  'master.frag-net.com:28900' => 'IPs: 2, unique: 2, time: 0.70250010490417',
)
Shrimp
Adept

Post by Shrimp »

Whoops - fixed. I was doing server maintenance.
ShrimpWorks
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

The UMOD converter is Handy! Any chance for .uz support on that tool as well (or a new tool for those)? Plenty of files around that have only survived as a .uz file now and it's a bit of a pain to decompress them with ucc.exe as afaik the only option.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

You can use UZ tool: https://github.com/SeriousBuggie/UZ/releases/latest
Make cmd file, which pass all parameters to "uz decompress", assign this cmd as default handler for uz.
After that on dbl click on uz file, it unpack near.
I use it in this way.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

This map:
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 6f30a.html

Yes obviously the screenshot isn't from that map but the TEXT on the screenshot is what happened when I tried switching to DM-BrickDust.

What's missing?
Attachments
Shot0028.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758