"hidden" player classes (models), available or unusable ones

Discussions about UT99

Re: "hidden" player classes (models), available or unusable

Postby gattovicentino » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:42 pm

Dr.Flay wrote:The examples I gave need you to have that model package, except for the Fly which is a default pawn so should work for you.
The models should have an int file already, so just add the missing line and copy the package info to the new line.

At the moment I can't get it to work, because I could not find those models (Rebkrall and DeathMatchTitan) with their .int files... and the Fly didn't work too (another model appears in game), I'll need time to understand what is wrong and what to do exactly.

OjitroC wrote:Perhaps you should forget about the Spatial Fear bot - I tried playing as the SFJaelPlayer1 and the model/skin are fine - however when the Player is killed the game hangs as UT seems to be looking to run code from Spatial Fear to do with the player's death. I assume the same would happen if you use the Bot.

Yes, I saw that - I don't know what the Reconizer bot looks like so thought that might fit it somehow.

PS - when you try these bots and they don't work, do you look in the UT.log as you may well find a clue there as to why they don't work?

I think you're right about Spatial Fear.
About the UT log, a bit confused, but I couldn't find any interesting about these specific issues.
I'll try Utron Recognizer later.
EDIT: The recognizer... I don't think it's the correct one, but there are only colored rectangles in its textures :D
Shot0033.jpg
gattovicentino
Average

Location: Vicenza (Veneto - Italia) / Santa Catarina (Brasil)

Postby OjitroC » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:13 pm

gattovicentino wrote: At the moment I can't get it to work, because I could not find those models (Rebkrall and DeathMatchTitan) with their .int files... and the Fly didn't work too
It doesn't work for me in UT or in Unreal. Even if it did, the ones you mention here aren't weapon holders and don't have team colours, apart from anything else. By the way, the RebKrall doesn't come with an .int file - don't know about the DMT as I don't have it (well, at least that version of it - I do have the UTDMT).

gattovicentino wrote: I'll try Utron Recognizer later.
That won't work as it is a ScriptedPawn not a bot, despite being called RecognizerBot.
OjitroC
Godlike

Postby gattovicentino » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:23 pm

OjitroC wrote: It doesn't work for me in UT or in Unreal. Even if it did, the ones you mention here aren't weapon holders and don't have team colours, apart from anything else. By the way, the RebKrall doesn't come with an .int file - don't know about the DMT as I don't have it (well, at least that version of it - I do have the UTDMT).

That won't work as it is a ScriptedPawn not a bot, despite being called RecognizerBot.

It seems to be correct... So, summarizing, at the moment the working stuff of this discussion:

- Infiltration Male Commando (the other Infiltration models contained in Infiltration 2.75 seems to be clones of default UT ones, nothing new in them)
- Utron FlynnBot
- Utron TronBot
- Utron SarkBot
- Utron GuardBot
gattovicentino
Average

Postby OjitroC » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:09 am

Yes, that's about it. Have you tried Defence Alliance or Strike Force - the former has some unusual bots (a Brute for example) and the latter may have something as the standard UT commando mesh isn't used (at least for some of the pawns).
OjitroC
Godlike

Postby gattovicentino » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:31 am

OjitroC wrote:Yes, that's about it. Have you tried Defence Alliance or Strike Force - the former has some unusual bots (a Brute for example) and the latter may have something as the standard UT commando mesh isn't used (at least for some of the pawns).

I know Strike Force but I have yet to try Defence Alliance. Tomorrow I will install it, I'm curious :)

EDIT:

I installed Defence Alliance, it's interesting... and I'm trying to understand if I can use some stuff of Defence Alliance in normal UT.

About Strike Force, I tried to import its weapons to Stuffswapper (this is the only way I found to use its weapons in normal UT) but it doesn't seem to work very well.
The models/skins of Strike Force work as bots in normal UT, but seem to be "stupid" (SF.SFMaleBot remains motionless until someone shoots him).
gattovicentino
Average

Previous

Return to General Discussions