"hidden" player classes (models), available or unusable ones

Discussions about UT99
browndl
Skilled

Re: "hidden" player classes (models), available or unusable

Post by browndl »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:30 pm
browndl wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:09 pm
OjitroC wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:02 pm No, Infiltration bots won't work in UT - as you've probably seen they are a subclass of INF_Core.u and so only work in the Infiltration gametype.
Did you play Infiltration back in the day? I miss those days.
Not very much at all TBH - same with TacticalOps, just a bit. Used the stripped-back Infiltration 2.75 for a while but mostly stuck to using RL weapon mods in UT, hence my settling on using Counter Strike weapons most of the time (though I have AgentX/Covert Forces/Combat Zone/Defence Alliance 'stuff' in my StuffSwapper configs). Spend a bit of time 'converting' maps from those mods to vanilla UT, especially where there aren't versions in UT.

Came across one of your INF maps the other day - can't remember the name - it was a large building, a Clan HQ. You should put a list of your maps in a readme sometime, would be interesting to have a look at the ones I'm not familiar with.
I will have to do that, if I can remember them lol.
UT99 DM-DSKilnWorks3993:DM-DSWashNDry:DM-DSRedDawn:DM-DSBacktoSchool:DM-DSTowerBridge:DM-DSDeadeyeCanyon:DM-DSSectionn8Refinery:DM-DeckardsRevenge:DM-DSStudio:DM-SniperTown:DM-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-Wastelands:DM-TurboGen23:DM-LongForgotten:DOM-Dockside:CTF-enMakhana:CTF-UrbanSniper:CTF-CanyonWars:CTF-DSTowerBridge Unreal Badlands CiderTown UT99 Infiltration DM-INF-MagnumDocksDeluxe:DM-INF-MagnumDocks2:DM-INF-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-INF-CityStorageLotA][:DM-INF-ColumbianDrugLord:EAS-INF-DS-RailBridge:DM-INF-ACityBlock:CTF-INF-SavageKillersHeadQuarters:CTF-INF-Capital:CTF-INF-ComplexB UT2003/04 DM-PineValley:DM-Koltoff:CTF-PawnsKeep:CTF-Ardimus Rainbow Six RavenShield AlleyStrike
Nakron
Novice

Post by Nakron »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:57 pm
Nakron wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:45 am Thanks for all the info, i downloaded the UTPT i am giving a try and now i understand now why you say "It takes a while if you add a lot of weapons" because there's tons of stuff for you to go through its not separated in alphebetical order so you waste a lot of time it's a torture to find the stuff you want inside this mess :facepalm:

so now talking about UTPT you said "find the weapons and ammo, make a note of their names (packagename.weaponclassname) and then add them to StuffSwapperItems.ini in the appropriate place(s)", so in this case for example the "SFB9Pistol" would be the package name? and "SpatialFear.SFWeapon" would be the weaponclassname? i kinda confused in this so if you can clear my mind it would be appreciated.

also how you properly put these packagename and weaponclassname line of codes inside the stuffswapper.ini?

anyways maybe i will give it a try, if you still have this file of stuffswapper.ini with the spatialfear and nightsedge weapons you mentioned and could send it here to me to download? it would be very appreciated if is not ask too much, many thanks.
Yes, I should have given a fuller reply setting out in detail how to do all that - so apologies for that. I will come back and add to this post later today or tomorrow.   

So here we are - a more detailed explanation :
Nakron wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:45 am so now talking about UTPT you said "find the weapons and ammo, make a note of their names (packagename.weaponclassname) and then add them to StuffSwapperItems.ini in the appropriate place(s)", so in this case for example the "SFB9Pistol" would be the package name? and "SpatialFear.SFWeapon" would be the weaponclassname? i kinda confused in this so if you can clear my mind it would be appreciated ...

...also how you properly put these packagename and weaponclassname line of codes inside the stuffswapper.ini?
OK - before directly answering the questions, I would suggest that you read through the StuffSwapper documentation if you haven't done so before or if it was some time ago when you last did so - this will/should help to clarify some things.

Right, so on to the details.

You will have noticed that the StuffSwapperitems.ini has 3 Sections (or Pages), namely WeaponPage, AmmoPage and PickupPage with a numbered list of weapons, ammo and pickups respectively in each Section.

The entries in the WeaponPage are set out in this way

Code: Select all

[StuffSwapper.StuffSwapperWeaponPage]
Weapon[0]=MOD:Uweaponway2k4 DES:assaultrifle STR:Uweaponway2k4.assaultrifle AMO:Botpack.EClip
where
MOD is the name you want to give to the weapon mod (or collection of weapons) - so if you want to group Spatial Fear weapons together you put MOD:Spatial Fear;
DES is the name of the weapon - again this is for you to fill in and for the SFB9Pistol you could put SFB9Pistol or B-9 Disruptor Pistol (the name given to it in Spatial Fear);
STR is the packagename.classname of the weapon - so for the SFB9Pistol this would be STR:SFWeapon.SFB9Pistol. For all of the weapons in Spatial Fear, SFWeapon is the package name as they are contained in SFWeapon.u (the package or file);
AMO is the packagename.classname of the ammo the weapon uses - for the SFB9Pistol this would be SFWeapon.SFB9Ammo.

Just to clarify, you add the weapon packagename and classname (plus the ammo and pickups, if any) to the StuffSwapperItems.ini, not the StuffSwapper.ini.

To add the Spatial Fear weapons to the StuffSwapperItems.ini, open it up in a plain text reader (I have a Mac and my text reader/writer is called TextEdit, I can't remember now what it is called in Windows).

Go to the end of the numbered list under the heading [StuffSwapper.StuffSwapperWeaponPage] - the last weapon in mine is
Weapon[307]=MOD:Steele Dawn DES:SD AutoMag STR:SteeleDawnPak.SDAutoMag AMO:none

so if I were adding the SFB9Pistol, I would type in
Weapon[308]=MOD:Spatial Fear DES:SFB9Pistol STR:SFWeapon.SFB9Pistol AMO:SFWeapon.SFB9Ammo

It is important that (a) you number each new weapon consecutively so there is no gap in the numbering - so here the weapon after Weapon[308] would be Weapon[309] and so on; and (b) there are no typos and no additional spaces - the spacing between words/characters for STR and AMO must be as in the example but that you can have additional spaces in MOD and in DES.

Nakron wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:45 am Thanks for all the info, i downloaded the UTPT i am giving a try and now i understand now why you say "It takes a while if you add a lot of weapons" because there's tons of stuff for you to go through its not separated in alphebetical order so you waste a lot of time it's a torture to find the stuff you want inside this mess :facepalm:
OK on to UTPT.

But before we get there ... one way to make searching for info on the weapons and ammo easier is to look through all the documentation for the mod as you may find a list of the weapon names as their appear in their package (.u file). Also look through any .int file (to be found in your /System folder or a folder for the mod) that there may be for the mod - so for Spatial Fear, if we look in SpatialFear.int we find the following list

Object=(Name=SFWeapon.SFPrybar,Class=Class,MetaClass=SpatialFear.SFWeapon,Description="Prybar")
Object=(Name=SFWeapon.SFHardWave,Class=Class,MetaClass=SpatialFear.SFWeapon,Description="Hard Wave Rifle")
Object=(Name=SFWeapon.SFB9Pistol,Class=Class,MetaClass=SpatialFear.SFWeapon,Description="B9 Pistol")
Object=(Name=SFWeapon.SFB9Rifle,Class=Class,MetaClass=SpatialFear.SFWeapon,Description="B9 Rifle")
Object=(Name=SFWeapon.SFGrenadeLauncher,Class=Class,MetaClass=SpatialFear.SFWeapon,Description="Grenade Launcher")
Object=(Name=SFWeapon.SFUSRifle,Class=Class,MetaClass=SpatialFear.SFWeapon,Description="Ultra Sonic Rifle")
Object=(Name=SFWeapon.SFRapidEddy,Class=Class,MetaClass=SpatialFear.SFWeapon,Description="Rapid Eddy")
Object=(Name=SFWeapon.SFEProj,Class=Class,MetaClass=SpatialFear.SFWeapon,Description="Electric Projector")
So from this we know the STR for each weapon (for the Prybar, this is SFWeapon.SFPrybar and we know what we can call the weapon so we know what to put in DES.

OK onto UTPT

Open up UTPT -> open SFWeapon.u -> go to the tab ExportTree (this sets out everything that is in SFWeapon.u, including classes/code, textures, meshes, sounds, etc) -> left mouse click on one of the bold headings, like GLauncher, to highlight it and then right mouse click to bring up a context menu -> in that menu, click on Full collapse and this will compress the list to classes (plus lod meshes, etc but we are not concerned with those) -> if the list of classes, etc is not in alphabetical order, click on Name at the top left and this should sort it - if it is in reverse alphabetical order, click again on Name and this will sort the list in descending alphabetical order.

Now you can go through the list, looking for weapons. You should see a column headed Super and in this column against weapons you will see SpatialFear.SFWeapon. Look for these.

The first is weapon is SFAlien but let's have a closer look at SFB9Pistol. Find that -> left mouse click on SFB9Pistol to highlight it -> right click to bring up the context menu -> look for and click on View object properties -> this will open a list of properties on the righthand side of the window -> click on Name at the top of the window to sort it in alphabetical order.

We already know the weapon packagename.classname (SFWeapon.SFB9Pistol) so we now need the ammo name. Look down the list of properties and you will see AmmoName and against that to the right you will see a number followed by Class SFB9Ammo - this gives us the name of the ammo and we can ignore Class so the ammo name is SFB9Ammo.

Go through the rest of the classes on the left of the screen, looking for weapons and for the name of their ammo.

You can enter the information about the weapon and the ammo into StuffSwapperItems.ini directly as you find each one or you can make a separate list of weapon name and ammo name and add them to the ini later.

Nakron wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:45 am anyways maybe i will give it a try, if you still have this file of stuffswapper.ini with the spatialfear and nightsedge weapons you mentioned and could send it here to me to download? it would be very appreciated if is not ask too much, many thanks.
I don't have Spatial Fear weapons in my StuffSwapperitems.ini (well, there are a couple but they are not grouped under the mod name Spatial Fear for a reason I no longer remember) - however these are the Nights Edge entries

Weapon[197]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:MP5K STR:NightsEdge.UT_MP5K Amo:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo9mm
Weapon[198]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:Sako TRG22 STR:NightsEdge.UT_SakoTRG22 Amo:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo762mm
Weapon[199]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:CyTek Laser Rifle STR:NightsEdge.UT_CyTekLaserRifle amo:NightsEdge.UT_AmmoPowerCell
Weapon[200]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:Ithaca M37 Stakeout STR:NightsEdge.UT_IthacaM37 amo:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo12gauge
Weapon[201]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:Heckler & Koch Pistol STR:NightsEdge.UT_SOCOM amo:amo:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo45ACP
Weapon[202]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:TAR-21 Rifle STR:NightsEdge.UT_TAR21 amo:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo556mm
Weapon[203]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:HK UMP45 SubMG STR:NightsEdge.UT_UMP45 amo:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo45ACP
Weapon[204]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:Vektor CP-1 Pistol STR:NightsEdge.UT_VektorCP1 amo:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo9mm
Weapon[205]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:M17 Laser Pistol STR:NightsEdge.UT_Vortex17 amo:NightsEdge.UT_AmmoPowerCell

Ammo[128]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:9mm Ammo STR:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo9mm
Ammo[129]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:762mm Ammo STR:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo762mm
Ammo[130]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:Power Cell STR:NightsEdge.UT_AmmoPowerCell
Ammo[131]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:Shotgun Shells STR:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo12gauge
Ammo[132]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:45ACP Ammo STR:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo45ACP
Ammo[133]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:Rifle 556mm ammo STR:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo556mm
If you use these, then you need to change the Weapon[ ] and Ammo[ ] numbers.

I hope that this explains everything clearly but if not, come back to me if you have any questions or need further info.

Yes many thanks. That's all, now i undersntad how it works, you cleared my mind.

I will add these weapons to my .ini and see how it works.

:gj:   
Auto merged new post submitted 45 minutes later
OjitroC wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:57 pm

so now talking about UTPT you said "find the weapons and ammo, make a note of their names (packagename.weaponclassname) and then add them to StuffSwapperItems.ini in the appropriate place(s)", so in this case for example the "SFB9Pistol" would be the package name? and "SpatialFear.SFWeapon" would be the weaponclassname? i kinda confused in this so if you can clear my mind it would be appreciated.

also how you properly put these packagename and weaponclassname line of codes inside the stuffswapper.ini?

anyways maybe i will give it a try, if you still have this file of stuffswapper.ini with the spatialfear and nightsedge weapons you mentioned and could send it here to me to download? it would be very appreciated if is not ask too much, many thanks.
Yes, I should have given a fuller reply setting out in detail how to do all that - so apologies for that. I will come back and add to this post later today or tomorrow.   

So here we are - a more detailed explanation :
Nakron wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:45 am so now talking about UTPT you said "find the weapons and ammo, make a note of their names (packagename.weaponclassname) and then add them to StuffSwapperItems.ini in the appropriate place(s)", so in this case for example the "SFB9Pistol" would be the package name? and "SpatialFear.SFWeapon" would be the weaponclassname? i kinda confused in this so if you can clear my mind it would be appreciated ...

...also how you properly put these packagename and weaponclassname line of codes inside the stuffswapper.ini?
OK - before directly answering the questions, I would suggest that you read through the StuffSwapper documentation if you haven't done so before or if it was some time ago when you last did so - this will/should help to clarify some things.

Right, so on to the details.

You will have noticed that the StuffSwapperitems.ini has 3 Sections (or Pages), namely WeaponPage, AmmoPage and PickupPage with a numbered list of weapons, ammo and pickups respectively in each Section.

The entries in the WeaponPage are set out in this way

Weapon[0]=MOD:Uweaponway2k4 DES:assaultrifle STR:Uweaponway2k4.assaultrifle AMO:Botpack.EClip
where
MOD is the name you want to give to the weapon mod (or collection of weapons) - so if you want to group Spatial Fear weapons together you put MOD:Spatial Fear;
DES is the name of the weapon - again this is for you to fill in and for the SFB9Pistol you could put SFB9Pistol or B-9 Disruptor Pistol (the name given to it in Spatial Fear);
STR is the packagename.classname of the weapon - so for the SFB9Pistol this would be STR:SFWeapon.SFB9Pistol. For all of the weapons in Spatial Fear, SFWeapon is the package name as they are contained in SFWeapon.u (the package or file);
AMO is the packagename.classname of the ammo the weapon uses - for the SFB9Pistol this would be SFWeapon.SFB9Ammo.

Just to clarify, you add the weapon packagename and classname (plus the ammo and pickups, if any) to the StuffSwapperItems.ini, not the StuffSwapper.ini.

To add the Spatial Fear weapons to the StuffSwapperItems.ini, open it up in a plain text reader (I have a Mac and my text reader/writer is called TextEdit, I can't remember now what it is called in Windows).

Go to the end of the numbered list under the heading [StuffSwapper.StuffSwapperWeaponPage] - the last weapon in mine is
Weapon[307]=MOD:Steele Dawn DES:SD AutoMag STR:SteeleDawnPak.SDAutoMag AMO:none

so if I were adding the SFB9Pistol, I would type in
Weapon[308]=MOD:Spatial Fear DES:SFB9Pistol STR:SFWeapon.SFB9Pistol AMO:SFWeapon.SFB9Ammo

It is important that (a) you number each new weapon consecutively so there is no gap in the numbering - so here the weapon after Weapon[308] would be Weapon[309] and so on; and (b) there are no typos and no additional spaces - the spacing between words/characters for STR and AMO must be as in the example but that you can have additional spaces in MOD and in DES.

OK on to UTPT.

But before we get there ... one way to make searching for info on the weapons and ammo easier is to look through all the documentation for the mod as you may find a list of the weapon names as their appear in their package (.u file). Also look through any .int file (to be found in your /System folder or a folder for the mod) that there may be for the mod - so for Spatial Fear, if we look in SpatialFear.int we find the following list

Object=(Name=SFWeapon.SFPrybar,Class=Class,MetaClass=SpatialFear.SFWeapon,Description="Prybar")
Object=(Name=SFWeapon.SFHardWave,Class=Class,MetaClass=SpatialFear.SFWeapon,Description="Hard Wave Rifle")
Object=(Name=SFWeapon.SFB9Pistol,Class=Class,MetaClass=SpatialFear.SFWeapon,Description="B9 Pistol")
Object=(Name=SFWeapon.SFB9Rifle,Class=Class,MetaClass=SpatialFear.SFWeapon,Description="B9 Rifle")
Object=(Name=SFWeapon.SFGrenadeLauncher,Class=Class,MetaClass=SpatialFear.SFWeapon,Description="Grenade Launcher")
Object=(Name=SFWeapon.SFUSRifle,Class=Class,MetaClass=SpatialFear.SFWeapon,Description="Ultra Sonic Rifle")
Object=(Name=SFWeapon.SFRapidEddy,Class=Class,MetaClass=SpatialFear.SFWeapon,Description="Rapid Eddy")
Object=(Name=SFWeapon.SFEProj,Class=Class,MetaClass=SpatialFear.SFWeapon,Description="Electric Projector")
So from this we know the STR for each weapon (for the Prybar, this is SFWeapon.SFPrybar and we know what we can call the weapon so we know what to put in DES.

OK onto UTPT

Open up UTPT -> open SFWeapon.u -> go to the tab ExportTree (this sets out everything that is in SFWeapon.u, including classes/code, textures, meshes, sounds, etc) -> left mouse click on one of the bold headings, like GLauncher, to highlight it and then right mouse click to bring up a context menu -> in that menu, click on Full collapse and this will compress the list to classes (plus lod meshes, etc but we are not concerned with those) -> if the list of classes, etc is not in alphabetical order, click on Name at the top left and this should sort it - if it is in reverse alphabetical order, click again on Name and this will sort the list in descending alphabetical order.

Now you can go through the list, looking for weapons. You should see a column headed Super and in this column against weapons you will see SpatialFear.SFWeapon. Look for these.

The first is weapon is SFAlien but let's have a closer look at SFB9Pistol. Find that -> left mouse click on SFB9Pistol to highlight it -> right click to bring up the context menu -> look for and click on View object properties -> this will open a list of properties on the righthand side of the window -> click on Name at the top of the window to sort it in alphabetical order.

We already know the weapon packagename.classname (SFWeapon.SFB9Pistol) so we now need the ammo name. Look down the list of properties and you will see AmmoName and against that to the right you will see a number followed by Class SFB9Ammo - this gives us the name of the ammo and we can ignore Class so the ammo name is SFB9Ammo.

Go through the rest of the classes on the left of the screen, looking for weapons and for the name of their ammo.

You can enter the information about the weapon and the ammo into StuffSwapperItems.ini directly as you find each one or you can make a separate list of weapon name and ammo name and add them to the ini later.

Nakron wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:45 am anyways maybe i will give it a try, if you still have this file of stuffswapper.ini with the spatialfear and nightsedge weapons you mentioned and could send it here to me to download? it would be very appreciated if is not ask too much, many thanks.
I don't have Spatial Fear weapons in my StuffSwapperitems.ini (well, there are a couple but they are not grouped under the mod name Spatial Fear for a reason I no longer remember) - however these are the Nights Edge entries

Weapon[197]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:MP5K STR:NightsEdge.UT_MP5K Amo:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo9mm
Weapon[198]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:Sako TRG22 STR:NightsEdge.UT_SakoTRG22 Amo:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo762mm
Weapon[199]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:CyTek Laser Rifle STR:NightsEdge.UT_CyTekLaserRifle amo:NightsEdge.UT_AmmoPowerCell
Weapon[200]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:Ithaca M37 Stakeout STR:NightsEdge.UT_IthacaM37 amo:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo12gauge
Weapon[201]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:Heckler & Koch Pistol STR:NightsEdge.UT_SOCOM amo:amo:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo45ACP
Weapon[202]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:TAR-21 Rifle STR:NightsEdge.UT_TAR21 amo:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo556mm
Weapon[203]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:HK UMP45 SubMG STR:NightsEdge.UT_UMP45 amo:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo45ACP
Weapon[204]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:Vektor CP-1 Pistol STR:NightsEdge.UT_VektorCP1 amo:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo9mm
Weapon[205]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:M17 Laser Pistol STR:NightsEdge.UT_Vortex17 amo:NightsEdge.UT_AmmoPowerCell

Ammo[128]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:9mm Ammo STR:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo9mm
Ammo[129]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:762mm Ammo STR:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo762mm
Ammo[130]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:Power Cell STR:NightsEdge.UT_AmmoPowerCell
Ammo[131]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:Shotgun Shells STR:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo12gauge
Ammo[132]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:45ACP Ammo STR:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo45ACP
Ammo[133]=MOD:Night's Edge DES:Rifle 556mm ammo STR:NightsEdge.UT_Ammo556mm
If you use these, then you need to change the Weapon[ ] and Ammo[ ] numbers.

I hope that this explains everything clearly but if not, come back to me if you have any questions or need further info.

So i just tried and tested here with my personal .ini and i did as you said i added the codes to StuffSwapperItems.ini only like this:

Weapon[339]=MOD:Spatial Fear DES:SFB9Pistol STR:SFWeapon.SFB9Pistol AMO:SFWeapon.SFB9Ammo

[StuffSwapper.StuffSwapperAmmoPage]

Ammo[218]=MOD:Spatial Fear DES:SFB9Pistol Ammo STR:SFWeapon.SFB9Ammo

and then i added the SFB9Pistol to replace the UT enforcer but it doesn't work the name of the mod and weapon names appears in the stuffswapper menu but when i start the game the weapon doesn't appear i tried to summon manually using the console command and still nothing i got into the Spatial Fear folder and got the SFWeapon.u, SFTechPack1.utx and SPF-Weapon.uax and added inside the UT folder in the respective folders textures, system and sound i added these there because of their names so i thought its the right ones that might have the SF weapon stuff inside to work i did all of this and still don't work i missed something maybe? :what:

obs: i didn't put all the .utx files inside the UT texture folder because of the names that don't give a hint which one would be the SFWeapons textures inside. so i added this SFTechPack1.utx only might be the wrong one i don't know. :???:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Nakron wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:12 am ... when i start the game the weapon doesn't appear i tried to summon manually using the console command and still nothing i got into the Spatial Fear folder and got the SFWeapon.u, SFTechPack1.utx and SPF-Weapon.uax and added inside the UT folder in the respective folders textures, system and sound i added these there because of their names so i thought its the right ones that might have the SF weapon stuff inside to work i did all of this and still don't work i missed something maybe? :what:

obs: i didn't put all the .utx files inside the UT texture folder because of the names that don't give a hint which one would be the SFWeapons textures inside. so i added this SFTechPack1.utx only might be the wrong one i don't know. :???:
If your Spatial Fear files are in a separate folder(s) then you need to either
(a) include the paths to those folders in your UnrealTournament.ini - under [Core.System] - add Paths=../ to all the SF folders; or
(b) put all the Spatial Fear files in their respective Unreal Tournament folders.

I have put the SF files in my UT folders and so everything works OK.

If you open SFWeapon.u in UTPT and look at the ImportTree tab, you will see the files that are required to run SFWeapons - there are 5 but probably those files require other SF packages to run. Hence it is best to have all the SF files on the UT path or in your UT folders.

A Hopefully Helpful Hint - it makes it easier for people to read the thread if you just quote part of a previous post in your reply rather than the whole thing especially when the post you are quoting is a very long one :tu:
Nakron
Novice

Post by Nakron »

OjitroC wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:10 am
(a) include the paths to those folders in your UnrealTournament.ini - under [Core.System] - add Paths=../ to all the SF folders; or
(b) put all the Spatial Fear files in their respective Unreal Tournament folders.

If you open SFWeapon.u in UTPT and look at the ImportTree tab, you will see the files that are required to run SFWeapons - there are 5 but probably those files require other SF packages to run. Hence it is best to have all the SF files on the UT path or in your UT folders.

A Hopefully Helpful Hint - it makes it easier for people to read the thread if you just quote part of a previous post in your reply rather than the whole thing especially when the post you are quoting is a very long one :tu:

Thanks for the help again, i had a wild guess that i needed to put more files inside the UT folders to SF weapons work because of the dependencies but wanted to know the way you do it just to make sure since you have more experience with this, so i will do as you said and test it out to see if works now. :agree1:

Sorry about the very long quotes, it's been a while since last time i used a forum like this so i kinda rusty to communicate efficiently in this way. :noidea   
Auto merged new post submitted 2 hours 36 minutes later
OjitroC wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:10 am

So i did all what you told me to do i added all the files from SF folder to the respective UT folders, music,textures,sounds,system,and i got all the SpatialFear Weapons working now, but still there's one small problem when the bots take the SpatialFear weapons in the map and start using after a few moments the game crashes. so i will put the screenshot of the error here and see if you can detect the root of the problem so that i can fix it.

obs: it happens only with the SFWeapons the others i use works fine, if i use the SF weapons in the match the game doesn't crash only the bots.
Attachments
uterror1.png
uterror1.png (9.54 KiB) Viewed 247 times
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Nakron wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:40 am So i did all what you told me to do i added all the files from SF folder to the respective UT folders, music,textures,sounds,system,and i got all the SpatialFear Weapons working now, but still there's one small problem when the bots take the SpatialFear weapons in the map and start using after a few moments the game crashes. so i will put the screenshot of the error here and see if you can detect the root of the problem so that i can fix it.

obs: it happens only with the SFWeapons the others i use works fine, if i use the SF weapons in the match the game doesn't crash only the bots.
Does this happen with all the weapons or just the SFEProj?

Did you look in the log to see what kinds of errors/warnings you get when using the weapons in a game?

Are you using UT 469d?

I'm not an expert on code - it is possible (likely?) that there is an error in the code of one or more functions in the SFWeapon class related to the holding/use of the weapon by bots. I suspect that this is the case and this means that the error can not be fixed other than by rewriting the relevant code.

I can't remember now what happened when I put SF weapons in StuffSwapper. I see I only have the Grenade Launcher and B9 Rifle and this may be because the others caused crashes - this does happen from time to time with weapons from mods - my solution then and now is simply not to use them - the basic point is that not all weapons made for particular mods work well in vanilla UT (for example, I have come across some that will fire until their ammo is exhausted and then will not reload/pick up further ammo - other weapons may just spam loads of log errors as they were not coded to be used by bots or by ScriptedPawns).

I'm afraid I can't really help you with the crashes - sorry about that.
Nakron
Novice

Post by Nakron »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:45 pm
Does this happen with all the weapons or just the SFEProj?

Did you look in the log to see what kinds of errors/warnings you get when using the weapons in a game?

Are you using UT 469d?

I'm not an expert on code - it is possible (likely?) that there is an error in the code of one or more functions in the SFWeapon class related to the holding/use of the weapon by bots. I suspect that this is the case and this means that the error can not be fixed other than by rewriting the relevant code.

I can't remember now what happened when I put SF weapons in StuffSwapper. I see I only have the Grenade Launcher and B9 Rifle and this may be because the others caused crashes - this does happen from time to time with weapons from mods - my solution then and now is simply not to use them - the basic point is that not all weapons made for particular mods work well in vanilla UT (for example, I have come across some that will fire until their ammo is exhausted and then will not reload/pick up further ammo - other weapons may just spam loads of log errors as they were not coded to be used by bots or by ScriptedPawns).

My UT version is 436. Yes it crashes with all weapons except the prybar the melee weapon, but funny thing is that doesn't crash immediately after i start the match it takes a few moments to happen i think you're right unforunately might be related to specific animations that UT models doesn't have when i was spectiating the bots i could see that they take the SF weapons and even shoot it but i think when the game tries to find and play specific animations it crashes because the game can't find the code for it i think that's my guess. :what:
the basic point is that not all weapons made for particular mods work well in vanilla UT (for example, I have come across some that will fire until their ammo is exhausted and then will not reload/pick up further ammo - other weapons may just spam loads of log errors as they were not coded to be used by bots or by ScriptedPawns).
true i know what you mean some times i use weapons from marathon resurrection mod and the ammo count of these weapons doesn't show up in the UT HUD but it works, for me at least this is not bothersome, i can play like that, only thing that is a bit annoying is that the ammopacks come with very low ammo count mainly the shotgun :|

thanks don't worry its ok i don't mind i will move on it's nothing major for me, i will try other stuff. :gj:

but i am amazed when i think no one ever tried to add a mutator with system shock 2 weapons in UT99, not even the player models, that would be cool to play with. 8)
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Nakron wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:36 am My UT version is 436 ...
I wondered if those weapons might work OK in 469.
Nakron wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:36 am ... i am amazed when i think no one ever tried to add a mutator with system shock 2 weapons in UT99, not even the player models, that would be cool to play with. 8)
Certainly haven't come across any System Shock 2 weapons in UT - there are a few maps with System Shock influences - some skins and voices (Shodan in particular) but that's about it AFAIK.
Nakron
Novice

Post by Nakron »

[/quote]
OjitroC wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:33 pm I wondered if those weapons might work OK in 469.
Hmm maybe, i don't know i might try to download 469 later and see if works.

Certainly haven't come across any System Shock 2 weapons in UT - there are a few maps with System Shock influences - some skins and voices (Shodan in particular) but that's about it AFAIK.
Yes, i know. It's a shame no one ever added SS2 weapons to UT99, i have all system shock maps i could find and downloaded to UT99 i really love to play in these maps, it's a shame that the maps don't have enviroment ambient sounds to give more atmosphere but still awesome. (i think only one of them have but there's not much in it) :| :?

speaking of which i will try to find that forum again and see if have any new maps from Systemshock there (though i really doubt it) :what: