loquebot

Discussions about UT99

Re: loquebot

Postby TheDane » Sat May 04, 2019 8:14 pm

JackGriffin wrote:ACE will never be able to uniquely ID someone unless it generates a master list of players and assigns them a whitelisting code. Anth knows this and I suspect it's what stops him from really digging into ACE to fix the few issues that remain.


I haven't used ACE for years as I don't run any servers, but last I used it ACE resolved unrealadmins while running, do we actualy know what this link does/did? It may be that Anth are collecting the catches, thereby obtaining the IP's from those catches, which actualy could be a violation to the GDPR, anyone had that thought but me?
Semi-Retired UT fan(atic).
User avatar
TheDane
Masterful
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:47 pm
Personal rank: *censored*

Re: loquebot

Postby JackGriffin » Sun May 05, 2019 2:44 am

You aren't the first person to ask that. My guess though is that it's much more benign and probably tied to updating it's internal whitelist. Anth isn't a tinkerer-level guy so it's unlikely he would build shady stuff into it without a reason. Gathering IP's is increasingly pointless and the unique identifiers ACE generates aren't far behind. Collecting them doesn't make sense really. I can see ACE reporting back telemetry data so he can know if it's working but whether that data violates the new regulations are anyone's guess.

I didn't run ACE other than to test it but I've often wondered if servers are putting themselves at lawsuit risk by doing so since it scans outside the installation. Is that legal now? I just don't know those answers. It seems to me that in today's world you'd need to declare what data is being transferred pretty openly. If the server is scanning the client outside of the game especially if it reports data back to the server then doesn't that need to be stated? If I'm running my aimbot in a private folder on a distinct drive and ACE can see and report on that but fails to meet the mandatory consumer protection information...I don't know. It would make me a bit nervous now.
"You damn kids, back in my time we made the items, maps and games ourselves with an unwieldy engine using counter-intuitive crash-prone tools and we liked it so much we built communities around this which nowadays look like cults because they're quasi-parallel societies based on the same old games." -Hellkeeper
User avatar
JackGriffin
Godlike
 
Posts: 3751
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:53 pm
Personal rank: Hack coder

Re: loquebot

Postby TheDane » Sun May 05, 2019 11:08 am

JackGriffin wrote:You aren't the first person to ask that. My guess though is that it's much more benign and probably tied to updating it's internal whitelist. Anth isn't a tinkerer-level guy so it's unlikely he would build shady stuff into it without a reason. Gathering IP's is increasingly pointless and the unique identifiers ACE generates aren't far behind. Collecting them doesn't make sense really. I can see ACE reporting back telemetry data so he can know if it's working but whether that data violates the new regulations are anyone's guess.

I didn't run ACE other than to test it but I've often wondered if servers are putting themselves at lawsuit risk by doing so since it scans outside the installation. Is that legal now? I just don't know those answers. It seems to me that in today's world you'd need to declare what data is being transferred pretty openly. If the server is scanning the client outside of the game especially if it reports data back to the server then doesn't that need to be stated? If I'm running my aimbot in a private folder on a distinct drive and ACE can see and report on that but fails to meet the mandatory consumer protection information...I don't know. It would make me a bit nervous now.


The GDPR is pretty complex, however, here's a link to some essential questions: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic ... -rights_da

On EU soil (either gameserver OR player, yes US servers MUST apply to GDPR if they allow access from EU clients) these rules must be followed. Ask Anth directly if he is harvesting IP adresses from players, if he says no, but still does it, he can go to jail if proven - that simple.
Semi-Retired UT fan(atic).
User avatar
TheDane
Masterful
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:47 pm
Personal rank: *censored*

Re: loquebot

Postby sektor2111 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:04 pm

Dodging a bit outside. Since that evil host-name is sharing crap against some EULA stuff why DNS servers are not removing them from being propagated ? Why damaging stuff is not reported and blocked properly ?
User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
 
Posts: 3914
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: On the roof.

Re: loquebot

Postby TheDane » Sun May 05, 2019 1:22 pm

sektor2111 wrote:that evil host-name is sharing crap against some EULA stuff


what host name is that?
Semi-Retired UT fan(atic).
User avatar
TheDane
Masterful
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:47 pm
Personal rank: *censored*

Re: loquebot

Postby sektor2111 » Sun May 05, 2019 4:54 pm

That one posted by PrinceOfFunky.
User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
 
Posts: 3914
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: On the roof.

Re: loquebot

Postby EvilGrins » Sun May 05, 2019 5:32 pm

There's only 1 way to deal with Loque... The Abyss!
Image

Not an Aimbot but a bot with it's stats maxed out so it can kill you a dozen times without you realizing where it was. She kills the normal Loque all the time, the bot version would be no different.
Her stats
Image

Even the famed Golden Reaver required therapy for life after facing The Abyss!
Abyss is just scary
Image
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
 
Posts: 6175
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: loquebot

Postby TheDane » Sun May 05, 2019 6:34 pm

EvilGrins wrote:There's only 1 way to deal with Loque... The Abyss!


wow, can I get a link to that skin please?
Semi-Retired UT fan(atic).
User avatar
TheDane
Masterful
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:47 pm
Personal rank: *censored*

Re: loquebot

Postby PrinceOfFunky » Sun May 05, 2019 7:25 pm

EvilGrins wrote:Image

This skin looks like Prince of Persia when he wears the mask of the wraith.
Image
Image
User avatar
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: loquebot

Postby EvilGrins » Sun May 05, 2019 8:05 pm

TheDane wrote:wow, can I get a link to that skin please?

If I remember, I'll set it up for download when I get home tonight.

Personally, I always have her setup with this voicepack - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6749
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
 
Posts: 6175
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Previous

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest