Jailbreak III and Bot Order question

Discussions about GameTypes
The_CrY
Novice

Jailbreak III and Bot Order question

Post by The_CrY »

I've been playing a lot of Jailbreak lately, and it's always a go-to custom game type for me. For some reason, though, the bots used in Jailbreak will seemingly always come in random order, even when I don't want them to. Does anyone know why a single game type would do that? Also, where would I look if I were to change it? There's nothing telling in *.ini files or in the mod menu.

Any help would be appreciated :)
The_CrY
Novice

Re: Jailbreak III and Bot Order question

Post by The_CrY »

Thanks for your reply! That's very interesting, and I will check it out.
I don't think it's going to help much, though, because it does not mention Jailbreak, and it seems to be about the orders given to bots, and not about the order in which they spawn in, which is what I'm interested in.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Ah, misunderstood what you ment, my bad.

Not at home, but at the screen where you set the number of bots, shouldn't there be an option there to set Random Bot Order? :noidea
The_CrY
Novice

Post by The_CrY »

There is, but it does not work with Jailbreak, sadly.

Maybe the problem is a bit vague, the way I tell it. Let me try again. If I start a CTF, DOM, Assault or Team DM match with 8 bots, and "Random Order" for bots is not ticked, the teams will be as follows (playing as spectator myself):
Red Team: Bot 1, Bot 3, Bot 5, Bot 7
Blue Team: Bot 2, Bot 4, Bot 6, Bot 8

If I launch a Jailbreak game with exactly the same bots, the selection is still Bots 1 through 8, so the same bots, but the teams are shuffled. There is no telling in which team Bot 1 will end up, because that part is randomised. I hope I explained it a little better this time. It is not a vital problem, but sometimes I want particular bots opposing me, and Jailbreak is not allowing me to do that. :)