Unreal Package Dependencies

External tools, software and sites for creating or editing UT99 resources.
Shrimp
Adept

Unreal Package Dependencies

Post by Shrimp »

Hi guys.

Here's the initial release of a tool I've been working on.

https://github.com/shrimpza/unreal-pack ... /tag/1.0.1

See the README for instructions and a small visual usage demo: https://github.com/shrimpza/unreal-pack ... /README.md

It's a _very_ simple command-line tool which does a "deep" analysis of package dependencies, and validates that they're available. Deep here means it doesn't just check if DM-RandomMap depends on "CoolTextures.utx" bit it checks the individual textures used from that package, so it'll check "CoolTextures.Walls.CoolWall", etc. Hopefully this helps identify issues like packages with duplicated names but different content.

It's also intended to easily perform batch analysis, rather than one-at-a-time checks.

It forms the basis of some packaging stuff I want to do in the future, but I'm hoping it may be useful to server admins or people with large collections of maps they want to clean up. Issues or general feedback welcomed.
ShrimpWorks
Unreal Archive - preserving over 25 years of user-created content for the Unreal series!
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Re: Unreal Package Dependencies

Post by esnesi »

Ah! Very nice Shrimp, and thanks!
Even a quicker and more complete way of locating what is actually wrong with the package which it's miss matches on.

I probably will be using this very soon!
Although i reserve the map with a txt note in a separate folder till now. (the folder keeps getting bigger tho ;p)
Unfortunately i don't own the editor knowledge to fix the actual mismatching file, but can always shoot here and there ;)
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: Unreal Package Dependencies

Post by Chamberly »

Interesting, may check it out in about 2 weeks!
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?