ComboGib >GRAPPLE< Server <//UrS//> - We are back!

Discussions about Servers
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

ComboGib >GRAPPLE< Server <//UrS//> - We are back!

Post by Sp0ngeb0b » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:06 pm

Please excuse the shameless copy & paste of this advertisement; it is mainly aimed at former players of our server. But also unfamiliar faces are more than welcome to check it out :)
-------------------------
ursBack.jpg
Your favorite UT99 server has made its return!

After a 4 year hiatus, we have reopened our beloved ComboGib Grapple server. You will find everything as we left it back in 2015. This means same maps, same setup, same rankings.

The diehard members of <//UrS//> are still playing the game, and eventually brought more of us back. If you were a regular on our server, or if your UT icon is getting dusty, this is the perfect opportunity to get out your equipment and hop back in. Get the server crowded and relive the great fun we used to have!

We have also resurrected our website, including the complete UTStats archive from 2009-2015. Don't miss to check it out, and while you are at it, remember that we have resetted the ranking now. This is the perfect opportunity to show that you still got it!

We will be on the server this evening and are looking forward to see some old, familiar faces again!

www.unrealriders.eu

Server IP: 50.3.71.234:7777
Server Location: Germany
Server Rankings: Here
NexgenAdvancedBanManager || NexgenPlayerLookupSystem || NexgenTeamspeak3Connector

UT Sniper (SJA94)
Masterful
Personal rank: noob programmer

Re: ComboGib >GRAPPLE< Server <//UrS//> - We are back!

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:47 pm

It's funny, 2 days ago I randomly came across a short clip of nali_angle playing on the old urs server after not seeing anything for years.

You should probably get a Discord channel, most UT communities use them.
Find the Latest player inis https://ooper.000webhostapp.com/ut/newinis/ (2019 version)
My latest UT themed game Spawn Killer 4 Game

Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:00 pm

I also just realized we are not even 3 weeks away from UT's 20 year anniversary. Seems like the time really has come for a return!

Yeah, I guess we should get on Discord, thx for the hint :)
NexgenAdvancedBanManager || NexgenPlayerLookupSystem || NexgenTeamspeak3Connector

UT Sniper (SJA94)
Masterful

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:24 pm

Hopefully UT 469 comes out at around the same type :)

Is the server reg combogib like before? I've missed playing on non newnet/zp servers, some maps are much more playable with people getting less kills.
Find the Latest player inis https://ooper.000webhostapp.com/ut/newinis/ (2019 version)

Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:33 pm

Setup is the same as it used to be - no NN or zp. Except for an update to ACEv11d.

UT Sniper (SJA94)
Masterful

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:25 pm

Package "Sky" is not on the redirect.

ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:02 am

This is great news, it's nice to see you guys again, thanks for setting up the server. Will the UrS forum become publicly available in due course? There's a technical issue with ACE that's preventing a server join for someone.
I'm not certain whether it's a problem with the ACE installer, or with the DLLs themselves. I suppose I should query this with Anthrax, but I know he's got his hands full at the moment with the 469 stuff.
The client is running on Windows XP in this instance, so perhaps that's significant somehow, I don't know whether the 1.1d build has been tested on that platform.

EDIT: having just read Sniper's post in the XC_engine ACE kicking for game minimized thread, perhaps this will be solved by the 1.1e release, so will wait and see.

Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:18 am

Thanks for the kind words, Shai. I'm unsure whether there is a demand to reopen the forum (i.e. how many people will use it anyway). It's setup that news can be posted, and all archived topics can be read as well. Player communication is also possible via our Facebook page, and we might consider getting on discord, as this seems to be the place nowadays.

About ACE: I wanted to give the new version a try. From what I see so far, only Sniper has been a false positive kick, but there has also been at least 1 timeout during initial checks logged (maybe we are talking about the same person). Knowing that v1.1e is not far away is a great thing, and I think we will wait for that and see how it goes. Removing it is quite a risk, as we are not in a position anymore with admin around all the time to remove obvious aimbotters.