★ MapVoteX112 ★ [UPDATED 11/09/2022]

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Re: ★ MapVoteX112 ★ [UPDATED 11/09/2022]

Post by RocketJedi »

First thank you for your efforts making this mapvote. I really want to use this mapvote, but ran into a few issues

voting for game types takes a very long time to reload. Is there a caching option? Sometimes it wont load. say for instance you change game type and close the mapvote window to continue playing the game ( because i'd rather play than wait for maps to load), sometimes the mapvote never comes back and is stuck on loading maps.

Also if if 2 players are on the server and one votes the other is forced to vote as well. other mapvotes have a 51% configuration to stop this. We have 690 maps for CTF. Once the game type is loaded we vote for maps, but on server travel only the default mods load from the server start list. any mutatotors in mapvote mutatotor line are completely ignored. Am I doing something wrong? We are also using XC engine so I know the package and actor list is ignored

The map interface is very small. It would be nice if it was a bit larger or configurable within the admin gui

I really want to use this on our server, but the loading time is to much and changing gametypes isn't working for us.

thanks for your time.
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
ProAsm
Skilled

Re: ★ MapVoteX112 ★ [UPDATED 11/09/2022]

Post by ProAsm »

Unfortunately there will be no further development for MapVoteX with maybe a v113 with some minor bug fixes.
It is now 10 years old and was deliberately made this way to be different to all other mapvotes.
It does have the 51% option, it just takes a bit longer (bMajorityPlayerVote=True).
The main need here was to have 100 to 200 different games and loading all maps for 200 games is one hell of a task :)
This is why the maps are loaded on request.