Barbie wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:33 am
Me having doubts... An old plain situation - I was hunting CreatureFactory VS Counters (and some known Custom Counters) for adjusting stupid spam. I got a surprise in some map (too bad I don't recall name) which has names like gasbags01
and or other gasbagsend
I don't know what did I do wrong or I did not do wrong - I always do check for compiling with no errors but the result in game has made me to remove that thing. Of course I could see problem only in a map - I had maps sorted not everything found on Internet for MonsterHunt. Here I suspected an Engine problem or whatever it was and I stopped my names tweaking in that time. Right now I'm hoping to be my mistake but... I'm not convinced that I was doing something wrong...
As a matter of fact: See Editor finding an Actor based on Tag. Type there "Monster", in a MH map, perhaps actors listed immediately are about to be Monster
Event and Monster
End as long as they are including sequence "Monster". If this way of doing deals with names exist in run-time too, then you might have other executions than expected. Now I really want this to be a wrong assumption but the fact which I witnessed is proving another situation...
All patch plugins for NavAdder are using "string(Name)" and for that thing I did not have any problem. Perhaps right now I will want to re-check what's the deal here but I need to look for some map with such common string parts intensively used...