Rate of Fire Adjustment for NW3?

Discussions about everything else
BadCorps
Experienced
Personal rank: Unholy

Rate of Fire Adjustment for NW3?

Post by BadCorps »

I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the rate of fire of the NW3 weapons, mainly the Vulcan and WRE. On that subject, would it also be possible to adjust the amount of ammo a given weapon can hold?

Thank you in advance.
Koolflux
Experienced

Re: Rate of Fire Adjustment for NW3?

Post by Koolflux »

There probably is a way to do that, but I haven't played UT with NW3 lately, so I can't answer that one.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

So there's a bunch of options for adjusting the settings of NW3 but I didn't see anything specific for that.

I went into each part and checked individual settings, but no dice.

Ignore NW2, not sure why I stopped there in the screenshot.
Attachments
nw3Clip0001.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

BadCorps wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:21 am I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the rate of fire of the NW3 weapons, mainly the Vulcan and WRE. On that subject, would it also be possible to adjust the amount of ammo a given weapon can hold?

Thank you in advance.
The answer is yes - if you have NW3 you should have the extensive documentation that accompanied the mod. Have a look at the INI_NWeaponsCfg pdf in particular but read through the rest as well. The settngs you want are probably in the NWeaponsCfg.ini and NWExtrasCfg.ini, but check them all out.

The amount of starting ammo can be adjusted via the NWMHExtrasVIII.NWMHMut.

Looking at it in a bit more detail, in order to adjust fire rate/starting ammo for individual weapons I think you want the NWExtrasVIII.NWWeaponBalanceBoardA in the NWeaponsCfg.ini.
BadCorps
Experienced

Post by BadCorps »

OjitroC wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:10 am
BadCorps wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 5:21 am I was wondering if there was a way to adjust the rate of fire of the NW3 weapons, mainly the Vulcan and WRE. On that subject, would it also be possible to adjust the amount of ammo a given weapon can hold?

Thank you in advance.
The answer is yes - if you have NW3 you should have the extensive documentation that accompanied the mod. Have a look at the INI_NWeaponsCfg pdf in particular but read through the rest as well. The settngs you want are probably in the NWeaponsCfg.ini and NWExtrasCfg.ini, but check them all out.

The amount of starting ammo can be adjusted via the NWMHExtrasVIII.NWMHMut.

Looking at it in a bit more detail, in order to adjust fire rate/starting ammo for individual weapons I think you want the NWExtrasVIII.NWWeaponBalanceBoardA in the NWeaponsCfg.ini.
Didn't find anything that resembled what I was looking for, it's mostly just the stuff from the ingame menu. Unless I missed something, and I probably did.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

BadCorps wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:50 pm Didn't find anything that resembled what I was looking for, it's mostly just the stuff from the ingame menu. Unless I missed something, and I probably did.
It's in NWExtrasCfg.ini - my mistake there. The following is an extract from the INI_NWExtrasCfg.pdf - it certainly looks to me like you can adjust the firing rate and starting ammo for as many weapons as you want using the NWExtrasVIII.NWWeaponBalanceBoardMut
Spoiler
NWExtrasVIII.NWWeaponBalanceBoardMut
(applies to NWExtrasVIII.NWWeaponBalanceBoardA)

WeaponOptions [internal server list, max size: 64]
- List of weapon options and tweaks per weapon class:
* WeaponClassName: Weapon class name;
* BasicOptions: List of basic options (in the format property=value), separated by semicolons:
> respawn=<time in seconds>: Respawn time;
> firerate1=<number>: Primary fire rate multiplier;
> firerate2=<number>: Secondary fire rate multiplier;
> damage1=<number>: Primary fire rate multiplier;
> damage2=<number>: Secondary fire rate multiplier;
> ammorespawn=<time in seconds>: Time it takes for its ammo to respawn;
> maxammo=<number>: Max ammo amount;
> ammo=<number>: Ammo amount;
> startammo=<number>: Starting weapon ammo amount;

* PropertyOptions: List of properties (in the format property=value), separated by semicolons. It's not guaranteed to work for every weapon property, due to replication rules and engine limitations.
PS: I can confirm the BalanceBoardMut works as I tried it using the Freezer - I adjusted the starting ammo and the firing rate and these worked in game.
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Came across these in the NWeaponsCfg.ini
Not sure if these are what you need.

[NWVulcanVIII.Vulcan]
DrillHeatUpRate=0.350000
DrillHeatDownRate=0.275000
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

esnesi wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:57 pm Came across these in the NWeaponsCfg.ini
Not sure if these are what you need.

[NWVulcanVIII.Vulcan]
DrillHeatUpRate=0.350000
DrillHeatDownRate=0.275000
The short answer is no - the Vulcan can, if set to, heat up with continuous firing (if you've used it, you'll have seen the revolving barrel start to glow red) - those settings govern the speed at which it heats up and then cools down. Here are those settings as explained in the WeaponsConfig pdf
Spoiler
bAffectedByHeat [menu server boolean, default=False] Nali Weapons 3 Gameplay Settings > Weapons > Vulcan > Enable overheating - Enable the need to cool down when using the primary fire for too long.

DrillHeatRework [menu server float, default=0.400000] Nali Weapons 3 Gameplay Settings > Weapons > Vulcan > Reusability temperature level
- Max temperature level the weapon can be used again after overheating (from 0.0 to 1.0).

DrillHeatUpRate [menu server float, default=0.350000] Nali Weapons 3 Gameplay Settings > Weapons > Vulcan > Heat up rate
- Heating up rate while the primary mode is being used.

DrillHeatDownRate [menu server float, default=0.275000] Nali Weapons 3 Gameplay Settings > Weapons > Vulcan > Cool down rate
- Cool down rate when the primary mode is not being used.
As I said in a previous post the required settngs are in NWExtrasCfg.ini.
BadCorps
Experienced

Post by BadCorps »

[/quote]
The short answer is no - the Vulcan can, if set to, heat up with continuous firing (if you've used it, you'll have seen the revolving barrel start to glow red) - those settings govern the speed at which it heats up and then cools down. Here are those settings as explained in the WeaponsConfig pdf
Spoiler
bAffectedByHeat [menu server boolean, default=False] Nali Weapons 3 Gameplay Settings > Weapons > Vulcan > Enable overheating - Enable the need to cool down when using the primary fire for too long.

DrillHeatRework [menu server float, default=0.400000] Nali Weapons 3 Gameplay Settings > Weapons > Vulcan > Reusability temperature level
- Max temperature level the weapon can be used again after overheating (from 0.0 to 1.0).

DrillHeatUpRate [menu server float, default=0.350000] Nali Weapons 3 Gameplay Settings > Weapons > Vulcan > Heat up rate
- Heating up rate while the primary mode is being used.

DrillHeatDownRate [menu server float, default=0.275000] Nali Weapons 3 Gameplay Settings > Weapons > Vulcan > Cool down rate
- Cool down rate when the primary mode is not being used.
As I said in a previous post the required settngs are in NWExtrasCfg.ini.
[/quote]

I couldn't get it to work for the Vulcan, I tried setting the max ammo to 850 and increase the rate of fire by x6, but it didn't appear in game.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

BadCorps wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:57 am I couldn't get it to work for the Vulcan, I tried setting the max ammo to 850 and increase the rate of fire by x6, but it didn't appear in game.
That's odd - it works fine for me. Here are the settings I used in NWExtrasCfg.ini
Spoiler
[NWExtrasVIII.NWWeaponBalanceBoardA]
WeaponOptions[0]=(WeaponClassName="IRPR",BasicOptions="ammorespawn=7.5;respawn=5.0;maxammo=100;ammo=40;startammo=66;firerate1=2.0;",PropertyOptions="ShotDamage=200;")
WeaponOptions[1]=(WeaponClassName="Vulcan",BasicOptions="ammorespawn=7.5;respawn=1.0;maxammo=800;ammo=40;startammo=600;firerate1=6.0;",PropertyOptions="ShotDamage=50;")
WeaponOptions[2]=()
WeaponOptions[3]=()
The Vulcan spawned with 600 ammo, respawned almost immediately, picked the new one up and the ammo in the one I was holding was capped at 800. I think the firing rate was increased but did not have a reliable means of testing that. I did notice that the amount of ammo in the Vulcan I fired didn't go down with continuous firing but remained at 800.

Did you add the NWExtrasVIII.NWWeaponBalanceBoardA mutator? Anything in the log to suggest why it didn't work? Are you running any mutators that might conflict with NWExtrasVIII?

Post your NWExtrasVIII.NWWeaponBalanceBoardA settings from your NWExtrasCfg.ini.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

These WeaponBalanceBoard mutators were created exactly for this, to be able to adjust what is adjustable in the context of this mod (and even other mods, it works with other stuff too to some extent).
There are some hardcoded things in the mod, but anything to do with fire rate, damage, etc (generally things MH modifiers also change) can be changed through these mutators.

In order to use them you need to set things up manually in the .ini file as mentioned by OjitroC above, and then just add the mutator for it to work.
If it doesn't work for you, it would be best to show here what you have set in the .ini file, even because .ini files follow a very strict format, so any typo (for example) may prevent it from working altogether.
BadCorps
Experienced

Post by BadCorps »

OjitroC wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:58 am
BadCorps wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:57 am I couldn't get it to work for the Vulcan, I tried setting the max ammo to 850 and increase the rate of fire by x6, but it didn't appear in game.
Did you add the NWExtrasVIII.NWWeaponBalanceBoardA mutator?
I am completely unaware of that Mutator, Image

I am not sure if it makes a difference, but I am attempting to make the adjustments in Deathmatch (I was doing Monster Hunt during my last session, but didn't bother removing it for a screenshot).
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

BadCorps wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:29 pm I am completely unaware of that Mutator,
I am not sure if it makes a difference, but I am attempting to make the adjustments in Deathmatch (I was doing Monster Hunt during my last session, but didn't bother removing it for a screenshot).
Yes, you need to add the NW3 Extras Advanced Weapons Tweak mutator to your list of mutators and yes, it will work in Deathmatch.

If, after adding that mutator, you still get problems post your NWExtrasVIII.NWWeaponBalanceBoardA settings from your NWExtrasCfg.ini as there may be a syntax error that someone else might spot.
BadCorps
Experienced

Post by BadCorps »

OjitroC wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 1:46 pm
BadCorps wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 12:29 pm I am completely unaware of that Mutator,
Yes, you need to add the NW3 Extras Advanced Weapons Tweak mutator to your list of mutators and yes, it will work in Deathmatch.

If, after adding that mutator, you still get problems post your NWExtrasVIII.NWWeaponBalanceBoardA settings from your NWExtrasCfg.ini as there may be a syntax error that someone else might spot.
Fixed it, I was missing the " before the weapon name. Problem solved.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

BadCorps wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:58 am
Fixed it, I was missing the " before the weapon name. Problem solved.
That's good!