More Unreal 2 XMP stuff (and U2Pawns skeletalmeshes from U2 E3 2001)

Discussions about everything else
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

More Unreal 2 XMP stuff (and U2Pawns skeletalmeshes from U2 E3 2001)

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Yrex wrote a tool that exports the skeletal meshes from u2 alpha e3, here are my experiments (without textures) of importing these models.
U2AlphaSkel.rar

Here are some exported textures, too, but it needs to be reimported/changed to use them because otherwise it uses only single skin.

U2AlphaSkelRest.rar

Now for the U2XMP thing. There's a beta of U2XMP I got my hands on and I started converting the unique beta maps, unfortunately this is all I could make in time, it needs more work to be proper but these are beta/alpha maps converts/leftovers. The Ruins map is what became alcazar and might have roots in the SP game as well. I am refering to the u2 sp texture MattT.ScreensPostM04.PostM04BriefingStuff

XMPBeta Maps P1

I hope you can enjoy this. There is more that I was planning but someone else will have to do it most likely, like even a couple of mutators to replace the raptor skin and voice packs etc I was gonna do.

This is the last day of my time here as I was betrayed by my supposed family and I have to go on the street. Unless someone would shelter me in the europe.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Re: More Unreal 2 XMP stuff (and U2Pawns skeletalmeshes from U2 E3 2001)

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

XMPBeta Maps P2

Since I wasn't thrown out (yet) I am uploading the second part plus some resources and misc stuff.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Re: More Unreal 2 XMP stuff (and U2Pawns skeletalmeshes from U2 E3 2001)

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

XMP Nyleve something
Here's some broken attempt at converting BR-Kroenik from UC Alpha from 2001. Well, I can say I forgot ambientsounds but all textures are converted and staticmeshes into mylevel nylevel....except the staticmeshes got fucked up in similar ways like that one staticmesh in greatemerald's alcazar conversion so it's just great. Well despite this the map is "basically" playable and I did replace in the t3d the chargers with u2 stations etc and bombing run spots with iconnodes and the bomb spot with energysource....

I don't know why I'm even doing this, nobody will probably even touch this let finish this, but my life's going down the black hole so I might as well release all I got.

EDIT: in my itial cogcity wip apparently the no parking signs upper part is invisible as seems by default with all the t3d imported staticmeshes as opposed to the brush to staticmesh converted ones...well whatever really.