Video card: Radeon RX 580
Monitor: Iiyama ProLite X2483H [24" LCD]
Screen resolutions tested: 1920x1080 and below
Game version tested: 436 and 451
Direct3D9 https://www.moddb.com/games/unreal-tour ... -Direct3D9 https://www.moddb.com/games/unreal-tour ... rivers-r13
Direct3D11 https://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-direc ... cbu-and-dx
How I tested it.
1. On server. Raised the server locally.
2. On the client. Practice session with this mutator.
1. The frame has shifted to the left.
2. Black background (with HUD Transparency = 0) at boots and ":"
I will also ask my friends to test this mutator and tell you the result.
- 1.JPG (24.24 KiB) Viewed 212 times
I noticed that this mutator also binds to the "Player Status" parameter. This is most likely wrong. If you uncheck the "Show Player Status" checkbox in the game settings, then the timer and antigravboot disappear.
Also (I don't know if this will help you or not) you can take textures from this utx file). To fix the black background of elements.
Can you fix this?
Yes that Hud scale is always a problem but I believe there is a fix coming.
The black background is caused by the Canvas Style Translucent somehow not working on your graphics card.
If your computer is a desktop and the radeon is an extra, switch the motherboard to its internal graphics.
On my PC I can turn Player Status on/off and fiddle with any setting I like and it sits there rock solid.
I've had friends test it on our beta forum and we cannot get it to do what you are getting.
Personally I think its the Radeon.
See if you can borrow and old nVidia card abd I'm sure all your problems will be over.
This is my pc running 1920x1080 full HD (converted to jpg) and as you can see it is rock sold and also on any resolution.
The pic is with Player Status ticked on.
I'll ask around and see if I can pickup a Radeon somewhere but I doubt it.
What I'll do is make a version with plenty of log debug entries that you can send me so I can see what is happening there.
Look at the 2 pics below using my new SmartSB and see the difference in the graphics, a total lack of transparency, even on the UT weapon bar is wrong.
Oh and btw, my background pcx is identical to the EUT texture in your above link.
I'll see if there is a way around this.
2. Binding a mutator to the "Player Status" parameter. If you uncheck the "Show player status" checkbox in the game settings, then I see the HUD, as in the screenshot (without the timer and antigravbots). There should also be a binding to the "Weapon display" parameter. In general, to understand how the HUD works on the right, "play" with the jackdaws next to the parameters "Show player status" and "Show Weapon display". Also, I think the problem with scale and offset is related to this too.
In the server mods that I gave as an example in the first post, there are no such problems.
Also, I believe that you need to leave two options for displaying the timer and antigravboots (Mutate ChangeBootDisplay): on and off
If you are using UHD please switch to HD (1920x1080) until the problems are fixed as I cannot cater for UHD.
The Mutate commands I'll do later.
I use UT straight out the box, I do not switch anything in or out as that makes coding very difficult.
Give this a go and let me know if there is an improvement.
Now I tested it at home (Radeon video card). Tomorrow I'll test it at my work (NVIDIA)
I think the end result shouldn't depend on renders and video card model. For example, in UltimateNewNet everything works correctly regardless of the video card and rendering.
1. FullHD resolution. The screenshots show examples of scaling. I changed the "HUD Size" parameter from maximum (default value) to minimum. As you can see from the screenshots, scaling works, but not quite correctly.
2. The black background is gone. I've tried testing both Direct3D9 and OpenGL. Fine!
3. The transparency of the timer and antigravboots remains at the same level and does not change with the change in the HUD Transparency parameter. I've tried testing both Direct3D9 and OpenGL.
4. When I uncheck the "Show weapon display" jackdaw, the timer and antigravbots disappear (see screenshot 5). They must stay.
That is, the timer and antigravbots should remain even if at least one of the jackdaw next to the "Show player status" and "Show Weapon display" parameters is unchecked. The timer and antigravbots should disappear if both jackdaws are removed.
Yes I agree with you about it should work everywhere but I can only test with the tools available to me.
You see when we code anything, we code in the resolution 1280x768 as thats the default setting for UT, everything including all scaling is based on 1280x768.
That is built into the code as from patch 451, before it was 1024x768.
Even patch 469 is still based on 1280x768 which is a pity as we need it much higher.
Once you set your graphics above 1600x900 things become very dicy regarding scaling.
Graphic images are not so bad but everything else is a nightmare
I'll see what improvements I can make.
https://github.com/CacoFFF/SiegeIV-UT99 ... s/sgHUD.uc
Yes, likewwise here, but only in the higher resolutions which to be honest I hardly ever look at but will in future do
As a matter of interest if you only play in the higher resolutions, go onto your User.ini and change:
1. Scaling. Works as expected. Done
2. Black background. Is absent. Done.
3. Without transparency HUD, timer and anti grav boots remain transparent (see screenshot). Not fixed. But this is an insignificant bug.
4. "Show player status" and "Show Weapon display" parameters. Done.
- 1.jpg (35.64 KiB) Viewed 55 times