Bug with Excessive weapons

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
michelrpg
Novice

Bug with Excessive weapons

Post by michelrpg »

So I sometimes play with the excessive mod on. And it's quite fun, but sometimes I like to make things more interesting by just using one or two excessive weapons (by selecting the mutator > [xweaponx] upgrade). Now when that happens... it gets weird. With some weapons (minigun for example), I randomly lose all my weapons and ammo the moment I grab a new weapon from the floor. Basically I end up with that weapon, but completely without any kind of ammo on it. Very annoying during my favorite passing-of-time game; Monsterhunts. Having several Ice Skaarjs running and slashing you into bits and pieces while mindlessly pointing an empty rocket launcher at them is simply not cool (or sane).

Does anyone else have this problem too? :flag3: :redeemer2: <<< this thing is huge...whoa..
TREATY
Novice

Re: Bug with Excessive weapons

Post by TREATY »

i sometimes have that problem also, sometimes i go in game and dont get any weapons at all, and it gets so frustrating (makes me feel like a noob) and it does seem to happen alot on monsterhunt servers for me but also some CTF servers, i have no clue if i play with excessive mod on tho, it just happends sometimes. Im sure its something easly fixed tho.
spectral

Post by spectral »

i also have that problem with excessive 1.1H
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

I've seen several weapon mutators exhibit this bug.
Sometimes, just tossing the weapon you're holding helps.
If not... well, there *IS* a Suicide command...
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Sometimes if I use one excessive weapon I did have a, some kind, contrariwise bug I start with this overpowerd thing and only the starting ammo is available... and I can pick up the normal counterpart too ...weird!
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

TREATY wrote:Im sure its something easly fixed tho.
No, it's not easy to fix. It happens that there's a bug regarding monsters weapons replacement.
Most weapon mutators use CheckReplacement function, and for some reason, this doesnt seem to work properlly in replacing the monsters weapons.

That function is very damn buggy on these cases.

The only thing to do to fix this is to build a mutator that replaces the weapon classes of all monsters even before their code starts to give them the weapons set in the classes.