Were our bug reports and suggestions even useful?

Discussions about UT99
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Were our bug reports and suggestions even useful?

Post by papercoffee »

Shrimp wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:29 am I feel like this thread has turned into an example of why they stopped checking the other one very frequently. It seems to devolve into pages of squabbling which the patch devs don't have the time or energy to sift through looking for useful information.
THIS SUMS IT UP PERFECTLY!
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

sektor2111 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:06 pm Dude, over 70% of people know that ProgressMessages are IN GAME stuff at beginning having nothing to do with Editor. I said words "mutators" "serverPackages" "adjusted Servers" "path Finders". Finding path in Editor IT'S NOT WORKING due to physics rules my friend (perhaps I can do something in future...)... so let's keep the talk where it needs to be - GAME UT469 - and nothing else. I did NOT Mention that "in my Editor these are working" I don't know how did you came to this conclusion about almighty Editor Goblin and his friends... lol.

And then BACK to the thing: For me these Are Working and aren't having issues. And then, I don't see why Anthrax and Higor should repair things which ain't broken. You'd better check your configurations and which INT/IT are triggering dumb stuff screwing your most wanted messages.
I can record these "messages" but it doesn't make any sense. What for ? So far I'm curious if Higor will setup that XC and then I can happily go back to the working table. I cannot complain about UT469, if something doesn't do what I need I can switch versions in a few seconds - I already have those textures prepared for batch fallback and updating tasks. For me it's all fine.

From me: Respect to Anthrax and Higor for their work.
So you were talking about the game by posting a screenshot of the editor? Mhm ok, anyway, not sure if you really tried to reproduce the bug, but it's a really bad bug, people can lose a cap cause of that or worse.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Screenshot was Another Thing, there I sampled a bad Brush - Editor is saying nothing about it. I was expecting a reaction of Editor - nothing to do with "progressmessages" but having a bit of feedback around newer assets. I was asking such a feature in Editor if memory doesn't cheat me so bad...
papercoffee wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:49 pm THIS SUMS IT UP PERFECTLY!
Not entirely agree, I want to see what bug is talking about POF, some external screen capture at low fps would be more relevant as long as people aren't reading everything, mixing sentences how they want ignoring free space added between two subjects separating a post in sections - preventing DOUBLE POSTING.

Okay:
The title - Were our bug reports and suggestions even useful?
Answer - YES - other useless requests were more or less ignored.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

sektor2111 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:36 am Screenshot was Another Thing, there I sampled a bad Brush - Editor is saying nothing about it. I was expecting a reaction of Editor - nothing to do with "progressmessages" but having a bit of feedback around newer assets. I was asking such a feature in Editor if memory doesn't cheat me so bad...
papercoffee wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:49 pm THIS SUMS IT UP PERFECTLY!
Not entirely agree, I want to see what bug is talking about POF, some external screen capture at low fps would be more relevant as long as people aren't reading everything, mixing sentences how they want ignoring free space added between two subjects separating a post in sections - preventing DOUBLE POSTING.

Okay:
The title - Were our bug reports and suggestions even useful?
Answer - YES - other useless requests were more or less ignored.
Thanks to asking, here's the demostration:
NmNZcr6E7R4
As you can see the yellow message at the bottom (called progress message in PlayerPawn.uc) that states "You have the flag, return to base!" disappears when the voice menu is open.
(For context, that's 469)
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

EXACTLY this is the right reaction.
Why would need a Letters Soup on Screen when you are just need to see ORDER CLEARLY and not mixed with other crap ? Seriously...
This doesn't need any fix, lol... Damn, I wasted time here for nothing... ProgressMessage is back right after sending voice message... Where is the problem ?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

PrinceOfFunky wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:13 pm As you can see the yellow message at the bottom (called progress message in PlayerPawn.uc) that states "You have the flag, return to base!" disappears when the voice menu is open.
I suppose it depends on what resolution you use and what screen size you have - if the progress messages didn't disappear on my set-up they would be obscured by the opened voice menu options (not the main menu itself). Personally I don't see it as a bug or a problem - you see the message before you open the voice menu; you look at the voice menu to choose which order group you require and then which order/taunt etc you want to give (and so wouldn't be looking at the progress message in any case if it were there); click on the required order/taunt and then close the menu; the progress message comes back. All that takes a few seconds and, as far as I can tell after having tried it out, has no impact on the game or gameplay.

In summary - if the progress message didn't disappear it would cause more problems than its disappearance does.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:34 pmas far as I can tell after having tried it out, has no impact on the game or gameplay.
When I play CTF I usually stand on the flag base when nobody is around, so that when the flag appears it gets grabbed automatically, I also use a low volume when playing games with a lot of sound FX, it has happened a few times that I was using the voice menu to send orders to my teammates and I couldn't know I grabbed the flag.
gargul2
Average

Post by gargul2 »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:As you can see the yellow message at the bottom (called progress message in PlayerPawn.uc) that states "You have the flag, return to base!" disappears when the voice menu is open.
Hey guys, not sure whether you are already aware or not, but just wanted to inform you that the issue you are talking about was already reported 5 days ago: https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... /issues/48
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

gargul2 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:18 pm
PrinceOfFunky wrote:As you can see the yellow message at the bottom (called progress message in PlayerPawn.uc) that states "You have the flag, return to base!" disappears when the voice menu is open.
Hey guys, not sure whether you are already aware or not, but just wanted to inform you that the issue you are talking about was already reported 5 days ago: https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... /issues/48
i think thats funky himself reporting yeah xD
Reported at the proper channels, finally!
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

@gargul, @esensi - Yes, I reported it when I noticed nobody was caring about it on here.
gargul2
Average

Post by gargul2 »

Hey, since some people in this thread are mentioning about "toxic" behaviours, I just wanted to add my 5 cents and inform you that ut99.org user Chamberly is toxic because he has blocked me for no reason on github ut99 patch 469 issue tracker.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Judging by your own comments thus far there, it seems to me that you were the only toxic element yourself there, and you're just projecting that denomination onto someone else.

You went constantly back and forth between truly useful good objective comments/reports and completely off-topic and even toxic comments.

I mean:
https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... -699544754
gargul2 wrote: Go fuck yourself, my contribution stopped now. I have meet too many such fucktards like you in my life and on the whole github, too many times, in too many places, fix 469a yourself with your attitude, bye
https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... -699670925
gargul2 wrote:LOL. Comon. Good joke. Perhaps you didn't read the whole thread...
Just as 2 examples, and from the same github issue, with the former being reply to someone who has been in fact contributing a LOT of reports and tools for the patch, and with the latter being a reply to Anth no less, the actual lead programmer for this patch and whom perhaps may understand a bit better what he's talking about than you.

That is a prime example of toxic behavior, so either a warning or a ban would be expected eventually as you kept relentlessly going off-topic and treat people like shit.

The fact that you linked that specific comment which the first 2 lines go like this:
gargul2 wrote:Sure, don't post screenshoots with some crappy weird screen settings then, please.
An off-topic would not even begin then...
all the while trying to play the victim is pretty telling, this being the very definition of being toxic, as you put it.

To not mention that while you do have a point there of testing higher resolutions and small fonts being barely visible in this specific issue, the fact is that the game is designed and has to maintain proper support for lower resolutions regardless of what you think or feel about it.

So rather than ranting all over the place on how 1920x1080 resolution is the most common one nowadays, maybe you should restrict yourself to show (not tell) the problem at 1920x1080 and request for something to be done for higher resolutions.
And rather than treat people badly, maybe you should treat them with the same respect they have shown towards you.
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Post by Deepu »

PrinceOfFunky wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:13 pm (For context, that's 469)
You are 1000% wrong, this is not a error. Happening with 451 and 436 too.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Deepu wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:22 pm
PrinceOfFunky wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:13 pm (For context, that's 469)
You are 1000% wrong, this is not a error. Happening with 451 and 436 too.
How doesn't it make it an error?
There are issues that are left unnoticed or simply not fixed for decades in a software, it can happen.
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Post by Deepu »

okay