fake "Dynamics" shadows again..

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Re: fake "Dynamics" shadows again..

Post by Gustavo6046 »

papercoffee wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:24 pm We could make the Epic-Town map more lively that way.
Dude, I was thinking about that! It's an awesome map, but no matter how much FnB tried, it still feels like an abandoned city. It's almost uncanny. This little thing could help it tons!

I still really like EpicTown. We should host it on a huge max-64-clients server and tuck the entire community in it for Christmas! What do you think? :D
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

@Gustavo
This would be great event. But we would need someone hosting it.
Daewon wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:51 pmI would use mover as the volume. if player is in volume, go to state swimming.
:confused2: What do I see here?
Is this water cube a mover?
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

OF COURSE! ~M.Bison

That's what we talked about before, a way to do dynamic water.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

I didn't know some can do this.
I like.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I can try hosting, a friend runs mouses.xyz and they lent me an account. I already run two UT servers, but I can replace the experimental gametype-testing one with an expereimental... mega town get-together thingy! I'll let you know when I do! If I do, should I make a thread? In which subforum? It's a while since I last made a new topic in UT99.org :P

If I do, it shall be my thousandth post, too! So further discussion about this will have to be in PMs or Discord or something.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

events or servers
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

I remember making a 'water field' prototype for Siege... let's just say the players didn't like the idea at all.
Attachments
WaterField.u
(10.68 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Daewon
Novice

Post by Daewon »

Traffic Spawner - some progress (still in development).