About paid work...

Discussions about everything else
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: About paid work...

Post by papercoffee »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:36 pm
Gustavo6046 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:43 am Indian guy a little too flamboyant don't you think.
Not cool man, not cool :thudown:
:wth:

Gustavo... This was uncalled for.
And has nothing to do with the thread.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

papercoffee wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:58 pm
UnrealGGecko wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:36 pm
Gustavo6046 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:43 am Indian guy a little too flamboyant don't you think.
Not cool man, not cool :thudown:
:wth:

Gustavo... This was uncalled for.
This seems rather mild compared to some things I have seen some "other site's" respected community members often utter. They were often really humiliating but whatever I don't think the guy takes it as hard as you guys do. It's just a little amusing to me watching this, I don't know what to call it.

I don't really care about anyone's origin or race or whatever. Sometimes of course there is some aspect being common but there are always exceptions to the rules so to speak. And I guess..I guess I sound boring as *bleep*.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:36 pm Not cool man, not cool
I know, I know! I was partly joking. I also don't have anything against Indians [edit: nor did I mean to target any general particular group of people]; if anything I think they're actually really cool people and have an interesting culture and such. I'm just commenting on Deepu specifically :P
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

snowflakes.
Binary Space Partitioning
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Red_Fist wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:49 pmsnowflakes.
Hush, child, or Muta from SomeOrdinaryGamer is gonna go ween on you! :D
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Not sure what this thread is exactly about.

But I was going to say a while back that Unreal and UT have been reduced down to just people making models to sell or buy.
Those forums are nothing about Unreal anymore, it's all about code, making models or textures and selling "assets".

The editor is far to much to just make a map, so UT or Unreal is nothing but a game engine now.

I would never pay for a model unless I worked for some place that buys the stuff. Or learn how to make my own models. If I was making pro models it would only be for a company that paid an hourly wage.

All this asset selling I think is so stupid, like wow man I ordered a chair set, whoopy. If it don't end up in games for sale there is no reason to be paid for that modeling, get a friggen job geez
Binary Space Partitioning
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

This is not about buying/selling assets.
This is about being paid to work on something.