The Ornithomimus

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
OjitroC
Godlike

The Ornithomimus

Post by OjitroC »

Another uncommon player/bot model - haven't seen this on the usual UT file sites.

The Ornithomimus (seen here on NeonJupiter - it evidently had red blood :P )
Orni.jpg
It moves OK (rather like an ornithomimus would have done, with long strides) but, as you can see, it does not hold a weapon correctly. It's kind of cartoonish in appearance - the skin includes all the team colours. An ideal candidate for conversion to a scriptedpawn perhaps?

Anyway here it is for anyone interested
Ornithomimus.zip
(554.85 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
It seems to me that this is a conversion of a Quake2 player model that was made by Conor O'Kane - in this zip are the sounds for the model and the original readme from O'Kane
OrniSounds.zip
(281.19 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Re: The Ornithomimus

Post by esnesi »

Nice model!
Just replace good ol loque in the server for it.

I noticed that when the model gets in action/starts targetting the enemy, and keeps shooting it, the running animation changes into sliding over the ground sadly.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: The Ornithomimus

Post by OjitroC »

esnesi wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:22 pm I noticed that when the model gets in action/starts targetting the enemy, and keeps shooting it, the running animation changes into sliding over the ground sadly.
That's a pity. I must admit I didn't try it out much, just a quick game with it. I did look at the animations in UModel (basically to see what the model actually looked like) and noticed that, though there are a lot of anims, some of them are the same for different 'actions'; I also noticed that there are only two anims (I think) for shooting when walking/running and the model appeared to be stationary when shooting - I didn't really think much about it then but that lack of sufficient/proper anims probably explains the sliding. It also may explain why this model is not to be found much :P