Any Mod/Mutator requests...?

Discussions about UT99
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Any Mod/Mutator requests...?

Post by Que »

well we're about done with our projects and iam wondering if there are any idea's out there which may spice up and help
keep UT Alive and kicking?

there are certain things we can and cant do.. like we cant do Sound/Graphical Enhancements but we can do other things.

Code: Select all

UTCmds
UTSwap
SmartDM/SmartSSB
MapVoteX
SmartWeaponsFullyLoaded
are our creations, to give you a general scope on what we can do.

if you've got a good idea or bad one post away and we'll let you know if we can or cant make it a reality for you.

:tu:
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Any Mod/Mutator requests...?

Post by OjitroC »

It's always seemed a bit odd to me that, with 10 or 5 health points left, a player/bot can still move/react/see etc with the same alacrity and acuity as they could with 100 (or whatever maximum) health. There are a few damage mutators around but none of them seems sufficiently 'real' as it were - they reduce acceleration, movement speed and jumping ability but don't really affect ability to see nor do they reduce physical stability. The physical effects of Chaos's poison arrows (blurry vision, lurching movement, etc) are an extreme example but they seem to me to point to some effects that could be included in a more realistic damage mutator, alongside the impact of hit damage on player/bot movement.

Linking the location of a hit to the nature of the damage could be a feature that introduces a greater degree of realism - a hit in the leg reduces movement speed and general agility more than a hit in the arm for example - a hit in the arm reduces the ability to aim a weapon effectively - a hit to the head that is not a fatal headshot could reduce vision and movement, etc.

Of course, I have no idea whether this kind of mutator is possible nor, indeed, whether it would be of interest to players. It would have quite a significant impact on gameplay but could possibly appeal to those using 'real world' mods like Infiltration or 'real world' weapons like Counter Strike or AgentX. So I merely throw it out there for consideration.
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

It would be nice a sort of mut that allow play unreal map into ut
:)
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

darksonny wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:05 pm It would be nice a sort of mut that allow play unreal map into ut
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=5540 :mrgreen:
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

papercoffee wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:13 pm
darksonny wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:05 pm It would be nice a sort of mut that allow play unreal map into ut
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=5540 :mrgreen:
Is true that Unreal maps can be played with ut stock weapons inside UT99 game? Wow thanks I will try out
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

If you guys got time, i got a request that is bugging me for a while;

A separate (Nexgen) Chat HUD.
A HUD that atleast separates the kills/deaths from the chat.

For example the chathud of nexgen would be perfect, only it comes with the whole controller.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

darksonny wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:11 pm Is true that Unreal maps can be played with ut stock weapons inside UT99 game? Wow thanks I will try out
Those that are compatible with UT, yes. There will be some that have Unreal actors and these won't run - examples
Spoiler
Log: Failed import: Class Class Engine.DynamicCorona (file ../System/Engine.u)
Warning: Failed to load "DMBeyondTheSun": Can't find Class in file "Class Engine.DynamicCorona"..

Log: Failed import: Class Class UnrealShare.UJumpDest (file ../System/UnrealShare.u)
Warning: Failed to load "DmExar": Can't find Class in file "Class UnrealShare.UJumpDest"..
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

@OjitroC there are realism mods such as Action Realism and Xanth Realism
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Dr.Flay wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:26 pm @OjitroC there are realism mods such as Action Realism and Xanth Realism
Yes, thanks for those.

However I used to use Xanth a lot but have now stopped mainly because it seemed to cause problems with headshots AFAIR. Certainly liked the momentum transfer! What I had in mind goes beyond that mutator's damage multiplier according to hit location etc.

I have Action Realism but have never used it - so will give it a try sometime - seems to basically involve the use of bandages when hit (plus bloodtrails) and the inability to use weapons whilst applying the bandages.

Have also used a UTX mutator that reduced speed, jump height, etc in accordance with declining health.
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

Que wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:18 pm well we're about done with our projects and iam wondering if there are any idea's out there which may spice up and help
keep UT Alive and kicking?

there are certain things we can and cant do.. like we cant do Sound/Graphical Enhancements but we can do other things.

Code: Select all

UTCmds
UTSwap
SmartDM/SmartSSB
MapVoteX
SmartWeaponsFullyLoaded
are our creations, to give you a general scope on what we can do.

if you've got a good idea or bad one post away and we'll let you know if we can or cant make it a reality for you.

:tu:
Yesterday I posted this issue here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=14302&sid=23b0bd6b ... cbd5b535fb
And I was wondering if is it possible creating a mut o a sort of "mod" or tool inside ut where with a sort of ini (in the way when mods target their proper mod game folder inside ut with subfolders and inis pointing that subfolder to UT folder), put the conflictive utx files apart in one folder (e.g. ConflictivesTextures) and then tell to UT that there are another utx files inside that folder. Example: C:\UnrealTournament\ConflictivesTextures, so you can load without mixing or overwriting true or valid or non conflictive textures with those "good" textures (whose are most used for maps and does not give any texture loading problems). Could this be possible? It would be nice load maps that cannot be played normally when another maps can due to explained reason?
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

Hi Que,
time ago, when I had more free time than now to build ut99 stuff, I began to work on a mutator useful for our sniper server.
according the original idea, this mutator plays a specific sound when a (any) client/player enters or leaves the server (for example, I used a sound from ut3 "new opponent entering arena"). this because when you play sniper and are deeply concentrated in the game, it's not always possible to notice instant messages or alerts from server controller so a played sound helps you to understand better what is happening during gameplay.
I'm not a programmer so my coding abilities are quite limited and unfortunately I stopped the project some time after.

cheers,
Pietro
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

@darksonny

That would seem to be a more 469 patch at engine level then via Mutator

@utpe we have just built that into SSB! However when leaving the sound does not work too well. We use the XAN voice for incoming/mandown (join/leave). Which works very well when players are joining the server not so much when leaving.

Will look at doing a standalone Mutator with customizable sound effects from .uax files.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

Hi,

I would like a plug for Nexgen that can configure some important options...

bForceRespawn
AirControl
bUseTranslocator
bMultiWeaponStay
Difficulty (for bot)

and also the option to mute sounds the provocations or all or just one person...

I feel these options are missing from nexgen....

another thing that would be very good would be the return of the newnet public, the community really needs this mutator working 100% without errors...

Or other zp updated...
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
Acoma
Average

Post by Acoma »

Last edited by Acoma on Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

There's an old mutator called Smart Rockets that extends the flight time of rockets shot from the rocket launcher but also makes them track players better. If a player is killed and they didn't cause it, they will track the player back to where he respawns in the game to try and kill him again.

I'd love to see if someone could do this with the redeemers!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758