Unreal Tropes in Real Life

Discussions about everything else
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Unreal Tropes in Real Life

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Hiya, UT99 folks! The game has a lot of stuff that identifies it as it, like how the lighting spreads in this weird fashion, or how triangular the terrain (understandably) is, or how things interact idiosyncratically - ever done a book jump?

Anyway, here we post things like that in real life. It doesn't need to be real real, it can be pretend real too. Videos are preferable but pictures are fine too. Heck, maybe even audio clips, although you're probably the... vocal... minority. Ha... ha... ha... uh, sorry.

I will start with an example. This is a real real thing - even though I still personally believe he just put a Light actor inside a cubic room¹ and set its colour to green, without adding any lamp decoration or fixture to hint at a light source! Don't lie, dude, you did that in UnrealEd. You totally did.

¹ Er, sorry, I mean subtractive brush. Happy now?
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
SteadZ
Average
Personal rank: 1337

Re: Unreal Tropes in Real Life

Post by SteadZ »

Tree clipping through fence, 0/10 unrealistic level design

"The problem with dreams is... you never know when you're gonna wake up"

Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Re: Unreal Tropes in Real Life

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Hah, someone didn't check the top viewport.

Also, I wanted to carve a door at the end of this starway, but friggin' semisolid wall won't let me! Grahhhh!

"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction