ONI Konoko F Model for Unreal Tournament

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
asosed
Adept

Re: ONI Konoko F Model for Unreal Tournament

Post by asosed »

Thank you for anything.
Now, I finally can say that this skin reached the final of development and stable for playing. The planned mod like voice and sounds directly from Oni will be released as expansion mod.
And thank you for the great skin.
So, if you want to get the skin playable with custom-coded mod NewNet, then you should get help from a coder, not from me.
I know that you have nothing to do with it :)
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I was toying with possibly making a new skin for your model, when I noticed the error... and I wanted to run it by you to see if you were already aware of this and had possibly corrected it.

Your .int file:
You listed all 3 areas with the exact same label, which is causing a conflict. That should be 2 different skins in the same thing, but as you have identical labels only the 1st listed skin is working.

That top part is all of this:

That 2nd part is this...
...but because it has the same label, when you select it in game only the top part shows up.

Frankly, it's a miracle the face talk texture works at all.

In order for the middle skin, that 2nd part, to work it needs to be labeled as something different.

Oh, the voicepack issue is because the model isn't specified as "female". That's why all the selection options show the "male" voicepacks. I can see that but don't offhand know how to fix it.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:12 pm Oh, the voicepack issue is because the model isn't specified as "female". That's why all the selection options show the "male" voicepacks. I can see that but don't offhand know how to fix it.
That's because the model is a skeletal model, using the male skeleton. I don't thnk there is a fix - I'm using the OniKonokoF model and have edited the voice in the User.ini. So the fix basically is to manually edit the voice in the User.ini (or XBots ini) for the player and/or bots - something one can only do offline I assume. Using MatrixMoves and subclassing the FemaleMM player gives me a female player doll in the top right of the screen rather than the male one that you would normally get with this model.
Rikia
Experienced
Personal rank: Masterful

Post by Rikia »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:12 pm I was toying with possibly making a new skin for your model, when I noticed the error... and I wanted to run it by you to see if you were already aware of this and had possibly corrected it.

Your .int file:
You listed all 3 areas with the exact same label, which is causing a conflict. That should be 2 different skins in the same thing, but as you have identical labels only the 1st listed skin is working.

That top part is all of this:

That 2nd part is this...
...but because it has the same label, when you select it in game only the top part shows up.

Frankly, it's a miracle the face talk texture works at all.

In order for the middle skin, that 2nd part, to work it needs to be labeled as something different.

Oh, the voicepack issue is because the model isn't specified as "female". That's why all the selection options show the "male" voicepacks. I can see that but don't offhand know how to fix it.
Thank you for care, but I can't get myself fixing anything for now, because I'm horribly suffering from OCD.
I don't plan to fix this skin, because in generally it works perfect.
And the voicepacks aren't the issue, because the skeletal chars are technically males, how Ojitro reminded.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Rikia wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:33 pmThank you for care, but I can't get myself fixing anything for now, because I'm horribly suffering from OCD.
I don't plan to fix this skin, because in generally it works perfect.
I may then, take the 2nd skin out of the original and make a new .int and .utx so it plays correctly.
Rikia wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:33 pmAnd the voicepacks aren't the issue, because the skeletal chars are technically males, how Ojitro reminded.
Not a huge deal. I can manually edit actual female voice onto the skin for bot setups. Only have to copy/paste a female voice into the correct slot on the .ini file.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:12 pm Frankly, it's a miracle the face talk texture works at all.
That's down to the code - it has to be '3Face' rather than the normal 'name5name'

Code: Select all

if( Pawn(SkinActor) != None )
    Pawn(SkinActor).PlayerReplicationInfo.TalkTexture = Texture(DynamicLoadObject(SkinName$"3Face", class'Texture'));
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:52 pmThat's down to the code - it has to be '3Face' rather than the normal 'name5name'
Not what I meant.

The face has the same label on it that the 1st and 2nd skins do. Usually, as I can say from experience, that causes conflicts in other models.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:15 am Not what I meant.

The face has the same label on it that the 1st and 2nd skins do. Usually, as I can say from experience, that causes conflicts in other models.
I see what you mean. No, the talk texture doesn't need a Description - however, because of the code, it will be loaded regardless of the label/description.

The original won't work because of the identical Description but also because the skins should start with 1 and not 2 (in accordance with the code of the model and, of course, because it is a one piece texture) - the original can be fixed by slightly renaming the second set of skins, changing the 2 to to 1 and duplicating the talk texture with the new name in the skin's int file. The second set of skins in the utx would also need to be renamed accordingly and the slightly renamed talk texture added. The problem with doing all that is that there would then be a file mismatch. So creating a separate, new texture file is the best way to go.

The Description against the talk texture means it is 'read' as a face in the Player/Bot selection window but the talk texture loads OK.