Where's BeyondUnreal?

Discussions about UT99
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Where's BeyondUnreal?

Post by Hellkeeper »

Beyond Unreal is currently offline. Common occurence for the forum and the hosted sites like the UnrealWiki, but this time the whole site is unaccessible. Is anybody aware of something going on or has it finally been put to rest along with my childhood?
:???:
You must construct additional pylons.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Re: Where's BeyondUnreal?

Post by Gustavo6046 »

It is le big ded. Press F to pay respects.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Novaeon
Average

Post by Novaeon »

Does anyone have a mirror available for the unrealEd wiki they hosted? I tried several times to download it off their site when it was still up, but the links were dead whenever I tried.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman

Post by Hellkeeper »

Dr.Flay wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:49 am Image
That's a relief.
Novaeon wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:33 pm Does anyone have a mirror available for the unrealEd wiki they hosted? I tried several times to download it off their site when it was still up, but the links were dead whenever I tried.
Hyper.nl has a backup, but I don't know when it was made and at what point in time it stopped, though I believe it didn't change too much these last years.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

BU was kinda dead for most UT, although they had weekly UT3 matches which they made into videos that were fun to watch.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Hellkeeper wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:40 pm Hyper.nl has a backup, but I don't know when it was made and at what point in time it stopped, though I believe it didn't change too much these last years.
Yep... and the same OUTDATED, INCOMPLETE and even FALSE info. Right now I was looking what they said at Bot Pathing... lol :loool: the same ramp myths and ZERO explanations or points at reachspecs which are the BASE of navigation and not "Pickup". Pickup is a kidnapper not a NavigationPoint, it has (OR NOT) an InventorySpot which is like a PathNode and not Pickup itself... Pickups without InventorySpots are Nothing for processing navigation...
IdioticWiki wrote: No farther then 300 to 350 on steps and ramps
Lies ! Fake News ! Premature Alzheimer ! This only loads processing for ZERO purposes.
This is a logic geometry issue with PathNode's collision cylinder during placement vs Bot's Collision Cylinder - put Nodes lowered with 15-18 units or more in ramps and you can use even 650-700 without a single problem. Then... what if I say that I have even 1400 UU longer paths on a mountain ? If you don't believe me then do an experiment in a 800 UU ramp using a combo Le-Lc at bottom and Le as exit/entry on top and placed properly over ground for being "taken".

Code: Select all

class NavigationPoint extends Actor
	native;
var() bool taken; //set when a creature is occupying this spot
//English to English Translation: When Location X,Y,Z of the Node is "INSIDE" creature's cylinder arrived here, just like that.
var() int upstreamPaths[16];
var() int Paths[16]; //index of reachspecs (used by C++ Navigation code)
// 2020: And even primitive UScript functions happily written by sektor2111 as longs as it can be accessed from there and aren't constants, for making corrections to your abominations
Hellkeeper
Inhuman

Post by Hellkeeper »

sektor2111 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:00 am
Hellkeeper wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:40 pm Hyper.nl has a backup, but I don't know when it was made and at what point in time it stopped, though I believe it didn't change too much these last years.
Yep... and the same OUTDATED, INCOMPLETE and even FALSE info. Right now I was looking what they said at Bot Pathing... lol :loool: the same ramp myths and ZERO explanations or points at reachspecs which are the BASE of navigation and not "Pickup". Pickup is a kidnapper not a NavigationPoint, it has (OR NOT) an InventorySpot which is like a PathNode and not Pickup itself... Pickups without InventorySpots are Nothing for processing navigation...
IdioticWiki wrote: No farther then 300 to 350 on steps and ramps
Lies ! Fake News ! Premature Alzheimer ! This only loads processing for ZERO purposes.
This is a logic geometry issue with PathNode's collision cylinder during placement vs Bot's Collision Cylinder - put Nodes lowered with 15-18 units or more in ramps and you can use even 650-700 without a single problem. Then... what if I say that I have even 1400 UU longer paths on a mountain ? If you don't believe me then do an experiment in a 800 UU ramp using a combo Le-Lc at bottom and Le as exit/entry on top and placed properly over ground for being "taken".

Code: Select all

class NavigationPoint extends Actor
	native;
var() bool taken; //set when a creature is occupying this spot
//English to English Translation: When Location X,Y,Z of the Node is "INSIDE" creature's cylinder arrived here, just like that.
var() int upstreamPaths[16];
var() int Paths[16]; //index of reachspecs (used by C++ Navigation code)
// 2020: And even primitive UScript functions happily written by sektor2111 as longs as it can be accessed from there and aren't constants, for making corrections to your abominations
I don't know why you're posting this here. Why not change the wiki instead of posting away on an obscure thread which will be forgotten in 2 monthes?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Okay, I promise that I won't quote these wreck-type informations. When outdated Wiki-s are out, I think I intend to applause... :mrgreen: at least new mapper won't learn dumb content while these are out :lol2: . I was expecting from pro masters to update these based on a well written language but... even protecting these places is a hard task... as it is demonstrated X times.

For wiki seekers
My advice is decompiling/exporting all uc classes, they (uc classes) have remarks - Wiki is written the mostly based on those remarks, and it doesn't look like has more additional info based on natives. The rest is... tutorials and more or less working and experimenting alone, using "log" function and all that stuff.
Dennis
Average

Post by Dennis »

Novaeon wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:33 pm Does anyone have a mirror available for the unrealEd wiki they hosted? I tried several times to download it off their site when it was still up, but the links were dead whenever I tried.
I have an old copy of their "offline wiki" dated 11-05-2014. It's 61 mb in filesize, so I don't know how to send it as it's too large to attach here or to send by e-mail. I've unzipped it and tried to surf in it, it seems broken on todays hardware/software when I enter from the index.php page, but maybe I just got to install some patch software to make my windows backwards compatible? When I look into the directories of the wiki all the articles looks intact and in (some kind) of logic order.
Fraggers hangout place: http://fraggers.online/