Nephew's models

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Nephew's models

Post by EvilGrins »

Many of us over the years have been waiting patiently (not that we had any choice) for Nephew to release his models. We've all seen the threads, of these amazing models he has, but he NEVER released anything.

Well, he might've released those U2 Skaarj models, but that was about it.

Tail end of 2020 I reached out to Nephew and asked about them, he told me he hadn't been doing anything with ut99 in years... but he went through his old stuff and finally gave them to me.

He said they might need some work, and I intended to go through them and then release them to everyone else... but life has been hectic of late.

So, here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5juacvvr ... -betas.rar

Original thread · viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3611
Attachments
znClip0001.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Nephew's models

Post by OjitroC »

That's brilliant - thanks for getting hold of and posting those :tu:

Some hours of fun ahead checking those out!

A few detailed comments for anyone interested
Spoiler
1) Asuka (certainly, according to the readme I have) and Anarki (probably) are not by him - they've been around for a long time
2) There's a few miscellaneous skins in the archive, not skins for the models included though probably worth checking out (skins for Cobra, Dire, Ranger, Riot Girrl, Male Soldier, Vee and Visor) - plus a couple of non-skin utx files
3) Unfortunately there's no .u file for Xenoid
4) Red2k4.u isn't a model but what looks like a red shockproj for UT2k4
5) Running AeonFlux's animations in UEd's MeshViewer crashes the Editor so using it in-game could crash the game - I've tried 12 or so more of the models and they're OK - best to try them in the MeshViewer before using them anywhere else
6) There's two or three missing .int files but easy enough to write one's own
Small update to comments - thus far in 'testing' the models (in umodel and the MeshViewer in UEd), AeonFlux, Coronel, Dagi, DarkReaper and Drakx crash the MeshViewer and, hence, UEd in both 436 and 469 when running the animations (that's running (ALL) but not when running each animation group separately) - I don't know that there is necessarily anything wrong with the models but would simply urge caution in using them.

Follow up to the previous comment - I tried Drakx.DrakxBot and then AeonFlux.AeonFluxBot in games for 10 minutes or so without any issues - so there may well not be a problem with these model - just something to watch out for.

Unfortunately the latter model, though of a female character, is actually a male bot with male sounds (though these can be edited for one's own use) and with the male player icon, etc. Again just something to note. This may apply as well to the other female models though I haven't checked that.

All the Half Life conversions are missing the Flip animation sequence as reported by the log.
Nephew9999
Adept

Post by Nephew9999 »

hey sorry about that.. i mean the beta buggy models if any other file is missing, let me know or contact evilgrins.. when i can answer his mps. ill share all files you need to fix them and use them correctly.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Nephew9999 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:42 pm hey sorry about that.. i mean the beta buggy models if any other file is missing, let me know or contact evilgrins.. when i can answer his mps. ill share all files you need to fix them and use them correctly.
Thanks for sharing those models with EG and hence with the rest of us.

The only major missing file is the u file for Xenoid so it would be good if you have that. There are a few missing int files but they're not really a problem.

TBH personally I haven't done much with the models as yet beyond look at quite a few in UEd's MeshBrowser and try two briefly in a game - so I don't really know how buggy they are - I know some crash the Editor but they seem to work OK in-game.
Nephew9999
Adept

Post by Nephew9999 »

OjitroC wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:30 pm
Nephew9999 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:42 pm hey sorry about that.. i mean the beta buggy models if any other file is missing, let me know or contact evilgrins.. when i can answer his mps. ill share all files you need to fix them and use them correctly.
Thanks for sharing those models with EG and hence with the rest of us.

The only major missing file is the u file for Xenoid so it would be good if you have that. There are a few missing int files but they're not really a problem.

TBH personally I haven't done much with the models as yet beyond look at quite a few in UEd's MeshBrowser and try two briefly in a game - so I don't really know how buggy they are - I know some crash the Editor but they seem to work OK in-game.
let me know if ts the wrong file... but im sure its ok
Attachments
Xenoid.zip
(251.27 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Nephew9999 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:24 pm let me know if ts the wrong file... but im sure its ok
Yes, looks OK - thanks for that :tu:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:30 pmThanks for sharing those models with EG and hence with the rest of us.
Not just the rest of "us".

As with many gripes we all share, people in lots of forums that're not here also complain of there never being any new stuff.

So, I shared these models to a few other forums.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758