?Near-Future/Cyberpunk Weapon Replacer Mods?

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
John Cleese
Novice

?Near-Future/Cyberpunk Weapon Replacer Mods?

Post by John Cleese »

Looking for some semi-realistic near-future or cyberpunk style weapons.
I'm thinking about Deus Ex, Ghost in the Shell, Cyberpunk2077, etc. style weapons to replace the default weapons with.
Does anyone know of any?
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: ?Near-Future/Cyberpunk Weapon Replacer Mods?

Post by OjitroC »

You could try Neo Cairo, Psi, Weapons Factory, Rampancy or Legacy - perhaps even U4E, Night's Edge or Marathon.

Some of these are more than just weapons mods (and include new gametypes, new pawns, map etc, etc) - the files can be found on the main UT files archives.
John Cleese
Novice

Post by John Cleese »

Thanks! That list is really helpful! Nights Edge's weapons are really close to what I am looking for. Though I was hoping for a bit more of a near-future look.
I might have to learn to mod it, or keep looking for something similar to it. Either way thanks for the help!

If anyone else knows of any others I'd still like to hear them!
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

You could also check out Spatial Fear (futuristic), Operation Stingray (this has a mixture of real-life and futuristic weapons), Nightmare Realms and Insurrection. Also UTron (some work, some don't).

THE major weapons mod is, of course, Nali Weapons but I assume you are familiar with this.

The other major weapons mods that I have in my StuffSwapper can be categorized as :

'Real Life' - Infiltration, Perfect Dark, Covert Forces, AgentX, Counter Strike (several versions), Front Line Assault (WWII weapons), Combat Zone, Defence Alliance, BRUT (modified and extended CS weapons)
Other Games - Doom, Quake3, Uweaponway2k4 (UT2k4 weapons), SiN2UT
Quasi UT/Unreal - Chaos, Nali Chronicles, PSX/Unweapons, SevenB/XIdia, Savage Lands [all a mixture of UT/Unreal weapons and other weapons, some of which are futuristic - all interesting] + Melt Weapons (mainly UT/Unreal weapons, some with different futuristic 1st person meshes)
'Old' - Havian (bows, crossbows, etc)
Other - Zenith, Nanoblack

You can skim through the files on ModDB and see if there is anything else.

A note of caution - some weapons don't work well or at all outside their gametype or without the relevant mutator - Strike Force is one example, it requires a keybind for reloading. Also Jungle Warfare, the Infiltration weapons (as opposed to the InfiltrationUT weapons which work fine) and Serpentine.
John Cleese
Novice

Post by John Cleese »

Wow awesome thanks for the detailed writeup!! I'm going to start looking into all of these! :D
Blade hunter
Average
Personal rank: Mod Dude

Post by Blade hunter »

This is quite unfortunate that the sin2UT project never went into a final release.
It uses the SMG, the machinegun, shotgun, rocket launcher, sniper, the pistol and there is still many placeholders. Unfortunately I'm still unable to put weapons into UE1 games like UT or Deus Ex.
Actually Night's Edge is the only one who fits the whole criteria, but mods like Operation Stingray, Agent X, Night's Edge, Combat Zone, Sin2UT with a proper mixture, you might get into something.
I always wondered why no deus ex weapon were ported to UT because the ones of UT were ported to DX.
Also Deus Ex doesn't have many weapon mods and very few of them have actual models.

To be fair and honest you will be more lucky with UT2004 and Ballistic weapons Which features a whole bunch of any theme weapons such as western, sci fi, futiristic and more classical weapons with a certain degree of customization.
Besides the community is still active and pulling out new weapons including cyberpunk themed stuff.