Rocket Arena missing Index.unr file

Discussions about UT99
Dr_Boo
Novice

Rocket Arena missing Index.unr file

Post by Dr_Boo »

Error message when trying to run Rocket Arena stating I am missing the Index.unr file. is this file supposed to be in the maps folder, and would anyone be willing to send me the file? Greatly appreciated to anyone that can help!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Rocket Arena missing Index.unr file

Post by OjitroC »

There isn't an actual 'Index.unr' - it could be a problem with the location of the RA maps or with how the gametype is set up. Best thing to do is to post that part of the UnrealTournament.Log that shows the error.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I think you have these in UnrealTournament.ini file:

Code: Select all

[URL]
Protocol=unreal
ProtocolDescription=Unreal Protocol
Name=Player
Map=Index.unr
LocalMap=UT-Exo-Map.unr
Host=
Portal=
MapExt=unr
SaveExt=usa
Can you see Index map where is called ? Replace it with anything else from map folder (do a backup first, copied elsewhere and edit file using a text editing tool), go figure what's happening...
Either way look at log file generated, search for any potential error-type messages, like OjitroC said above...

Note: Whatever original game-server 436 version provided by Epic will never start in default setup exactly for such reason - there is no file in maps folder but defined in INI and said server it's just loop-crashing...
Dr_Boo
Novice

Post by Dr_Boo »

Hoping to spend some time with this today. Appreciate very much all the help ad suggestions. I'll post here if I sort it out.

=MERGED=

Did as you said and RA now launches to the new map I specified. Thank you!
sektor2111 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:03 pm I think you have these in UnrealTournament.ini file:

Code: Select all

[URL]
Protocol=unreal
ProtocolDescription=Unreal Protocol
Name=Player
Map=Index.unr
LocalMap=UT-Exo-Map.unr
Host=
Portal=
MapExt=unr
SaveExt=usa
Can you see Index map where is called ? Replace it with anything else from map folder (do a backup first, copied elsewhere and edit file using a text editing tool), go figure what's happening...
Either way look at log file generated, search for any potential error-type messages, like OjitroC said above...

Note: Whatever original game-server 436 version provided by Epic will never start in default setup exactly for such reason - there is no file in maps folder but defined in INI and said server it's just loop-crashing...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Dr_Boo wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:47 pm...
Please avoid double posts within a 24 hour limit if no one has answered after you.
You can edit your post to add new content.