[solved] How play U1 in UT'99 with OldSkool Amp'd?

Discussions about everything else
Ubir4
Adept

[solved] How play U1 in UT'99 with OldSkool Amp'd?

Post by Ubir4 »

ello everyone, first.

How to install the unreal gold single player in the unreal tournament '99 using oldschool? How to copy files or which folders and files to copy from unreal1? Or if it's a downloadable pack?
Last edited by Ubir4 on Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: How play U1 in UT'99 with OldSkool Amp'd?

Post by OjitroC »

Are you looking for Return to Na Pali (RTNP)? This is the original Unreal campaign, plus ten new levels, converted to UT - see here.
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

this have all 2 campains? U1 and U:RTN?

Edit:

because if you try, even with RTN, to run the game. I get the error message vortex.unr not founded. If I copy all the folders of the u1 pro ut, it is likely to give an error, right? So how do I do it?

EDIT2:

Answers to a few of your questions:

- You only need to copy the maps and music from Unreal to UT. The rest of Unreal's assets are already in there.
- The fanmade patch is 227 for Unreal, not UT, but can be download from OldUnreal.com. You will also find improved renderers for UT at OldUnreal.
- You need Bonus Packs 1-4 if you have UT standard edition, or just Bonus Pack 4 if you have UT GOTY edition.
- S3TC is a renderer setting that uses the high-res textures on UT's second disc. Not every Unreal/UT texture has a high-res equivalent, though.
- Oldskool is included in the download of many of the large custom SP packs, including ONP, Xidia Gold and Deja Vu. Beware Legacy, though, as it installs an older version.

font: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?t=1625&p=34159
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

I've just tried it - to run in the Original Unreal Campaign in UT (from the RTNP menu) you will need to copy vortex2.unr from Unreal Gold. Then the Original Unreal will start OK - RTNP starts OK anyway.

Once you've copied vortex2 you can also run the Unreal campaign from OldSkool - so up to you really which you use.
Ubir4
Adept

Re: [solved] How play U1 in UT'99 with OldSkool Amp'd?

Post by Ubir4 »

If I want to put RTN in the old skool amp'd menu, or shortcut keys for quicksave and quickload in Return to Na Pali (RTNP) how do I do it?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

For the shortcut keys - with the RTNP Ultimate Edition menu enabled, in UT's in-game menu at the top of the screen go to Options -> Preferences -> Controls and scroll down past Controls and Weapons until you come to Useful - there you will see boxes to assign keys for quicksave and quickload. You can if you want assign keys to any of the actions etc that you want.

I don't think you can put RTNPUE in the oldskool menu as such as it has its own menu and it uses oldskool. In the oldskool menu you could click on Custom Maps and then click on the first map of the RTNP campaign and that should start it. Ending one map should then take you to the next map in the campaign.

It's probably best to run RTNPUE from the RTNPUE menu - RTNPUE has its own save location and if you save a RTNPUE map in oldskool it will be saved elsewhere (the same goes for loading already saved maps).
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

Very Very Solved . Thank's for the Return to Na Pali (RTNP) OjitroC you are beautiful...