Renderer lighting issue

Discussions about UT99
OjitroC
Godlike

Renderer lighting issue

Post by OjitroC »

Im running 469b (release) but that's not the central issue - I'm interested in what I see in the following screenshots (which are all a bit darker than what I actually see in game)

This is what I see in 469b using OpenGL or D3D9
469OGL.jpg

However using EXUOpenGL I see this
469EXUOGL.jpg

As a comparison in 436 with OpenGL I see this
436OGL.jpg

Presumably I should not be seeing the light 'cone'? If not, is there a particular setting in OpenGL and D3D9 that I need to alter? (I can't compare the OpenGL/D3D9 settings with the EXUOpenGL settings as the latter has not written any to the UT ini - I also presume that it is not a map specific issue though I've not checked that yet).
f7r
Experienced

Re: Renderer lighting issue

Post by f7r »

go to the preferences, change any value in EXUOpenGL setting and its section will appear in ini
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I think the light cones were not appearing for a different reason. So that would be the issue. It might even be the mapper's fault!

One way or the other, it's definitely worth investigating.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:25 am I think the light cones were not appearing for a different reason. So that would be the issue. It might even be the mapper's fault!

One way or the other, it's definitely worth investigating.
So should I see light cones or not? Presumably not. What might be the reason they don't appear in 469b with EXUOpenGL or in 436 with OpenGL (it's more complicated in 451 as they appear with D3D9 but not with OpenGL or vice versa, I can't remember which)? How do I investigate it?
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

OjitroC wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:31 am So should I see light cones or not? Presumably not. What might be the reason they don't appear in 469b with EXUOpenGL or in 436 with OpenGL (it's more complicated in 451 as they appear with D3D9 but not with OpenGL or vice versa, I can't remember which)? How do I investigate it?
Yes, they are known decoration actors.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction