XC criticals in XC_MH

kaneder
Novice

XC criticals in XC_MH

Post by kaneder »

I thought this was really interesting (not a dev or a programmer so I figured it might be useful to those that are) I got this error while playing around with the movementlocator2 mutator. I managed to recreate the crash again and again and the only reason was that the mutator was active. Just cycling through mutators to see if they're compatible with xc_mh. I typically only use NW3 Gore & Bastard Sword, but thought I'd see what else works and doesn't.

I should say that I'm using xc_25b for version 469b & XC_MonsterHunt_1_02 on Windows 10

Code: Select all

Log: Log file open, 05/06/21 16:04:49
Critical: FCollisionHash::ActorLineCheck
Critical: CheckWithActors
Critical: ULevel::MultiLineCheck
Critical: ULevel::Trace
Critical: AXC_Engine_Actor::execNavigationActors
Critical: UObject::ProcessEvent
Critical: (XC_Engine_Actor MH-Lonely][.XC_Engine_Actor0, Function XC_Engine.XC_Engine_Actor.FindPathToward_Event)
Critical: RouteMapperEvent
Critical: UXC_CoreStatics::MapRoutes
Critical: UXC_CoreStatics::execMapRoutes
Critical: (MH-Lonely][.Titan0 Engine.Pawn.FindPathToward)
Critical: AXC_Engine_Actor::GNativeScriptWrapper
Critical: (MH-Lonely][.Titan0 UnrealShare.ScriptedPawn.FindBestPathToward)
Critical: (MH-Lonely][.Titan0 UnrealShare.ScriptedPawn.Hunting.PickDestination)
Critical: AActor::ProcessState
Critical: Object Titan MH-Lonely][.Titan0, Old State State UnrealShare.ScriptedPawn.Hunting, New State State UnrealShare.ScriptedPawn.Hunting
Critical: AActor::Tick
Critical: TickAllActors
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=0)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: UXC_GameEngine::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: MainLoop
Last edited by kaneder on Fri May 07, 2021 2:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: XC_ & MovementLocator II

Post by sektor2111 »

Which XC version are you using ?
kaneder
Novice

Re: XC_ & MovementLocator II

Post by kaneder »

sektor2111 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:14 pm Which XC version are you using ?
Sorry forgot to add: 25b for 469b
Windows

I didn't want to keep making threads for my errors so I changed the title of this one, here's a new one below: this happens every time the first generator is destroyed on MH-AirportTerror(SB). I tried searching for similar errors but was having a hard time.

Log: Log file open, 05/06/21 21:30:42
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Assertion failed: ThisActor->IsValid() [File:UnLevAct.cpp] [Line: 220]
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: XC criticals in XC_MH

Post by sektor2111 »

So 469 + XC25b and EventChain LevelHook and all those adds are just pain in run-time, good to know...
I'm happy about myself as I do have a good prediction of things taking decision to not update anything at this new patch and new XC. All my work will fly on Window...
Here I see that "TheScout" boy was there for a short time mapping new paths. It was colliding with a Titan "hunter", and I see a similar to a typical Teleporter crash scenario. Engine unable to manage their locations, perhaps because "TheScout" or whatever it was, has been removed shortly but... Titan was not happy about the ghost which has just gone. I had my feelings here right when I saw codes without to even check maps. First thing which I did was removing all this stuff.

I'm currently using a server 440 + XCGE24b and UScript part of XC is rewritten and configurable.
Disabled EventChain, LevelHook, CollisionHook, mainly all adds. If I want something different, I'll do that on my way and not generic codes for all maps.

That assertion crash stuff it looks known to me since version 451b. It seems like nothing is changed or... some lousy thing calls the function with empty parameter, perhaps another bDeleteMe funky stuff or a deal with a deleted actor...

In my humile opinion regarding to this Paths-Mapper-Scout I think it should never be vanished. It is needed to keep it safe, "decollided" and moved elsewhere. When an event calls new paths, Scout should get into stage, doing the job and moved back home, never destroying it. It's the last thing wanted to deal with a deleted Pawn. It's UE1 and nothing more. Easier way - removing all these "enhancements".
kaneder
Novice

Post by kaneder »

sektor2111 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:26 am Disabled EventChain, LevelHook, CollisionHook, mainly all adds. If I want something different, I'll do that on my way and not generic codes for all maps.
To be honest I’m not smart enough to understand what these three things are or when they’re going to be needed down the road. But I’ll disable them and keep playing. As for that MH-AirportTerror, It’s lost cause for now? I’ll quarantine it and move forward.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Perhaps Higor wants to explain more about these XC assets and their mitigation for preventing a crash.

Now I think I need to re-write these XC Uscript parts for latest XC things - because they have to be configurable as I asked for ages but it seems like I'm yelling at clouds.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:26 amFirst thing which I did was removing all this stuff.
Is there something wrong with the map MH-AirportTerror(SB)? Let me know and I'll fix it.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Perhaps this is not the only map where "Paths-Mapper" it's crashing...
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:15 pm Perhaps this is not the only map where "Paths-Mapper" it's crashing...
Well, is is a map problem or a problem of "Paths-Mapper"?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
kaneder
Novice

Post by kaneder »

Barbie wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:38 pm
sektor2111 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:15 pm Perhaps this is not the only map where "Paths-Mapper" it's crashing...
Well, is is a map problem or a problem of "Paths-Mapper"?
For what it's worth I disabled 'EventChain, LevelHook, & CollisionHook' and I no longer have the crash. I know that's not a solution to the main issue but it works for me. Now bots are trying to get through a door that won't open in the tunnels, but this is the first time I've played this map I'm just happy it lets me continue on :)

edit: & also fixed my crash with the movementlocator mutator; should i be worried with these off?
Last edited by kaneder on Fri May 07, 2021 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

When LandsOfNapali worked somehow without "adds" I definitely removed adds and reconstructing path-net in run-time as shown in that "OMG" topic where I was "talking crap" but real facts with public evidences in MGS server, not stories from those unable to link FlagBases correctly.
kaneder
Novice

Post by kaneder »

On top of Tower 2 on MH-TwinTower(SB)

ScriptLog: MH-TwinTower(SB).TMale28 client damage type Burned by MH-TwinTower(SB).Gasbag27
XC_Engine: === Last line repeats 4 times.
Warning: !! AmbientSound Botpack.Redeemer.WarFly finished playing.
XC_Engine: === Last line repeats 3 times.
ScriptLog: MH-TwinTower(SB).TMale28 client damage type Fell by None
Warning: !! AmbientSound MH-TwinTower(SB).OneShot.Telephone finished playing.
XC_Engine: === Last line repeats 2 times.
Critical: FLightManager::SetupForSurf
Critical: URender::DrawFrame
Critical: URender::DrawWorld
Critical: UGameEngine::Draw
Critical: UWindowsViewport::Repaint
Critical: UWindowsClient::Tick
Critical: ClientTick
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: UXC_GameEngine::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: MainLoop
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Init: Registering Mouse for RawInput.
Init: RawInput Devices registered.
Exit: Cluster shut down after error.
Log: DirectDraw End Mode
Exit: UOpenGLRenderDevice::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Log: Log file closed, 05/07/21 20:16:05
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Crashs with
kaneder wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:31 amMH-AirportTerror(SB)
MH-TwinTower(SB)
Maybe something is wrong with your UT installation? Does the version of XC_engine fits to the version of UT?
I have never had problems with these maps nor I heard such from others.
kaneder
Novice

Post by kaneder »

Barbie wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:56 am Crashs with
kaneder wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:31 amMH-AirportTerror(SB)
MH-TwinTower(SB)
Maybe something is wrong with your UT installation? Does the version of XC_engine fits to the version of UT?
I have never had problems with these maps nor I heard such from others.
Maybe, trying to help, if it helps to report. I used XC_Engine_Full_25b with XC_MonsterHunt_1_02 on 469b. Haven't used XC before yesterday and never played these maps outside of XC, just trying it out and so far only a few crashes here and there, trying to understand them and maybe narrow down a cause.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Last thing which I see in crash posted is a common rendering crash having nothing to do with any XC thing but having everything with map's surfaces.