XC criticals in XC_MH

kaneder
Novice

Re: XC criticals in XC_MH

Post by kaneder »

sektor2111 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:22 am Last thing which I see in crash posted is a common rendering crash having nothing to do with any XC thing but having everything with map's surfaces.
I’ll tweak my opengl settings
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

kaneder wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:31 am On top of Tower 2 on MH-TwinTower(SB)

Code: Select all

Warning: !! AmbientSound Botpack.Redeemer.WarFly finished playing.
Warning: !! AmbientSound MH-TwinTower(SB).OneShot.Telephone finished playing.
This is a 469b 'issue' - a debug message that wasn't removed in the latest patch, according to Anth on GitHub.

If you want to narrow down the cause of the crashes, don't you need to know that the maps work OK on your system in 436 with an 'ordinary' MH and in 469b with with an 'ordinary' MH, and then play them with 469b + XC/XC_monsterhunt? Also that way you'll have a better idea of 'where' the various log entries come from?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Right now I'm not sure if I need to look at map what is about, I'm working at other things right in this moment, but I can draw a few conclusions.

This good man it's not like me, he using a "recent" OS, Windows 10. And ? And by trying to use XC_Engine in default configuration and UT 469b he went in similar issues like with 436 and XC and not different from Windows XP, Windows 7 (CollisionGrid, Level Hook, EventChain, whatever). Now draw conclusions about what is when and when is what - nothing changed, CODES seem that are having the same bugged format.
Reality is you can use XC_Engine but not how it's coming from factory, it needs a few cuts otherwise it does issues at user when it has activated all power. Why ? Because certain things weren't finished in v24 and they don't seem finished neither in v25b. These are are direct action motivating me strongly to not longer move anything for NavAdder any more - more patch plugins more exactly all XC based stuff - it was entertaining that I could make bad maps to work flawless - I feel like it was a waste of time.

I'm not going to talk what was about when I was compiling my "Paths Builder" and how many times I got a Token D5 crash even if code was compiled with zero errors (because I could not compile all codes - even original ones) and so I need to use stock instead of "fancy" iterators delivered with whistles and bells - Editor Environment in stage. At least I got it operational...
I moved codes in "keypoints", I delivered subclasses called from builder, all I got was crash after crash. At least iterators which are not having native numbers are working - ReachSpecs handlers more exactly, the rest are just plain useless for Editor even if were supposed to not increase iterations count - I have no use of them. Other bad news are that in XC thread is all quiet for months. I can only use what it's working skipping all latest adds.

As summary: You can use XC and 469 or whatever 436 440 but first it needs some polishing and pain before happiness.