◄►469 Patch Discussions◄►

Discussions about UT99
jani

Re: ◄► Unreal Tournament v469b Patch Release ◄►

Post by jani »

Turns out it was some weird issue with MATE desktop environment and i'm not sure exactly what was it. Everything works fine in full screen using xfce.
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

I canot strafe to left and right installed version 469b patch. :(
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

rjmno1 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:29 am I canot strafe to left and right installed version 469b patch. :(
That is odd. :? I have the patch and I can strafe just fine. Did you check your key binds? Your user.ini? What operating system?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

rjmno1 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:29 am I canot strafe to left and right installed version 469b patch. :(
See also cannot rotate in v469b. Strange.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
rjmno1
Masterful

Post by rjmno1 »

TankBeef wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:44 am
That is odd. :? I have the patch and I can strafe just fine. Did you check your key binds? Your user.ini? What operating system?
os windows 10 latest patches updates.Mine machine i5 intel 9600k with 24 gb mem,built in videocard who comes with the prosessor.
checked the ini all settings are all good.ini uploaded.
Barbie you are the best.you solved a problem.Strafe still not working can you fix that also?
double post please delete underneath message papercoffee.It was not for purpose.
Attachments
UnrealTournament.rar
(5.43 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
Last edited by rjmno1 on Mon May 31, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

rjmno1 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:05 pm os windows 10 latest patches updates.Mine machine i5 intel 9600k with 24 gb mem,built in videocard who comes with the prosessor.
Ok, rjmno1, I downloaded your file. I warn you first, I don't consider myself an expert, but...some things I am seeing:
1-The unrealtournament.ini you uploaded has FirstRun=436. I have the patch and I get FirstRun=469. If you upgraded correctly, you should see "Version 469b Release" on top right corner of main screen. Please check that first.
2-You uploaded only the "unrealtournament.ini", there is also the "user.ini" with the key binds, among other things. Did you check if the strafe binds are correct?
3-Unrelated, I know, but...you should consider changing the Cachesizemegs to at least 256. It helps with performance.

Ok, please check and let me know.

EDIT: I insist on the keybinds, because players usually rebind from the default, which is the arrow keys, not the more common WASD, or whatever you use. Please check.
rjmno1
Masterful

Post by rjmno1 »

TankBeef wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:23 pm
rjmno1 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:05 pm os windows 10 latest patches updates.Mine machine i5 intel 9600k with 24 gb mem,built in videocard who comes with the prosessor.
Ok, rjmno1, I downloaded your file. I warn you first, I don't consider myself an expert, but...some things I am seeing:
1-The unrealtournament.ini you uploaded has FirstRun=436. I have the patch and I get FirstRun=469. If you upgraded correctly, you should see "Version 469b Release" on top right corner of main screen. Please check that first.
2-You uploaded only the "unrealtournament.ini", there is also the "user.ini" with the key binds, among other things. Did you check if the strafe binds are correct?
3-Unrelated, I know, but...you should consider changing the Cachesizemegs to at least 256. It helps with performance.

Ok, please check and let me know.

EDIT: I insist on the keybinds, because players usually rebind from the default, which is the arrow keys, not the more common WASD, or whatever you use. Please check.
I think barbie already solved the problem i just installed the patch and everything is working right now.So i hope that the 469b patch is bug free now maby need some litle tweak higor and barbie and sektor 2111knows what todo.
But Everything is working fine now.I even think that i have a bether screen atlast it looks bether than the original ut99.
Problem solved i think.Thank you barbie :gj:It was indeed the original ini without the patch.
Thanks for the quick respons tankbeef.
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Last time a few "oldskol" players were complaining about a few sudden connection issues, they have been dropped out of game. After trying to explain that issues are not related to servers because servers are the same, nothing was added or removed in lasts weeks, I went to investigate logs for figuring what's going on - Servers mainly 451b.
Whenever a player or two have used 469 and they went out for some reason (ending game-play, not knowing some password, kicked, a mismatch issue, an error, etc) when their connection has closed in next moment ALL Active Sockets were closed - IpDrv in stage.
Perhaps not all players are happy to be thrown out because a 469 is leaving game and when that socket is closed, all sockets are closed. And NO, 469 Is Not Ready and Stable and so I won't update my client. Networking in 469 is triggering a sort of issue a la UTPG which now is frustrating and everyone is asking what's going on. Yes, this is a 451b issues caused or brought at surface by 469.

Code: Select all

DevNet: Connection timed out after 15.000000 seconds (69.032280)
DevNet: Connection timed out after 15.000000 seconds (69.082504)
XC_Engine: === Last line repeats 2 times.
DevNet: Connection timed out after 15.000000 seconds (69.407478)
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection43 05/25/21 11:42:13
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection31 05/25/21 11:42:13
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection30 05/25/21 11:42:13
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection28 05/25/21 11:42:13
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection27 05/25/21 11:42:13
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection21 05/25/21 11:42:13
DevNet: Recovered from extra data received after socket close: x.x.x.x:53098
DevNet: Recovered from extra data received after socket close: x.x.x.x:61145
DevNet: Recovered from extra data received after socket close: x.x.x.x:62997
XC_Engine: === Last line repeats 3 times.
DevNet: Recovered from extra data received after socket close: x.x.x.x:54648
NSC: [NSC-SYS] APlayer has left the server.
NSC: [NSC-SYS] APlayer1 has left the server.
NSC: [NSC-SYS] APlayer2 has left the server.
NSC: [NSC-SYS] APlayer3 has left the server.
NSC: [NSC-SYS] APlayer4 has left the server.
DevNet: Recovered from extra data received after socket close: x.x.x.x:55071
XC_Engine: === Last line repeats 4 times.
DevNet: Recovered from extra data received after socket close: x.x.x.x:55071
I cut addresses because of some GDPR, which is not private data because Internet is public not private and because log was too long for a forum post... :sad2:
If you ask if is not somehow a network problem I'll tell you to talk at walls. I was connected at server through VNC, while my connection was stable and smoother I could see when all players were dropped from game - only from game and not other connections so it's nothing wrong at networking outside of UT. Last time I played normally at NfoServers and all game was a charm at 145-160 ms overseas, I'm in Europe and server is located in USA using my 436 XC client.
How to solve problem ? Oh well, perhaps it's time for a ServerNetworkFix because of the new "patch" - it's what I already told before when I was called a dick... :sleep: while I did nothing damaging to UT. Let me know if you have a solution - EXCEPT UPDATING SERVERS :wth: .

Recommend me a manual with server settings supporting 469 players without to affect the rest of players by closing their connections.
rjmno1 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:21 pm So i hope that the 469b patch is bug free now maby need some litle tweak higor and barbie and sektor 2111knows what todo.
Probably I know what to do... Building a list with 469 players and firewall-ing them right in machine policies before to open any UT connection. Their connections are damaging for everyone already connected ruining their fun. Perhaps I'll use something from forum "UtLogin2" if memory doesn't cheat me in order to figure which ones are going to be firewall-ed. You can imagine that I got really tired of questions related to sudden issues which are not my doing.
Eternity
Skilled

Post by Eternity »

Attempt to connect to some of v451b XC_Engine servers using v469b client causes client crash with c0000005 exception almost immediately. With else v451b XC_Engine servers this crash doesn't happen.

This means there is some specific factor existing in those particular v451b XC_Engine servers that in combination with v469b client results in client crash.
This issue must get investigated and if proven that it is not a server-side problem, must get reported in v469 bugtracker.
rjmno1
Masterful

Post by rjmno1 »

Well i saw already a 469b server online.Btw that game looks realy good.those textures are very good. :tu:
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I wasn't talking about 469 servers.
rjmno1
Masterful

Post by rjmno1 »

Other players are loosing connections.its strange but something is not good within the files of the new patch.Thats what you ment sector.
Maby the master servers are not working correctly because of the new patch.
It has something todo with this i think.Maby the master server.
[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
AllowDownloads=True
ConnectionTimeout=15.0
InitialConnectTimeout=300.0
AckTimeout=1.0
KeepAliveTime=0.2
MaxClientRate=20000
SimLatency=0
RelevantTimeout=5.0
SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
ServerTravelPause=4.0
NetServerMaxTickRate=20
LanServerMaxTickRate=35
DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload
DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload
MaxConnPerIPPerMinute=5
LogMaxConnPerIPPerMin=False
AllowPlayerPortUnreach=True
LogPortUnreach=False
MaxFileDownloadRate=-1
straight from the ini
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

sektor2111 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:45 amProbably I know what to do... Building a list with 469 players and firewall-ing them right in machine policies before to open any UT connection. Their connections are damaging for everyone already connected ruining their fun. Perhaps I'll use something from forum "UtLogin2" if memory doesn't cheat me in order to figure which ones are going to be firewall-ed. You can imagine that I got really tired of questions related to sudden issues which are not my doing.
:wth: srsly ... instead of participating and report bugs you complain about them and want to firewall every 469 player?
Sorry, but this a dick move.

@ALL THE OTHERS
papercoffee wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:41 pm AND EVEN THE MOST IMPORTANT:

Bug Reports are entered here!!

This thread is not the place for complains and reporting issues. All of this belongs into the list of bugs on github.
I think closing this thread would be better now.

And I'd split the whole discussion thing from the release thread.