Post by EvilGrins »

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
TankBeef
Masterful

Re: Unreal Tournament 22 Years Later: An LGR Retrospective

Post by TankBeef »

Oh wow!!! What a wonderful video. Thanks for that, man. :D Yes, there's the exact PC Gamer CD that i had, with the demo. That was my "portal to a new world". :lol2:
Swanky
Adept
Personal rank: Brush Commander

Post by Swanky »

I remember playing Unreal. Or... trying to play Unreal because of its system requirements. Had to beg my parents to buy me UT. It was worth it... and then I found a tutorial on how to operate Unreal Editor.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

I found unrealEd by accident, clicked on it was hyped as a kid, think first thing I did was move the flags really close to each other on face.
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

That's funny, I also got to play UT99 for the first time thanks to that magic PC-Gamer CD (I still own it). I remember playing this demo @800x600 medium settings on a Riva TNT2, I was totally blown away by this game.
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

Someone found my stream because of LGR's video lol:
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Nice vid, I had enjoyed his Unreal one.
You must construct additional pylons.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

More about the magazine game demos. At that time I did not have, or even new what a 3D video card was. :lol2: I saw the mags at the stand, and I was like "wow, you get a CD included with free games", you know how much people love free stuff, its psychological. :lol2: But then...oh man, It tells me now I need a 3D card to play most of them. :? Oh well...wait, this "Unreal Tournament" thing has "software rendering" option, no 3D card required. :) So I fired it up. Turbine, the first map, and I remember the weird feeling, I had not played any deathmatch before, and I was like "what the...I die, and I click fire, come back to life, but the game continues, does not start over again...what the heck is this?". I felt out of place, I was used to the "standard" games, where you die and go back to the beginning of the level. But that deathmatch "weirdness", not only I started to get used to it, It quickly replaced everything else. :lol2: So after Turbine, I played Tempest, Phobos, Morpheus, Coret and Sesmar, in that order. And I saved for a Voodoo 3 3000, cause I wanted to try the other games that absolutely required 3D card, no way around it, and everyone recommending it. First time I fired up UT with the Voodoo I was...Whoaaa!!!...now it looks and plays totally awesome. :rock: Then I tried Quake 3 Arena demo, no software rendering at all there, played a bit, then went back to UT and played way much more, I was "this is the game I love, I am sticking to this one". :lol2: Then, after I played that demo to death, I went to the store, and bought the game. 8)