Unreal 2021

Discussions about everything else
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Unreal 2021

Post by EvilGrins »

Been seeing this pop up a lot lately, more in groups on Facebook and less in forums.

The blurb with it:
Screenshots from Unreal 2021 taken in the newest verison: Experimental 1.6.2, crazy to think that just 2 days ago I was in version Experimental 1.1.3, some of the materials you see in these screenshots are made from textures taken directly from Unreal 1998! Also, what you see is a minimal fraction of what I did in the past days, in fact, I've been working a lot on code (discovering all 5 stages of grief), and I've made a menù to change resolution, you can choose between: 4K (3840x2160), 2K (2048x1080), QHD (2560x1440), FHD (1920x1080, my native resolution), HD (1280x720), 800x600 and SD (640x480), if you want me to implement other resolution just write down below the resolution in the format number x number and I'll do that lightspeed! I also implemented a fully working FOV slider under the User section in Settings, so you can change your FOV in a range between 80 and 130. I also made the Escape button both bring up and close the pause menù, which is the same menù as the main menù, it took me 2 hour and 12 fucking versions to complete it but I made it! What do you think?

Thought I'd share...
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
TankBeef
Masterful

Re: Unreal 2021

Post by TankBeef »

Ah yes, Grins, I have seen this on my feed. The guy seems to be italian. Also apparently he likes DX11 renderer too much. :lol2: Looks interesting, though I don't know if there would be legal issues with Epic, he is using the name Unreal for once.
EDIT: He says he's 16 years old? Seriously? :shock:
EDIT2: Found out more. He goes by the name of Mafla2004. This is his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfhtSN ... ZklDlkt2Ew
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Looks like this IS the DX11 renderer (or at least a DX11 renderer - plenty of versions of it available on ModDB, the latest being 1.6.2). Also seems from the comments/discussion on ModDB that the dev has run into problems with Epic - not surprising if one calls it Unreal 2021 on Facebook (given that Unreal is an Epic trademark and Unreal 2021 suggests that it is a new Unreal game).

Whether it is appropriate to give a thread a name that Epic might be unhappy with is something I'll leave to others to ponder.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

OjitroC wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:21 pm Looks like this IS the DX11 renderer (or at least a DX11 renderer - plenty of versions of it available on ModDB, the latest being 1.6.2). Also seems from the comments/discussion on ModDB that the dev has run into problems with Epic - not surprising if one calls it Unreal 2021 on Facebook (given that Unreal is an Epic trademark and Unreal 2021 suggests that it is a new Unreal game).

Whether it is appropriate to give a thread a name that Epic might be unhappy with is something I'll leave to others to ponder.
Well, he is not the developer of the dx11, darknovismc is. I actually started a thread, and Ferali gives a good explanation of at least part of what happened. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14668
Now, according to Mafla, he is using Unreal Engine 4 for the project. I don't know how much I am allowed to post here, since all this info is from the facebook group.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

To be honest, that looks terrible and is only of any interest because we can recognize the Unreal level underneath the awful lighting.
You must construct additional pylons.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Everything is shiny and reflective... Who on earth told them that this is a good thing.
The layout is noobish rectangular rooms and the lighting ...ugh... what kind of B-movies is this mapper watching?
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

papercoffee wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:39 pm Everything is shiny and reflective... Who on earth told them that this is a good thing.
The layout is noobish rectangular rooms and the lighting ...ugh... what kind of B-movies is this mapper watching?
I agree, but...he is sixteen, supposedly, maybe cut him some slack? Or not?

(Oh, and b-movies are a guilty pleasure of mine, a lot of grindhouse in fact :lol2: )
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

If you like this shiny and reflective surfaces ...play a different game.
Unreal is pretty much about dirt and retro-tech I can imagine a remake with technology design out of the 70's and 80's.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

papercoffee wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:09 pm If you like this shiny and reflective surfaces ...
I don't.
papercoffee wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:09 pm Unreal is pretty much about dirt and retro-tech
I agree :tu:
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

TankBeef wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:20 pm
papercoffee wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:09 pm If you like this shiny and reflective surfaces ...
I don't.
:shock:
Ah sorry that "you" was meant more generally not explicitly you.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

papercoffee wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:39 pm The layout is noobish rectangular rooms and the lighting ...ugh... what kind of B-movies is this mapper watching?
Maybe, if I may hazard a guess, that's because he's started by copying Unreal's layout which is not extremely round and curvy.

TankBeef wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:59 pm he is sixteen, supposedly, maybe cut him some slack? Or not?
Come on, we were all 13 when we started and at 16 we made better things.
You must construct additional pylons.
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Apparently everyone must be born as a pro, judging by some of the comments. 🙄
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Neon_Knight wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:31 pm Apparently everyone must be born as a pro, judging by some of the comments. 🙄
No ...but coping the layout of the original, using all those high detailed textures and using bump and whatnot mapping and calling it Unreal 2021 ...doesn't make it look better.

I remember a certain young fella who presented on our forum a new fith Bonus-Pack with content only made by him.
He got a lot harsher critique from everyone regarding the content and that he was naming it a Bonus Pack ...and he survived it.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Wait, are we electing some Skaarj president for 2021 or something?

Also.. uhhh... sorry, I.... 1366 x 768 ... *shies away very embarassedly
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

Material posted on mine website.Btw nice pictures, and very well done those details. :gj:
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.