TeamColorOverlay (A mutator to display colored outlines around actors based on their team)

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: TeamColorOverlay (A mutator to display colored outlines around actors based on their team)

Post by EvilGrins »

PrinceOfFunky wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:42 pmYes, it's because they don't have a team.
Only the NPC bots, yes.

UTDM-monsters are team assigned, but only their projectiles get the overlay.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Re: TeamColorOverlay (A mutator to display colored outlines around actors based on their team)

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

EvilGrins wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:09 pm
PrinceOfFunky wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:42 pmYes, it's because they don't have a team.
Only the NPC bots, yes.

UTDM-monsters are team assigned, but only their projectiles get the overlay.
If those monsters have PlayerReplicationInfos then you just need to add the monsters class to the meshedWhitelistStr in the ini, it's all in the readme :D
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

PrinceOfFunky wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:23 amIf those monsters have PlayerReplicationInfos then you just need to add the monsters class to the meshedWhitelistStr in the ini, it's all in the readme
Sure, sure... but even though I haven't hosted games in years I still think mutators as to how they would apply to anyone connecting to my games. Changes I make to the setup works fine on my end, but wouldn't impact them.

So, I tend to stay close to defaults.

Moving right along, works fine on the Selk model from Team Orbit, and I've noted that projectiles and weaponfire tend to team color too but not as well with the Instagib. Strangely works better on standard ShockRifle than the Insta...
Attachments
Shot0194.png
Shot0157.png
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

EvilGrins wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:20 am
PrinceOfFunky wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:23 amIf those monsters have PlayerReplicationInfos then you just need to add the monsters class to the meshedWhitelistStr in the ini, it's all in the readme
Sure, sure... but even though I haven't hosted games in years I still think mutators as to how they would apply to anyone connecting to my games. Changes I make to the setup works fine on my end, but wouldn't impact them.

So, I tend to stay close to defaults.

Moving right along, works fine on the Selk model from Team Orbit, and I've noted that projectiles and weaponfire tend to team color too but not as well with the Instagib. Strangely works better on standard ShockRifle than the Insta...
The shockrifle beam's outline being displayed like that is a bug cause I didn't take in account bParticles=True actors, also some client-side actors can't have the outline for another bug. If you want you can remove the shockbeam from the meshedWhitelistStr array so that it doesn't get an outline. I think the worst outline comes with the pulsegun :lol2:
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

PrinceOfFunky wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:40 amI think the worst outline comes with the pulsegun
Actually, I love that one... looks kinda badass!
Attachments
Shot0103.png