DOM-RMC-Jupiter_K_3d beta

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
ExpEM
Adept

DOM-RMC-Jupiter_K_3d beta

Post by ExpEM »

Now with custom HUD!
-Replaces the default Domination point indicator with a custom texture.
-Team symbol to indicate which team owns the Domination point.
-Colour indicates what team the Cyberdragon is on (grey indicates no team)
-Two charge bars, top one indicates Cyberdragon team change, bottom one indicates when it will fire.

-NOTE: XOpenGL for UT469 has a bug that borks the HUD where two textures overlap.
-Use D3D7 on 469 to fix.

Other stuff:
-The Shockwave when Cyberdragon fires has been removed so team mates don't get pushed off the tower.
-Firing visuals are still a placeholder.
-Some bugs from the last beta still haven't been fixed.
-Added sounds, hated sounds, removed sounds.
DOM-Jupiter_K-3d.zip
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 18 times
Signature goes here.
Aspide
Skilled

Re: DOM-RMC-Jupiter_K_3d beta

Post by Aspide »

Fantastic!!!, this map just keeps getting better and better. Love the new HUD and the bots are having a lot of fun.

There is two ideas I have for this map:

-When someone dies by the CyberDragon there should be a death message about it. Something like: “Aspide was taken to the next life by the CyberDragon” :tongue:
-When the first bar of the control point is complete, the CyberDragon's colour should change to the team that owns it.

This map is soo much fun, good work ExpEM. :gj:
Somewhere in Nevada...
ExpEM
Adept

Post by ExpEM »

Aspide wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:37 am -When someone dies by the CyberDragon there should be a death message about it. Something like: “Aspide was taken to the next life by the CyberDragon” :tongue:

This is on my to do list.
Aspide wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:37 am -When the first bar of the control point is complete, the CyberDragon's colour should change to the team that owns it.
I considered doing this some time ago but put it on the back burner, lots of new textures to create before I can look at implementing it.
I also considered having the neon stripes on the tower change too but lighting it would be a nightmare.
Signature goes here.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Aspide wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:37 amWhen someone dies by the CyberDragon there should be a death message about it. Something like: “Aspide was taken to the next life by the CyberDragon”
I dunno, given respawning that's not very apt.

Maybe something more like "The big evil dragon is laughing at your charred remains".
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758