HELP PLEASE - CONNECTION DENIED [dreamcast]

Discussions about everything else
got-shadow
Novice

Re: HELP PLEASE - CONNECTION DENIED

Post by got-shadow »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:03 pm
got-shadow wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:17 pm Its loading correctly
But the error change, because dreamcast is trying loading next things....
I think we just need continue including the textures and it will load.

Automatically merged

OjitroC is helping me, this guy is saving my life, he add the new texture and dreamcast loading more and error change hehehe.
I think if OjitroC add more textures to me, this can be revive.
Omg thanks OjitroC
All of that suggests that the problem is not the textures. It's looking for textures that don't exist and it doesn't seem to recognise the groups in SoldierSkins.utx (like blkt, Gard, etc).

As I asked before
1 Can the client play locally using the Male2 model and SoldierSkins?
2 Can the client connect to the server using one of the other default models (Male Commando, Female Commando/Soldier)?

If the answer to 1 is yes, then there is no inherent problem with the texture file.

If the answer to 2 is no, then there is a problem with the connection per se. If the answer is yes, there is a problem with Male2/SoldierSkins but in the absence of logs it is difficult to diagnose.

Do we know if 405 can connect to 413 anyway?

Sorry to be negative but I'm not sure that adding textures that don't and shouldn't exist to the SoldierSkins.utx is going to solve the problem.
Oh dude, i have certain the problem is this crazy skins missing lol, dreamcast just try to load this crazy skin names into soldierskins.utx hehehe.

Can you please teach me, how you add this new skins into soldierskins.utx? This works fine, but i have more to add.

Dreamcast use other names to skins hehehe.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

got-shadow wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:14 pm
Is that the problem then? The client has different skins (or at least the same skins but with different names) but can't download the proper ones from the server?

As TankBeef suggested, move the relevant .utx files on the Dreamcast from the Texture folder and let it download the ones from the server?
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Ok...again, and I won't insist anymore, it is your choice.
I don't know if this is a "reverse engineering experiment" what you are trying to acomplish, but seriously...the PC versions of UT are easy to find, they have even been offered at ONE DOLLAR, they work on toasters, and you can find the latest patches that solve plenty of old problems. You get way more flexibility than with console versions. This is just for your consideration. Cause I really see you struggling with this. :facepalm:
EDIT: Are servers allowing console versions to connect these days? Have you been able to connect to other servers before recently? Does the server have ACE or other anti-cheat?
got-shadow
Novice

Post by got-shadow »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:29 pm
got-shadow wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:14 pm
Is that the problem then? The client has different skins (or at least the same skins but with different names) but can't download the proper ones from the server?

As TankBeef suggested, move the relevant .utx files on the Dreamcast from the Texture folder and let it download the ones from the server?
This you two are right, this is reverse engineering. I've already copied the .utx files available from the dreamcast to the computer's texture folder, but it just points to a fixed path soldierskins.utx and looks for those textures I mentioned.

Because on seganet's original server these textures were there, but curiously dreamcast doesn't have this package on the disk itself, not in .utx format but as .dat I can't get it to look elsewhere, so the most I can do is fill in the .utx files with textures it doesn't find.

The console loading bar is at 75%, at the beginning it was not 15%. Since I came across the texture issue, it had stopped at 70%, after its additions it advanced 5%.

I ask you to please teach me this procedure or maybe add me on skype or whatsapp and help me to complete what is missing.

Tens of users or even hundreds are still playing dreamcast online these days, I'm really committed to helping the community. Thanks for everything.

Automatically merged

I made some comparisons of the pc connecting to this same server and the dreamcast, I separated the two with an x, the pc being the first and the one with the low dreamcast

any ideas how to leave the same?

I noticed that the dreamcast does not receive guid.

follow the comparative log:

Login request: Index.unr?Name=Got-Shadow?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=1?skin=SoldierSkins.Gard?Face=SoldierSkins.Radkin?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne?Checksum=NoChecksum
x
Login request: Index.unr?name=rjbr?char=18?team=255

Level server received: HAVE GUID=D18A7B9211D38F04100067B9F6F8975A GEN=17
Level server received: HAVE GUID=4770B88411D38E3E100067B9F6F8975A GEN=10
Level server received: HAVE GUID=4770B88811D38E3E100067B9F6F8975A GEN=10
Level server received: HAVE GUID=1C69657611D38F44100067B9F6F8975A GEN=14
Level server received: HAVE GUID=4770B88C11D38E3E100067B9F6F8975A GEN=1
Level server received: JOIN
x
Level server received: JOIN

Join request: Index.unr?Name=Got-Shadow?Class=Botpack.TMale2?team=1?skin=SoldierSkins.Gard?Face=SoldierSkins.Radkin?Voice=BotPack.VoiceMaleOne?Checksum=NoChecksum
x
Join request: Index.unr?name=rjbr?char=18?team=255

Team 1
x
Team 255

Login: Got-Shadow
x
Login: rjbr

Possessed PlayerPawn: TMale2 DM-BARRICADE-DC.TMale2
x
Possessed PlayerPawn: TMale2 DM-BARRICADE-DC.TMale3

Join succeeded: Got-Shadow
x
Join succeeded: rjbr

CONNECTION FINE
x
Connection timed out after 30.000000 seconds (30.030125)
Close TcpipConnection3 12/06/21 19:45:37
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

Hi,

I tested the server, entering with a computer ut version 436 and for the pc the server version 400 of dreamcast worked normally....

weird because it doesn't work for the dreamcast console....
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Re: HELP PLEASE - CONNECTION DENIED [dreamcast]

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

the dreamcast maps and other stuff have been slightly changed etc so I suppose that won't work. In fact nobody yet provided the DC map exclusives 1:1 with all item placement intact (I know rocket arena has most of those technically but not the items).