Random bots picks from all 32 (not first 16)

Discussions about UT99
ASMD_Superfrog
Novice
Personal rank: No known description

Random bots picks from all 32 (not first 16)

Post by ASMD_Superfrog »

Hello everyone,

so I read the update history of UT and I saw the following note in the description of version 413: "Random bots picks from all 32 (not first 16) - including the specially configured ones".

For example: In [Botpack.ChallengeBotInfo] in the 'User.ini' if I put the bots 1 [0] to 16 [15] in team read and the bots 17 [16] to 32 [31] in team blue, every added bot will randomly chosen from the 1 [0] to 16 [15] bots and will set in the red team. Therefore if I play UT with 200 bots (InitialBots=200 and maybe MinPlayers=200 in UnrealTournament.ini), it will be a very interesting and entertaining game with 184 red bots and 16 blue bots. All specially configured ones. Team blue bots configured as godlike, team red bots are just cannon fodder. But since version 413 and newer it doesn't work anymore. The teams will be balanced in number. That is not what I prefer. And mods/mutators like XBots also don't work for me.

Is it possible to change this specific update back to the 16 bot pick, where I can use my personal customized bot list? Or maybe a change in actual or future updates? Otherwise I have to keep using version 400 in Windows 10. But that's another topic.

I apologise for my English
Greetings :)
:shock1: Thou canst not kill that which doth not live. But you can blast it into chunky kibbles. :instagib1:
Aspide
Skilled

Re: Random bots picks from all 32 (not first 16)

Post by Aspide »

Hello welcome to UT99.org :mrgreen: . I have 436/469 version of UT99 and there is an option to balance teams on the Bots section in the Map selection menu. If you go to the bot list and change the color of that bot and then uncheck balance teams then that bot will be part of that team. Also did you know you can add more bots than the default 16 without messing around with the ini files ?, all you have to do its start a match and then type "addbots x" in the system console, x is the number of bots that will be added to the game.
Somewhere in Nevada...
ASMD_Superfrog
Novice

Post by ASMD_Superfrog »

Thanks for the reply,
Well I know the option for balanced teams in the Bot section menu. Even in the version 400 it exists. I never use it, because of my specialized bot list. And yes, I know the "addbots x" command in the console. But while I am using just 200 Bots from the start, it's working fine. Maybe I can show some screenshots what I mean, when I am talking about random bot picks from 16 instead from 32 bots. So every bot from Bot/Bot33 up to Bot200 is rightfully in the red team. This is UT version 400. In later versions of UT (436 and so on) is doesn't work like this anymore.
So my question is: Is there a mod or mutator for version 436 and later that chooses the configured bot list like in version 400? Or can this single program code line restored to version 400?

Thanks and greetings
Attachments
Shot0003.jpg
Shot0001.jpg
Shot0000.jpg
:shock1: Thou canst not kill that which doth not live. But you can blast it into chunky kibbles. :instagib1:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Yes, un-click "Random Order". Without that it only selects them from the order you have them setup of whatever number you've selected.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
ASMD_Superfrog
Novice

Post by ASMD_Superfrog »

Well, if I uncheck "Random Order", then every added bot after Bot31 is blue not red. That would be exactly the opposite what I want. So maybe it has to do with my configured bot list, because the last bot in my list is in team blue. However, if the last bot in my list is team red, then every added bot after Bot31 will be in team red. For version 436 it is quite the best solution for my very specific problem. Not as good as version 400 but good enough.
Attachments
"Random Order" is unchecked. So if BotTeams[31]=0 every added bot afterwards will be red otherwise vice versa.
"Random Order" is unchecked. So if BotTeams[31]=0 every added bot afterwards will be red otherwise vice versa.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

ASMD_Superfrog wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:56 pmWell, if I uncheck "Random Order", then every added bot after Bot31 is blue not red.
That's not how it works. Team assignment without random is determined by order. 1st bot is red, 2nd is blue, 3rd is red, 4th is blue, etc etc etc.

Every even numbered bot will be on blue... so long as it's not set to "random order" and you're going off the default UT bot list.

Plus only playing 2 team games. Gets a little trickier if you're playing with 3 or 4 teams.
ASMD_Superfrog
Novice

Post by ASMD_Superfrog »

Well, yes and no. Of course it is determined by order. See my screenshot above. I am not using the default bot list, but my special one. First 16 bots are red, second 16 bots are blue. Depending which color the last regular bot has, every additional bot has its color.
Attachments
The last regular bot is Axon in the red team. Every bot after him up to Bot200 is also red and looks like him. If he is blue, every following bot will be also blue and looks like him.
The last regular bot is Axon in the red team. Every bot after him up to Bot200 is also red and looks like him. If he is blue, every following bot will be also blue and looks like him.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

So, when you say "specially configured ones" are you letting UT setup their stats... or are you doing it yourself?
Image Image Image Image
I do all my own setups, also use the original Xbots for them which doesn't alter their stats like the more recent version does.
ASMD_Superfrog
Novice

Post by ASMD_Superfrog »

Interesting models. :tu: I mean with "specially configured ones" bots based on skill and accuracy not on models. I do it directly in the user.ini.
For example 16 Bots in team blue with following stats:
BotSkills[xx]=1000
BotAccuracy[xx]=1
Alertness[xx]=1000
FavoriteWeapon[xx]=Any hitscan weapon (Minigun, Sniper Rifle, Shock Rifle, Super Shock Rifle)
the rest (184 Bots) in team red have this configuration:
BotSkills[xx]=-1000
BotAccuracy[xx]=-1000
Alertness[xx]=-1000
I use it for my CTF Games with 200 bots. The skill level is irrelevant. The result will be same. Funny mass destruction and a blood bath! :D
Attachments
I have configured the map with some more DefensePoints, "DistanceViewTriggers" normal Triggers around the weapons. So if the Red Bots entering the trigger zone the Blue Bots will react. And while team blue has only the Super Shock Rifle you can imagine what will happen. ;-) 16 Blue Bots vs. 184 Red Bots. UT Version 400
I have configured the map with some more DefensePoints, "DistanceViewTriggers" normal Triggers around the weapons. So if the Red Bots entering the trigger zone the Blue Bots will react. And while team blue has only the Super Shock Rifle you can imagine what will happen. ;-) 16 Blue Bots vs. 184 Red Bots. UT Version 400
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

How chaotic is a map with 200+ players on it? That's seems extremely insane to me... especially if you're not simply watching but actually in that mix yourself.

That last screenshot up there, from the scoreboard I can clearly see you're on the Blue Team.
ASMD_Superfrog
Novice

Post by ASMD_Superfrog »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:00 am How chaotic is a map with 200+ players on it? That's seems extremely insane to me... especially if you're not simply watching but actually in that mix yourself.

That last screenshot up there, from the scoreboard I can clearly see you're on the Blue Team.
Well, it is not chaotic as it could be, I prepared the game carefully with some console commands like "playersonly" and after I take the flag I use "set playerpawn health 0" so the bots will not attack me but they came close to the triggers where they get attacked. The rest of the game will be history. :D It seems extremely insane to you? Well it is. That's how I play UT. A completely senseless and almost stupid way to play. Maybe I am the only one in this forum who plays UT like this. 8)

And yes I am in the Blue Team. It's a decision I made many years ago, so it is how it is.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Dunno that requires much deciding, I play on either team and sometimes Green or Yellow depending on the gametype.

Offhand, I can think of 1 map where being on Blue would be a distinct disadvantage · https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 63907.html

Just think you might find it more enjoyably if you maybe evened up the skills with the opposition sometimes. Game tends to be more fun when the other teams have a chance of winning.
Attachments
Shot0033.png
ASMD_Superfrog
Novice

Post by ASMD_Superfrog »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:53 pm Dunno that requires much deciding, I play on either team and sometimes Green or Yellow depending on the gametype.

Offhand, I can think of 1 map where being on Blue would be a distinct disadvantage.

Just think you might find it more enjoyably if you maybe evened up the skills with the opposition sometimes. Game tends to be more fun when the other teams have a chance of winning.
Sometimes I chanced some Assault Maps to CTF-Maps. Because of the asymmetry it is possible that one team has a bigger advantage or disadvantage than the other.
A chance of winning is relative. It is crystal clear that only I and my team will win the game. :tu: But if I play the edited CTF-Tutorial-Map then the other team has much more space advantage and they come close to the base respectively to the flag.
Attachments
CTF-Little SHOCK.png
CTF-Little InstaGIB.png
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I just say ...why is no one using "marginal enhanced Bot configuration" with that mod you can customise all 32 bots as you like and even see what they will look like.
when I use random order nearly every bot has the chance to appear.

Or do I misunderstand the issue?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

papercoffee wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:57 pm I just say ...why is no one using "marginal enhanced Bot configuration" with that mod you can customise all 32 bots as you like and even see what they will look like.
when I use random order nearly every bot has the chance to appear.

Or do I misunderstand the issue?
The issue is more to do with team assignment of up to 200 bots in v400.

I used to use the marginal enhanced bot configuration until I started using xBots9 in which one can customise 320 bots and get them to appear randomly - in TDM, in particular, I would always hope I would get some of sektor's MBots on my team as they are superior in team games to the default bots (more 'loyal', obey orders etc) so the team aspect works much better (under my command of course).