[DEMO] UT99 Extension Pack

Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

[DEMO] UT99 Extension Pack

Post by Shadow »

Description

The Download for the Demo Version of the Unreal Tournament SDK. It mostly contains basic features like Standard Emitters Lensflares, Basic Projectors and can be seen as some kind of Preview but not as an SDK like the Final Version.

The Public Demo Version contains: Basic Emitters, Basic Spritebeams, ~ 20 Example Classes, some Documentation, 1 small crappy Test-Map, Basic Projectors, Simple Mesh Overlayers, 2 Util-Classes, Installer (if UMOD Download), Lensflares, Dynamic Coronas, UScript Source Classes, Content Source, Options Menu and so on. The Download is very small (3 MB in size) thus it's recommended for Modem/ISDN Users because the Final will probably be ~ 80 MB (or more) in size!

I know that it isn't that much, but it's just Demo/Beta Version so I recommend to develope with the stuff in the Final Version. It'll contain a multiple amount of classes as used in the Beta, tons of guiding Maps, Tech Demos, Tutorials and other Surprise that'll shake your balls.

It was formaly known as "UT99 Extension Pack" to make it look and feel more official I decided to slightly rename it into UnrealTournament SDK / UnrealTournament Extension Pack (both means the same).

Download

UT99 Extension Pack v1.01 [DEMO] (ZIP Version) @ ModDB.com

Requirements
  • GAME: Unreal Tournament v436
  • HDD: 5 MB
  • CPU: 1 GHZ CPU (2 GHZ Class CPU or higher recommended)
  • GRAPHICS CARD: DirectX/OpenGL compatible Graphics-Card with min. 64 MB VRam (128 MB and more recommended)
  • RAM: 128 MB RAM (or more)
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: [DEMO] UT99 Extension Pack

Post by Feralidragon »

Is there a release date or something of the Final Version of the Extension Pack?
Dare
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 God

Post by Dare »

What is SDK?
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Dare wrote:What is SDK?
Software Development kit??? :roll:
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Feralidragon wrote:Is there a release date or something of the Final Version of the Extension Pack?
Currently it's on "TBD" (To Be Decided) because on the one hand I try to (always) improve existing features of "Lost Secrets of Na Pali" or invent totally new features (Volumes, Extended Collision and/or most of the current Particle System Code based on sudden inspiration while I was shitting) nobody even thought of before.. and the funny thing is I'm doing this all alone. Now you should imagine how difficult it is to put out a high quality Package done by only one person (with slightly additional help of 2 guys..).

thx Crev, as always mate!
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Shadow wrote:Currently it's on "TBD" (To Be Decided) because on the one hand I try to (always) improve existing features of "Lost Secrets of Na Pali" or invent totally new features (Volumes, Extended Collision and/or most of the current Particle System Code based on sudden inspiration while I was shitting) nobody even thought of before.. and the funny thing is I'm doing this all alone. Now you should imagine how difficult it is to put out a high quality Package done by only one person (with slightly additional help of 2 guys..).

thx Crev, as always mate!
I know what you mean, as I am doing my single player mod "Mission Ultimate" all alone too.
I was thinking to use your SDK to develop it, but as it is in TBD state, I have to move on, you know.
But as soon you release it, I'm going to improve my mod with your SDK.

Good luck and good work :wink:
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

That sounds good to me. The SDK should be released around April/May.
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

I have just two more questions, as I am highly interested on your SDK:

1 - With your SDK, can we generate terrain UT2004 like? What I mean is that we currently do BSP Based Terrain, which is very bad due to a large amount of BSP Holes and so. But UT2004 has an actor which we can generate terrain, and it's not BSP, so it hasn't no BSP Holes at all, so has your SDK something like that?

2 - Your SDK will support vehicles (which is a very important thing for my SP Mod), and vehicles need bigger maps than the standard ones, so, does your SDK extend mapping limit to something bigger than 65.535 UU (which is the current limit for mapping, counting from the origin to the last Ued mapping area edge)?
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

Feralidragon wrote:I have just two more questions, as I am highly interested on your SDK:

1 - With your SDK, can we generate terrain UT2004 like? What I mean is that we currently do BSP Based Terrain, which is very bad due to a large amount of BSP Holes and so. But UT2004 has an actor which we can generate terrain, and it's not BSP, so it hasn't no BSP Holes at all, so has your SDK something like that?
No, not yet. It might be implemented into the new render but it shurely would lack good collision support. Additionally did you see any referral concerning terrain stuff at the Feature List(s), no? ...

Feralidragon wrote: 2 - Your SDK will support vehicles (which is a very important thing for my SP Mod), and vehicles need bigger maps than the standard ones, so, does your SDK extend mapping limit to something bigger than 65.535 UU (which is the current limit for mapping, counting from the origin to the last Ued mapping area edge)?
Yes it does, partially. As you might know moonangel, the former headcoder of LSoNP implemented a Staticmesh-Like Modelsystem. It was originally planned to solve the "Invisible-Mesh-At-Certain-Locations"-Bug but as it progressed moon coded a completely new Mesh System. There're ways to extend the polycount of renderable surfaces per frame. The render of "Battle for Na Pali" does something like that, but it's not yet intended for public.
Unreal1ty
Average
Personal rank: UT-Mod Lead Designer

Post by Unreal1ty »

Have a question to you. Does the engine support reflective materials or mirror surfaces?
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Unreal1ty wrote:Have a question to you. Does the engine support reflective materials or mirror surfaces?
If are talking about brushes, yes it does.

If you are talking about meshes, I think currently not, but with the SDK... might be, I don't know.
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

moonangel was working on implementing proper cube mapping, dunno if I'm continueing this work...
Currently with the overlayers you're able to draw env mapping textures on a skin, which might contain a picture of the envionment to simulate reflections.
Unreal1ty
Average

Post by Unreal1ty »

cubemapping would be great. i really would appreciate this feature in the sdk.
Shadow
Masterful

Post by Shadow »

yarp.. sure it would be great, but currently I'm feeling a bit unmotivated.. argh, spring/summer's comin' ..
Unreal1ty
Average

Post by Unreal1ty »

unmotivated? hm, but you have to do a job, man xD im counting on you(r SDK), hehe. the pics looking really fantastic, im so excited to see the full version. So do you have plans for a new (b5)-mod or something like that?