Where do you host your files?

Discussions about UT99
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Where do you host your files?

Post by EvilGrins »

For screenshots, I use the Scrapbook feature on Livejournal. It has a maximum capacity of 100GB, which surprisingly with all the screenshots I post I'm only using about 11% of that as yet.

For maps & skins & whatnot, I use Mediafire. It has a maximum capacity of 50GB and so far I'm only using about 3.36GB.

Both of these work out well for me, I've had both accounts a very long time... but I'm always keeping an eye open for other alternatives.
Attachments
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzClip0002.png
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzClip0001.png
Last edited by EvilGrins on Tue May 24, 2022 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Neon_Knight
Adept

Re: Where do you host your files?

Post by Neon_Knight »

Imgur for screenshots.

Mega and Dropbox for files, especially if they aren't meant to last long, in that order. For permanent stuff, ModDB and the Unreal Archive.
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
Neon_Knight
Adept

Re: Where do you host your files?

Post by Neon_Knight »

The old Epic Games forums (NOT the Unreal Tournament ones) are back, and I've found this list by accident.

https://forums.epicgames.com/unreal-tou ... load-sites

Might be worth checking and separating the still-alive sites from those who aren't around anymore.
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.