dnf2001 server

Discussions about everything else
XiiXeh

dnf2001 server

Post by XiiXeh »

Im going to purchase a vps (running linux most likely ofcourse) to run a dedicated dnf2001 server but the only issue i can think of is that the game has to be opened in order to open the dedicated server and adjust certain settings, How would i do this on a vps?
Barbie
Godlike

Re: dnf2001 server

Post by Barbie »

If that is a root server (=you have root shell access) you can set up everything.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Eternity
Skilled

Post by Eternity »

First steps might be not that easy at all...
It is not only a lot of new things to learn, but also a pitfalls of different sort, since quite often things do not work as they should / intended to...
In some cases it may take a while even for experienced admins to make it working...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Start game in another environment, do settings then copy INI files recently changed into dedicated server - with other words copy settings from a clone with a known good configuration tested as non-dedicated LAN server. Later it might be needed small polishing because elsewhere internal timers might work different.
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

whats a "dnf2001" server?
Ergh just googled. Duke Nukem Forever 2001?
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
SilverSound
Adept
Personal rank: Curious

Post by SilverSound »

Not sure why this is on a UT99 forum. This should also be in the offtopic section.
"Woah what?! I wish I was recording that...."